Re: X3 Status Update [Aug 15]

06 Oct 2015, 09:54

Fantastic work Karl!

Bulletproof IT
Experienced

10 Oct 2015, 10:40

Hey Karl,
Can we get some indicative pricing, so I know what to be telling clients?
Would be great if you offered an AFFILIATE system to allow us to get some sort of bonus for getting the clients on etc.
Plus see which clients are hosted vs self-hosted in our account interface, etc.
It would be a great wa easy to offload a large amountamount if enquiries through the affiliate.

Just thought it might be an effective way of getting more people using ImageVue plus greater exposure too.

To confirm, this is not in ImageVue but your system, so get monthly (hosted) and biennial/triennial (self-hosted) etc.
Thanks mate!
» I Imagevue X3 «

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

11 Oct 2015, 00:00

Bulletproof IT wrote:Can we get some indicative pricing, so I know what to be telling clients?
Howdy! At this point, not much thought has been put into new pricing, except that it would generally follow the structure we had for X2. It may change slightly at some point, and perhaps there will be different versions, but this lies ahead in time and should not negatively affect you good-folks.
Bulletproof IT wrote:Would be great if you offered an AFFILIATE system to allow us to get some sort of bonus for getting the clients on etc.
Indeed, as it is only fair that the seller/agent gets satisfactory amount. In X2, we had the "consecutive commercial license" program, although that was a bit vague. Will take it into consideration.
Bulletproof IT wrote:Plus see which clients are hosted vs self-hosted in our account interface, etc.
It would be a great way easy to offload a large amount if enquiries through the affiliate.

Just thought it might be an effective way of getting more people using ImageVue plus greater exposure too.

To confirm, this is not in ImageVue but your system, so get monthly (hosted) and biennial/triennial (self-hosted) etc.
Thanks mate!
Will definitely consider this in time once X3 is launched and stable. It obviously requires implementing a proper system.

$winter

21 Oct 2015, 12:27

Any status update, can't wait ;) :shock: :)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

23 Oct 2015, 02:01

$winter wrote:Any status update, can't wait ;) :shock: :)
Almost there :) New ideas/requirements keep popping up, and admittedly it makes sense to deal with them now. Also, most of the documentation you will ever need, is now located directly within the panel-context. We will release a beta next week, which should be tested separately before updating current X3 websites. Some screenshots from the final step, page settings:

Unique page settings are now available from a practical- and advanced form, here represented by the extensive page gallery-settings. * The cool (NEW) thing about page-settings, is that they are inherited from page-defaults. This means that you only need to edit settings that you want to be different from your defaults. You can predefine all gallery-layouts, so it is likely you will only need to make a few changes per page.

Advanced form behavior allows the form to display context of selected items only:

More advanced behavior, as some settings are only revealed when activated:

Advanced selectors, where you can add multiple items, and/or change the order:

Pre-populated selector options from your content. Just start typing to locate the folder ...

As mentioned earlier, extensive help is included directly in context with each setting:

Did I mention there is a new super-cool content editor, with side-by-side edit/preview mode?

Thanks again for all your combined patience.

Martin
Experienced

23 Oct 2015, 04:06

mjau-mjau wrote:Did I mention there is a new super-cool content editor, with side-by-side edit/preview mode?
No, YOU DIDN'T :-)
This is a great new addtion!!

Defaults and inheritance are GREAT too... !!

localhost
Experienced

23 Oct 2015, 06:06

OMG! Can't wait any longer....

Bulletproof IT
Experienced

25 Oct 2015, 00:37

LIKE! LIKE! LIKE! LIKE! LIKE! LIKE! LIKE! LIKE! LIKE! LIKE! LIKE! LIKE! :mrgreen:
» I Imagevue X3 «

swamphox
Experienced

30 Oct 2015, 16:23

Karl...I am dying over here....

Where are you anyway? What part of the world? And, do you have some help? 'cause I will help with something if gets V3 RC released quicker :P

GGANG
Experienced

01 Nov 2015, 15:35

Do we have the audio player testing for the next beta update? :D

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

03 Nov 2015, 05:38

Early Release!
Good people of this thread, I have released an early preview of latest X3 release. Please grab it from the same link as used earlier for the latest beta ... It would be counter-productive to write a long post now, but if all goes well, I will start rolling out this release officially ...

Please let me know if you find any bugs, or if there is anything you don't understand. I will keep this thread open for any discussion about the new version, although this release is currently unofficial until tested properly.

Important Notes
  • Current beta users, DON'T install this over your current production site YET ... Use a NEW folder for testing.
  • Unlike before, you should NOT be editing any yml/php config files manually, not even for the panel. This process is now automated, also on updates, which will be a blessing for the future.
  • Previous X3 Docs are now obsolete, although the technical concepts are very similar as before. There is a lot of in-page documentation now directly from the panel, and hopefully things are more self-explanatory ...
  • Tons of new features, both in the website and the panel, which will be explained later ...
Good luck!

masquefotos
Experienced

03 Nov 2015, 06:21

wooo, the panel is very intuitive and easy to make changes.
We'll have to get used to this interface.
I get to try things
Thank you

dxodik
Experienced

03 Nov 2015, 07:46

mjau-mjau wrote:Early Release!
Please let me know if you find any bugs, or if there is anything you don't understand. I will keep this thread open for any discussion about the new version, although this release is currently unofficial until tested properly.
http://test.studiodr.ru/

clean install
bugs
- button icons are not visible
- at the bottom of the screen under the gallery - a scroll bar

Diagnostics
Missing Site Object
You have enabled the preload option, but you have not created the required site object. Go to Panel › tools › preload, and create site object.
doing it.. - parsererror: SyntaxError: Unexpected token <

corrected - change the permissions on the folder "parsers" from 755 to 777

- The first built gallery "justified" looks.. ctrl+f5 establishes the order
ctrl+f5 establishes the order

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

03 Nov 2015, 10:19

dxodik wrote:- button icons are not visible
Sorry, I had a wrong setting applied for loading the font-awesome library. This has already been fixed. Just download from the link again, X3 version 12.6. You can just overwrite all files, and your custom/config.user.json will be kept ...
dxodik wrote:- at the bottom of the screen under the gallery - a scroll bar
I can't see this. Got a screenshot? What browser?
dxodik wrote:Diagnostics
Missing Site Object
You have enabled the preload option, but you have not created the required site object. Go to Panel › tools › preload, and create site object.
doing it.. - parsererror: SyntaxError: Unexpected token <[/i]
corrected - change the permissions on the folder "parsers" from 755 to 777
I can't see this issue ... The warning would only display if you had preload enabled, but you have it disabled. I am not sure how you fixed it by setting permissions on "parsers", because that folder is entirely unrelated. The warning should only display if you have preload enabled, and the siteobject.json cache file is NOT created. In your case, I can't see how this applies at least not now. Currently your diagnostics are fine:
http://test.studiodr.ru/galleries/?diagnostics
dxodik wrote:- The first built gallery "justified" looks.. ctrl+f5 establishes the order
ctrl+f5 establishes the order
Can't confirm this. If it works on browser refresh, then it seems your browser must have done some partial browser-caching of some sorts. Apart from being much faster than before, and without the orphan-bug, the justified layout did not change from previous releases.

Thanks for reporting!

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack

03 Nov 2015, 10:48

mjau-mjau wrote:
dxodik wrote:- at the bottom of the screen under the gallery - a scroll bar
I can't see this. Got a screenshot? What browser?
Confirm.

Chrome/Opera/FF/IE10 (Windows7 )
scroll.jpg
scroll.jpg (78.56 KiB) Viewed 15426 times