X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

Re: X3 Status Update [Aug 15]

10 Nov 2015, 14:49

Overmaster wrote:Bug in Resolution 2560x1600
The bug is not related to resolution. Furthermore, nothing changed with this layout type in this release. I would like to see a link so we maybe can figure out why you get this issue. Here is screenshot from 2560x1600:

Overmaster
Experienced

10 Nov 2015, 15:03

http://green-frame.com

go to the root of the site and click on the first link , the bug only manifests itself

This error was not in the version 0.9

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

11 Nov 2015, 00:08

Overmaster wrote:http://green-frame.com

go to the root of the site and click on the first link , the bug only manifests itself

First, I need to ask you to be cautious about using such extreme row-height >800px (why so big?) for so many images in a wide layout. Keep in mind the browser needs to load- and keep all these large images in memory when scrolling vertically, something which can be really tough for mobile devices. Also, the justified layout is a javascript process, and the more the images, the more processing. It could be slow on mobile devices.

Works here, see screenshot. Maybe someone else can also try? I am not saying there is no bug, but I am just stating this is not related specifically to screen size, or this version, but instead something random browser/layout. Try resizing your browser after the page loads, and see if the layout fixes itself.

masquefotos
Experienced

11 Nov 2015, 04:14

What is the file to be translated in the options panel?
Taking advantage of the post, as I can remove the bottom bar? Deputy capture
link: http://www.jcarloscruz.com/nueva
mac and crome and firefox
Attachments
Captura-de-pantalla-2015-11-11-10.04.35.jpg
Captura-de-pantalla-2015-11-11-10.04.35.jpg (31.85 KiB) Viewed 10634 times

Overmaster
Experienced

11 Nov 2015, 05:05

mjau-mjau wrote:
Overmaster wrote:http://green-frame.com

First, I need to ask you to be cautious about using such extreme row-height >800px (why so big?) for so many images in a wide layout. Keep in mind the browser needs to load- and keep all these large images in memory when scrolling vertically, something which can be really tough for mobile devices. Also, the justified layout is a javascript process, and the more the images, the more processing. It could be slow on mobile devices.

Works here, see screenshot. Maybe someone else can also try? I am not saying there is no bug, but I am just stating this is not related specifically to screen size, or this version, but instead something random browser/layout. Try resizing your browser after the page loads, and see if the layout fixes itself.
after reducing the browser and return it back - photos are placed properly
Last edited by Overmaster on 11 Nov 2015, 05:28, edited 1 time in total.

Eightkiller
Experienced

11 Nov 2015, 05:09

Seriously, not blaming but the admin panel just has many problems :s, 3 times i did my default config, saved it, then admin got disconnected and in fact nothing had been saved :(, and many times i get disconnected like after 10 sec on the admin without any reason. I'll wait for the update patch from earlier beta version i guess, wasted too much time for nothing :'(

Good luck !

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

11 Nov 2015, 05:10

masquefotos wrote:What is the file to be translated in the options panel?
What do you mean? You can create a language file in panel/filemanager_assets/lng/, but it does not translate ALL the help. That would take ages to translate ... Take a look at this config file, and you may understand how much there is ...
masquefotos wrote:Taking advantage of the post, as I can remove the bottom bar? Deputy capture
link: http://www.jcarloscruz.com/nueva
Hmm, really not sure. If you can give me panel access, I can take a look ...

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

11 Nov 2015, 05:20

Eightkill wrote:Seriously, not blaming but the admin panel just has many problems :s, 3 times i did my default config, saved it, then admin got disconnected and in fact nothing had been saved :(, and many times i get disconnected like after 10 sec on the admin without any reason. I'll wait for the update patch from earlier beta version i guess, wasted too much time for nothing :'(
What does that mean "disconnected"? I assume you are getting logged out for some reason? Apart from being logged out when you change login from the panel, there is nothing changed in the panel in regards to this. If I can take a look (panel login please...), I can see what issue is specifically occurring on your website.

Eightkiller
Experienced

11 Nov 2015, 05:29

It's like the timeout for being inactive is like under 10sec, if i dont click something for 7-8 sec, i'm logged out, is there anything to change to prevent beeing logged out like this ?

Thanks in advance.

Overmaster
Experienced

11 Nov 2015, 05:33

plz add social buttons:
https://mjau-mjau.com/about/

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

11 Nov 2015, 06:05

Eightkill wrote:It's like the timeout for being inactive is like under 10sec, if i dont click something for 7-8 sec, i'm logged out, is there anything to change to prevent beeing logged out like this ?
This isn't a setting or anything, and we did not add code to randomly log out users out after 7-8 seconds. Therefore, as mentioned, I need login to your panel to be able to diagnose this ...

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

11 Nov 2015, 06:08

Overmaster wrote:plz add social buttons:
This will have to be later. The social buttons in the content require custom CSS, and were in fact specifically made for mjau-mjau. We can't add content to the editor templates that requires custom css. I can offer "snippets" for this, but it will have to wait a bit ...

Eightkiller
Experienced

11 Nov 2015, 07:20

I'm trying as always to put X3 on my localhost as always, I always managed to make it work. Unfortunately... This time an old damn problem still shows up i don't manage to get rid of the "php notices"... I disabled everything about errors in every php.ini files but it's still showing those damn notices about twig that u dont seem to use anymore having migrated to JSON.

Here is the image:

http://runechronos.free.fr/x3_bugs/X3_wamp_error

If you have any ideas :(

Thanks in advance. (I'll create another topic next time to not pollute this thread)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

11 Nov 2015, 10:33

Eightkill wrote:http://runechronos.free.fr/x3_bugs/X3_wamp_error

If you have any ideas :(
That page is some special PHP debugging console I haven't see, but all it says, is that HTTP_X_FORWARDED_PROTO is not defined, which is fine. That var was added yesterday, and is used to check SSL from Cloudflare servers ... It will always be undefined elsewise.

As for the login issue ... to be completely honest, it sounds like it's something with your sessions folder. Sessions is required in PHP for persistent logins. It would be an obvious suspect, because its what basically makes the login persistent. If its not working, or wrong paths to the session folder, or session folder is unwritable, it will behave exactly as you explained. Basically you will login, but for any consecutive process after login, it has already forgotten that you are logged in, so any process to save anything will log you out.
http://www.w3schools.com/php/php_sessions.asp

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

11 Nov 2015, 13:21

Eightkill wrote:...
Are you using the database-version of the panel?