Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

tschortsch
Experienced

Re: X3 Beta V0.11 [Password protected pages]

15 Jun 2015, 15:02

Hi!
I have set a global password on a fresh v0.11 installation but the user/pw is not accepted when entering the url, the password prompt appears again and again... Does anybody know how to solve this issue?

Big thanks!

George

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

15 Jun 2015, 17:08

Are you sure you haven't set any other passwords for the same page that might be overruling it?

I can check, but I will need link and login to your admin panel.

tschortsch
Experienced

16 Jun 2015, 16:11

Hi Karl,
yes I'm quite sure that there is no any other password interfering with X3 password pages. There are some error messages showing up in the check area concerning some server modules but my provider has promised me that all modules are activated. I linked a subdomain to the x3 folder, that's all about my installation so far!

I send you a pm with the link and login!

Thanks in advance!

George

Lex

20 Jun 2015, 15:16

tschortsch wrote: I have set a global password on a fresh v0.11 installation but the user/pw is not accepted when entering the url, the password prompt appears again and again... Does anybody know how to solve this issue?
Hi guys!

Have you solved the problem?

Alex.
Last edited by Lex on 29 Jun 2015, 11:24, edited 1 time in total.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

20 Jun 2015, 18:59

Lex wrote:Have you solved the problem?
The problem was that on some servers running PHP as CGI, the AUTH_USER and AUTH_PASS vars are always empty. On this specific server, there was some other issues also preventing any fixes to be implemented.

It could be your server is running CGI also, and it should be fixable with some implementation as in the posts below:
http://www.besthostratings.com/articles ... p-cgi.html
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3663 ... er-not-set

If you can offer me FTP, I could take a look and try to fix it on your server.

Eightkiller
Experienced

23 Jun 2015, 08:32

Hy,

I would like to know if you have any idea of the release date for the next update ? Including i guess the "sharing/social media" part ?

Thanks in advance.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

23 Jun 2015, 09:32

Eightkill wrote:I would like to know if you have any idea of the release date for the next update ? Including i guess the "sharing/social media" part ?
End of July. Hopefully this is release candidate.

EIREHotspur

23 Jun 2015, 12:20

I know your tired of this....but ETA of v3??

I want to upgrade from ImageVue 2 which has always been great but I am developing for Mobile Apps now too and need V3 as soon as possible.

Curiousity have you ever tried to make this a Wordpress Plugin too??

Wordpress Galleries are just a mess.....I am even goin to use this as an Addon to my Wordpress Websites.....only pain is having them login twice to 2 different systems.

New features for protecting folders is great!!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

24 Jun 2015, 07:25

EIREHotspur wrote:I know your tired of this....but ETA of v3??
We are trying to make next version RC (Release Candidate), simply by filling in the most critical issues and feature requests. At this point, X3 is already stable, and all future releases will still be "progressive" improvements. The main reason it has been beta for so long, is because we are no satisfied with panel-settings and the documentation is weak. However, we have come to a point where we need to effectively launch, and features will just need to get added progressively even after release.

We will launch next version late July.
EIREHotspur wrote:I want to upgrade from ImageVue 2 which has always been great but I am developing for Mobile Apps now too and need V3 as soon as possible.
If you are eager, I can't see any reason not to progress with the current beta version. Or next release at least.
EIREHotspur wrote:Curiousity have you ever tried to make this a Wordpress Plugin too??
Although we would be absolutely delighted to launch a Wordpress plugin, I am not sure everyone sees the implications of this task. First of all, a Wordpress plugin means we can't really force our X3 javascript or CSS upon the Wordpress theme which is being used (because it has its own). We certainly cant include a menu or anything. Basically it would just be a "skeleton" of a gallery output injected into your Wordpress page. Furthermore, X3 is "folder" based ... One could perhaps output the entire X3 plugin from a single wordpress page, and have the x3-folder-structure do its' work from there. Finally, it would require us to recreate the admin specifically for Wordpress. I guess what Im trying to say, is that its basically an entirely separate application, and essentially has little to do with X3 as it works today ... If we only create a page-plugin, we can't really control the design/layout of the gallery apart from minor styles and layout adjustments to the gallery.

Maybe one day ...

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

25 Jun 2015, 07:16

Password Protect Fix
For those having problems with passwords not working and the login prompt just re-appearing all the time, please try this fix. I have already tried it with success on two servers where passwords were not working.

Download the following file, and replace on your server:
/app/auth.inc.php

The code fix is conditional (backwards-compatible), and detects if your server is storing login credentials in alternative vars. For those interested, below is the actual fix in the code, which is based on studies from these links: link1 link2.
Code
// Fix in case _USER and _PW always return empty
if(!isset($_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_USER']) && !isset($_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_PW'])){
	if(!empty($_SERVER['HTTP_AUTHORIZATION'])) {
		$d = $_SERVER['HTTP_AUTHORIZATION'];
	} else if(!empty($_SERVER['REDIRECT_HTTP_AUTHORIZATION'])) {
		$d = $_SERVER['REDIRECT_HTTP_AUTHORIZATION'];
	} else if(!empty($_SERVER['REDIRECT_REMOTE_USER'])) {
		$d = $_SERVER['REDIRECT_REMOTE_USER'];
	}
	if(!empty($d)) list($_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_USER'], $_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_PW']) = explode(':', base64_decode(substr($d, 6)));
}

Lex

29 Jun 2015, 11:20

mjau-mjau wrote:Password Protect Fix
Download the following file, and replace on your server:
/app/auth.inc.php
Hi!

It worked perfectly for me! Thanks :wink:

kuroi

13 Jul 2015, 10:46

how to get a version of x3?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

13 Jul 2015, 17:20

kuroi wrote:how to get a version of x3?
Send me a request per private message, and I will offer you a link to download the beta version.

Within short time now, we hope to release first public version.

Bulletproof IT
Experienced

01 Aug 2015, 00:21

You did it Karl! <insert credit to rest of team> :)
Well done! Thanks for listening and implementing one of my (many) feature requests! :)

I know you said it would be difficult with child entities and so on, and how those child entities would have to look at the parent settings and traverse here and there, etc.

Really impressed mate. 10/10 to you and your team!. :)
» I Imagevue X3 «

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

01 Aug 2015, 01:25

Bulletproof IT wrote:Really impressed mate. 10/10 to you and your team!. :)
Thanks. More to come!