Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Martin
Experienced

Re: convert.php / Update from 0.11 -> 0.12

02 Dec 2015, 05:43

mjau-mjau wrote:As for if a logo is exactly displaying at 320 or not, that is a relative question, likely because there is also necessary PADDING included.
Yes... I see.
The padding is something I didn't realize.
mjau-mjau wrote:I can see there is an imperfection here that the logo without padding is not actually displaying at the width you set it to in CSS, but this should not be a general obstacle as the CSS is generally available as a tool to adjust settings.
And again... indeed.
The dimensions in the CSS can be changed to any value, so it shouldn't be necessarily 320 or 640. A setting of 400 does indeed enlarge the logo.
Point taken :-)

Eightkiller
Experienced

02 Dec 2015, 05:47

Hy, it was just the padding that changed it. you just have to add a padding:0 , to your custom CSS:
Code
.logo > img {
     padding: 0;
}
Previously on 0.11, there were no padding, that's why the size seemed to have changed
-> problem solved.

Thanks.

Eightkiller
Experienced

02 Dec 2015, 05:58

Hy a last question:

I previously had an "x3-hover-icon-asterisk-primary" on my menu preview image, i don't find a way to add this CSS classes to the menu item on the 0.12 version:

In 0.11 i had configured it this way on my "Page settings" :
Code
menu		: carousel:7 crop:1,3 items:title,preview,description x3-hover-icon-asterisk-primary
Unfortunately on 0.12 i dont find a "CSS Classes" section, in the "Settings/Menu" configuration.
How can i do to get this same functionnality ? I already tried to add manually a "classses" attribute inside the JSON file but it is not recognized by the menu item
Code
 "menu": {
        "crop": {
            "crop": [
            ]
        },
        "type": "carousel",
        "carousel_amount": 7,
        "carousel_items": "title,preview,description",
		"classes": "x3-hover-icon-asterisk-primary"
    },
So it seems it is not just a UI oblivion but that the possibility to add CSS classes to the "menu" item might have been removed ?

Thanks in advance.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

03 Dec 2015, 00:06

Eightkill wrote:I previously had an "x3-hover-icon-asterisk-primary" on my menu preview image, i don't find a way to add this CSS classes to the menu item on the 0.12 version:
Hmm no ... We prefer to minimize interface, especially when adding a separate class input for the menu seems a bit unnecessary.

Let me look into it for a new release coming in a weeks time though. I might set the hover effect as default, or reconsider the class.

Eightkiller
Experienced

03 Dec 2015, 13:14

Thanks for considering it :)

It was looking nice on my gallery, i found it user friendly on my menu ^^

You can check it here : http://www.insightspirit.com/, on my gallery menu :)

Good luck !

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

05 Dec 2015, 02:55

Just for reference, I have now re-added a menu classes input in the page MENU tab. This will be available in a release tomorrow.

It doesn't currently have any specific functionality outside of adding the mouse-hover classes for the carousel-menu, but there could be more uses for this feature in the future. Also, it has benefits for advanced usage for those creating their own specific menu styles. For example, it could be used to color some specific menu items, or entirely restyle them.