Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

dxodik
Experienced

Re: X3 Status Update [Aug 15]

06 Nov 2015, 18:23

LeiRuM wrote:I have a problem, upload photos panel everything is correct, but on the web the new photos is not displayed.

Thanks
from my side all image are visible :D
https://yadi.sk/i/mBtWzXbnkHUfT

LeiRuM
Experienced

08 Nov 2015, 17:36

You can not sort the photos by date uploaded to the web ??, and last out the first

I do not get that resizes images larger than 10Mb or more, any solution?

Thanks

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

09 Nov 2015, 02:00

LeiRuM wrote:You can not sort the photos by date uploaded to the web ??, and last out the first
You want to sort images by the true image-date? ... or the date they are uploaded? Upload date could be random, because it is based on the server-stamp when they arrive on server. We need to look into date-sorting, because unlike name-sorting, it requires accessing either the exif-date stored in the image, or reading the server-date of the image.
LeiRuM wrote:I do not get that resizes images larger than 10Mb or more, any solution?
If you have images that are 10MB+, perhaps you should consider resizing them to 1600 px before upload? There are several limitations to web upload-resizer, including server-limitations, and the fact that it is your browser that has to load previews, and resize very large images 10MB+. Perhaps we can fix ...

LeiRuM
Experienced

09 Nov 2015, 15:09

mjau-mjau wrote:
LeiRuM wrote:You can not sort the photos by date uploaded to the web ??, and last out the first
You want to sort images by the true image-date? ... or the date they are uploaded? Upload date could be random, because it is based on the server-stamp when they arrive on server. We need to look into date-sorting, because unlike name-sorting, it requires accessing either the exif-date stored in the image, or reading the server-date of the image.
LeiRuM wrote:I do not get that resizes images larger than 10Mb or more, any solution?
If you have images that are 10MB+, perhaps you should consider resizing them to 1600 px before upload? There are several limitations to web upload-resizer, including server-limitations, and the fact that it is your browser that has to load previews, and resize very large images 10MB+. Perhaps we can fix ...

It would be best to sort by creation date for the exif data, but it is easier to sort them by date uploaded to the server, would be perfect for me.

Karl Thanks for the great work and for your patience.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

09 Nov 2015, 15:24

There is a new version out, v0.12.9, with several bugs fixed. It contains a brand new demo structure, so the download- and upload will be slightly larger (40mb). Optionally, you can download without the /content/ folder by changing the link to x3.latest.nocontent.zip. I recommend downloading the new content for this release though, as there are several new and improved example pages.

NEW! check the updated demo gallery:
https://demo.photo.gallery

The demo above is basically a clone of the release version, but hosted on our server naturally.

We still have a few more things to fix, but if all goes well, this will soon be released officially as "release candidate". We can then take a look at the convert.php script, for those who want to upgrade from previous X3 beta's. I don't know if anyone has updated between the recent releases in this thread yet, but you may have noticed how simple the update process is? No more editing files- or re-applying any settings after update, because your custom settings are stored safely in config/config.user.json, which is merged with default settings runtime.

LeiRuM
Experienced

09 Nov 2015, 16:12

When the audio player work?

Thanks

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

10 Nov 2015, 00:13

LeiRuM wrote:When the audio player work?
We need to release X3 first, as we can't spend more time in "beta". So expect a couple of months before we ca add the audio player.

andreamarucci
Experienced

10 Nov 2015, 04:18

Karl, I'm running .11 now and I'd like to upgrade. It's safe to do that with this version or do I've to wait for the release candidate? No hurry, just wanting to see the news :-)

GGANG
Experienced

10 Nov 2015, 04:19

Hello Karl,
Do you enable additional user for this update V.0.12.9 ? :D
very exiting to see X3RC :shock:

Eightkiller
Experienced

10 Nov 2015, 04:54

In fact for Computer engineers, the new UI is way worst to use ^^, i hate to click everywhere sounds like Wordpress lol, harder to use for my brain ! Maybe i'll use the JSON directly ^^

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

10 Nov 2015, 07:12

LeiRuM wrote:It would be best to sort by creation date for the exif data, but it is easier to sort them by date uploaded to the server, would be perfect for me.
Will be looking into date-sorting at some point.
andreamarucci wrote:Karl, I'm running .11 now and I'd like to upgrade. It's safe to do that with this version or do I've to wait for the release candidate? No hurry, just wanting to see the news :-)
I would wait a week or so, because there are currently a few frequent updates coming out. Besides, you need to run the convert.php script included, because the 0.12.* release page-settings/settings structure changed entirely. I will post about the convert-process in a separate post in a weeks time ...
GGANG wrote:Hello Karl,
Do you enable additional user for this update V.0.12.9 ? :D
very exiting to see X3RC :shock:
I still need to fix the database-version in latest release, as I discovered a bug in settings yesterday. I also need to fix the "users" so they are also updated to latest release. So currently it's not ready for users/database, but this should be ready in a weeks time.
Eightkill wrote:In fact for Computer engineers, the new UI is way worst to use ^^, i hate to click everywhere sounds like Wordpress lol, harder to use for my brain ! Maybe i'll use the JSON directly ^^
I can see where you are coming from, but ultimately we had no choice. First of all, I believe even you were just copying over the data in the yml files, and you must admit it was not intuitive as to how to apply settings, even if you knew the settings. Thus, this is a visual result of the settings structure, and we have tried to make it as clean as possible. Besides, you should try setting up your page defaults in the main settings first ... Once you have done this, it is rare that you will not need to change many settings on a per-page basis anyway ... It would not be normal to use more than a couple of different page layouts, you should stick to a few.

tschortsch
Experienced

10 Nov 2015, 09:27

Hi,
I am not able to install the panel! Check says everything is fine and I successfully modified the config.php according the X3 docs to use the database.

I get following error message when clicking the install button:
Code
Warning: require_once(../app/x3.config.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/htdocs/.../x3/panel/config.php on line 4

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '../app/x3.config.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:..') in /www/htdocs/.../x3/panel/config.php on line 4
Does anybody know what to do? I successfully installed previous X3 versions... Even with file permissions 777 on all files and folders I receive the same error!

Overmaster
Experienced

10 Nov 2015, 10:12

Bug in Resolution 2560x1600

Resolution 1920x1200

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

10 Nov 2015, 14:40

v0.12.10 released.
Fixed more bugs with the popup, sharing, paths and DB-panel.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

10 Nov 2015, 14:45

tschortsch wrote:Hi,
I am not able to install the panel! Check says everything is fine and I successfully modified the config.php according the X3 docs to use the database.
Sorry, you need to download latest release v.12.10.

Instructions
First login to normal admin, change to DB-version and add DB details. Click save, and you will get logged out. Proceed to install, and install. Once done, proceed to login ...

As noted earlier ...
- Do NOT edit any config/setting files manually as you have done.
- DB-version currently only supports the main user, not additional users.
- As noted earlier in this thread, the current docs are outdated.