Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

EHRETic
Experienced

Re: X3 Release [0.15]

03 Feb 2016, 10:47

Super cool as usual Karl :)

One question just out of curiosity because from now on, I'm more and more exited about having the very last version rather than having a super cool and super fast website... sorry I can't help it ! :mrgreen:

So the question : do you have any roadmap for 2016 (features, bug fixes...) ?

Thank you one more time for all the great work and support.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

03 Feb 2016, 13:27

EHRETic wrote:So the question : do you have any roadmap for 2016 (features, bug fixes...) ?
No official list for now, as the public version was released not long ago. For sure main focus is still on bugs, improving performance and diagnostics, and making X3 as compatible and painless as possible on most servers. We have a new release coming soon, which will fix a few minor bugs, but also add some nice new features.

Other than a few minor releases, we need to spend some time shortly with a new www.photo.gallery website, a new faster/cleaner forum, and some new X3 documentation. Once this is ready, we are looking forward to get back to brand new X3 features and releases. Here are some things from the top of my head:

- More content plugins, like carousels (testimonials) etc.
- More content templates and examples of layouts for content.
- Video startpage.
- Audio player.
- Shopping cart integration possibly with shopify.com, but also some generic hooks.
- Custom sorting.
- Custom "contact" forms.
- Dynamic filter/sort images on a page (with a UI).
- More "mega" menu options.
- Frontend languages
- More plugins.
- Integrate with Bootstrap 4 (Far future).
- Integrate with much more modern PHP framework to build X3 upon, for easier diagnostics, faster speeds, and easier implementation of new plugins (Far future, will likely require a PHP 5.6+).

andreamarucci
Experienced

04 Feb 2016, 09:02

Karl you can count on me for italian version if you need help and also I'd add to the list a sort of module for the front page that show the latest galleries or pictures added. I'd love such an addon :-)

LeiRuM
Experienced

07 Feb 2016, 16:36

hello, because facebook share my web not preview the image of the web?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

07 Feb 2016, 21:42

You have to set a PREVIEW image for all pages, including your index start page. You have not set a preview image for your start page, and neither do you have a default image. It is in fact trying to look for a file that does not exist, somewhere in one of your settings:
http://www.raulmuriel.es/website/conten ... /thumb.jpg

You have MANY options. None which you have taken advantage of:

1. Set a default preview image from settings->page->details, which is used for any page that doesn't have a specific preview image:

2. Set a preview image specifically for the page (page->settings->details)!

After making changes, you may need to run the facebook debugger.
https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/

LeiRuM
Experienced

08 Feb 2016, 09:19

Change everything you tell me, but it does not work :cry:

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

08 Feb 2016, 13:39

LeiRuM wrote:Change everything you tell me, but it does not work :cry:
Not sure why you are referring to the the following image that does not exist:
http://www.raulmuriel.es/website/conten ... on/byj.jpg

The image above is set as your preview image from one of your settings, yet it does not exist. If you give me login to your panel, I can take a look.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

09 Feb 2016, 00:23

Ok I checked your panel, and there are a few compound issues here.

First of all, you are using the gallery ASSETS for your INDEX page:

This means X3 will by default look in the ASSETS folder for your preview image for this page. As you have set it to "byj.jpg", it would look for that file inside the galleries/presentacion/ folder. To make sure you tell X3 to NOT look in the page's assets folder, you would need to set a full path to the image "1.index/byj.jpg":

I already did this for you, but it seems your website is using some additional server caching mechanism. No matter what I change for the index page, it does not display on the page. I did a CURL for your page, and I see this output:
Code
X-Geo: varn15.rbx5
X-Geo-Port: 1010
X-Cacheable: Cacheable: matched cache
It seems your server is using VARNISH cache, and this is actually a GOOD thing. However, you need to have a mechanism to refresh the varnish cache when something changes ... This is something you are aware of?

LeiRuM
Experienced

09 Feb 2016, 06:07

I have no idea what the, VARNISH cache, is something that I can set? or create a script to update? or it is subject to server administrators?

Thank you!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

09 Feb 2016, 10:42

LeiRuM wrote:I have no idea what the, VARNISH cache, is something that I can set? or create a script to update? or it is subject to server administrators?
Varnish cache is a very interesting Apache cache module, which we would like to integrate with X3 at some point. However, it seems your server is using it by default? I am not sure what events it uses to force refresh a page ... you need to ask your host. I am surprised you did not notice anything earlier? When you add settings and click SAVE, do the changes appear in your website?

The varnish cache is cool, but I don't see how it can work with X3 without configuration. If your host has it setup by default, maybe it's just looking for changes in static HTML pages ... That would not work in X3, since a page is built dynamically based on changes in page.json file and files inside the folder.

LeiRuM
Experienced

09 Feb 2016, 17:27

When I save everything works fine.
The only fault is that of the preview image on Facebook.

Thank you!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

09 Feb 2016, 22:08

LeiRuM wrote:When I save everything works fine.
The only fault is that of the preview image on Facebook.
If you can save, then why do you have this value on your index page, referring to an image that doesn't exist:

It should be set to an image that exists, for example:

Problem is, I set that the other day, then someone set it back. And at least from here, the page is still cache because I see the OLD values in the source:
Code
<meta property="og:image" content="http://www.raulmuriel.es/website/render/w1280-h1280-q90/2.galleries/presentacion/byj.jpg">
I also tried editing some text, and your page is caching old values. If it is working for you for some reason then GOOD, but then you need to set the PREVIEW IMAGE to an image that exists, else we are just walking in loops. It is that simple: Set the preview image value to an image that exists, and if your varnish cache isn't caching old outputs, then it will work. Please send me a link once you have changed it to a correct value, and the varnish cache is not caching an old page.

LeiRuM
Experienced

10 Feb 2016, 08:14

http://www.raulmuriel.es/website/conten ... trato2.jpg

Where can I change these values?

Code
<meta property="og:image" content="http://www.raulmuriel.es/website/render ... on/byj.jpg">

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

10 Feb 2016, 12:24

Panel > 1.index > settings > details > preview image (scroll to bottom).

This is the PREVIEW IMAGE for your page, and must be set to an image that exists. When I tried to set this earlier, the page would not refresh, and when I checked before m previous post, somebody had changed it to an incorrect value again.

Pol

20 Feb 2016, 13:38

Sorry: Simply update as usual ...
But where do we find x3.latest :-)