X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

X3 Release [0.20]

09 Oct 2016, 10:40

X3 Release [0.20] :rhino:
Hot on the heels of X3 Release [0.19], we are following up with new X3 Release [0.20]. This is basically a maintenance-release, apart from TWO new substantial features (see highlights), which some of you may find interesting.

Demo
Nothing much new, but you might want to check out the new Fotomoto demo.
https://demo.photo.gallery/

Upgrade
Easy

1. Download from same link as before, either x3.latest.zip or x3.latest.nocontent.zip. It is recommended to download the "nocontent" version if you are upgrading, as this does not contain all the sample content.
  2. Unpack the downloaded Zip file.
  3. Upload everything EXCEPT /content/ and /config/, overwriting existing files.
X3 [0.20] Updatelog
Highlights

• Fotomoto Plugin
    Added native support in X3 for the Fotomoto print-on-demand e-commerce service, which some of you may be familiar with from Imagevue X2. Check out new X3 Fotomoto demo1 and demo2, or head on over to www.fotomoto.com to read all about it. To use, simply sign up for an account at Fotomoto, and enable the X3 plugin under Settings › Plugins › Fotomoto. PS! Prices and products are managed from your Fotomoto Dashboard.
  • Improved 3D Logo Effect
    The interactive 3D text logo in X3 now supports single words, multiple words (yes more than two) and a new "synch" setting for a smoother appearance.
New

• Improved and optimized x3-popup.
  • Added x3-popup as image link target option. Useful for showing youtube videos from image links.
  • Removed ugly image-hover on image-landing page.
  • Improved links hover effect.
  • Improved colors for links in alert-boxes with colored backgrounds.
  • Fixed alert-box close-button sample code in sample content.
  • Diagnostics now checks if .htaccess is supported.
Bugs

• Fixed a bug where Youtube videos in x3-popup could continue to play in the background after being closed.
  • Fixed x3-popup to also work when "preview" is disabled in gallery items.
  • Fixed a bug where menu could fail to display on ultra high-res, dual-orientation touch-devices (eg. iPad pro) in landscape mode.
  • Removed "options -indexes" from .htaccess, as it creates errors on some servers. This should be set by default on your server!
  • Fixed bug when uploading images if panel has been renamed to something else than "panel".
  • Diagnostics added fix for corrupted session_paths [forum]
  • Fixed error in diagnostics that occurred on old PHP 5.3/5.4 servers.

Jeronimo

Re: X3 Release [0.20]

09 Oct 2016, 13:57

I've decided that your image gallery will be used as a complete web page for my private domain. 
Currently I am trying interface and functionality of the latest stable version X2.8.10.3. 

However, I haven't decided whether to purchase the current version, or wait for the final release of version X3. 
I understood correctly, that X2 license owners will not receive a free upgrade to X3, but only for a better offer?

I don't want to pay for one thing twice.

Thank you for answer.

EDIT:
Later in the user control panel, I noticed those two announcements, so I've got the answer to my question.

EHRETic
Experienced

09 Oct 2016, 17:27

Raaaaaa, you did it, many thanks for the multiple 3D goody !  :blush:

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

10 Oct 2016, 00:28

@Jeronimo: It seems you already found answers to your questions, but for reference, allow me to answer:
Jeronimo wrote:I've decided that your image gallery will be used as a complete web page for my private domain. 
Currently I am trying interface and functionality of the latest stable version X2.8.10.3.
X3 certainly is a much more "capable" tool in terms of building a new website for 2016. Fast, SEO-friendly, mobile-friendly, retina-friendly, and much more features to manage content that is expected for a "full" website.
Jeronimo wrote:However, I haven't decided whether to purchase the current version, or wait for the final release of version X3.
Since we haven't yet launched new www.photo.gallery, it is still unclear to many that X3 is already officially released several months ago. "Final" version is a bit misleading concept ... X3 is already official (non-beta), and there will be plenty more updates far into the foreseeable future.

We hope to launch new www.photo.gallery within two months!
Jeronimo wrote:I understood correctly, that X2 license owners will not receive a free upgrade to X3, but only for a better offer?
That is correct. Current X2 users will receive a 50% discount when purchasing an X3 license. Here is all the info you need until we have launched new www.photo.gallery:
https://forum.photo.gallery/viewtopic.php?t=8618
Jeronimo wrote:I don't want to pay for one thing twice.
All future X3 updates are free for existing X3 license holders. From now until forever.

drzylvon
Experienced

13 Nov 2016, 07:26

Hey Karl, 

Any 'rough' timeframe on the music player ? 
Still holding any upgrade until it happens :-) 

Thanks in advance, 

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

13 Nov 2016, 12:54

drzylvon wrote:Any 'rough' timeframe on the music player ? 
Still holding any upgrade until it happens :-)
New release tomorrow night will include audio player!

drzylvon
Experienced

14 Nov 2016, 01:03

Positively surprised :-)
Looking forward to testing it out, 

Greeting, 
S.