This is just a brain dump. I haven't had a chance to try 0.9, 0.91 or RC 0.10.
I do touch on existing functionality, but to add further components and the ability to configure them further. Well... at least I hope I can remember everything whizzing around my head!
Commenting is clearly popular with others. I hope we won't have to use a 3rd party hack for it this time!
One flaw I see in systems is after submitting form preventing a "double" submit.
Then guest comments. Default all Guest Comments to be moderated despite global member comment moderation setting. (e..g Captcha for Guests and Max X posts per day -or- No Captcha but all posts moderated -or- Captcha and all posts moderated -or- No Captcha and Max X Posts per day...)
- Configure thumbnails - Shape, Size, Watermark, Quality, etc.
Have the ability to apply settings to a Gallery and their Sub-Galleries (or Album and Child\Sub-Albums), or just child elements in current album and not child-albums (sub-albums - I have no idea what I want to call them!
). Obviously this flushes all cached thumbs and signals to the system, the next time they are requested to process thumbnails with new configuration - e.g. within that gallery only - apply new shape, smaller size, new watermark, etc upon request BUT not removing all other cached thumbnails that are still relevant in other galleries...
- Ability to search current gallery.
- Ability to search current gallery and sub-galleries.
- Ability to search all galleries.
- Ability to search all galleries and all other content.
- Sort ascending \ descending.
- Change results/page from 10 to 50.
- Perhaps ignore words which are in list of reserved words (to, from, it, was, where, in, a, is, are, us, we, they, ....)
- Captcha for more than X searches per X mins as guest. (e.g. 5 searches in 30 seconds)
- Location field drop-down. Arranged by Country or grouped into what is already set-up.
- Support Location - Sub-Location. e.g. Canada, Ontario, instead of just Ontario. Or Canada, Ontario, Toronto.
- Support event - e.g. Birthday, Anniversary, Wedding, etc. This allows you to filter results, OR filter galleries (not even using the search).
- Keyword filters - e.g. a Tag cloud of the top 20 tags. Or click to have it expand to top 50.
- Location filters - similar to Tag cloud, but perhaps have drop-down.
- Search feature - Search for both AND or OR phrases via drop-down. Default to OR.
- Save my Search - Ability to save people's searches, should they wish to run the same search again. Obviously not cached results from last time, but when executed again, display new results.
- Share searches, Popular searches, and perhaps the ability to turn a search into an Album or Slideshow!
- Upload photos by ZIP \ TAR.GZ archive.
- Copy content in one gallery across to other galleries. Either physically duplicate them, or create a link and inherit existing content settings for that photo\video. e.g. one photo from one to another. (Link them, and option to also link comments, likes, etc, or strip and give new description, title, keywords, etc etc.
Import \ Export of photographs and media options:
- Strip META data (All).
- Strip selective meta (time\date\location\... basic info) data.
- Rename file names to new series or to pattern. Either using current numeric file names or generating new sequence.
- Import video from 3rd party (Grab Title, Description and META information). e.g. YouTube, Daily Motion, and other popular video sites.
- Export video - Snippet code for people to share and embed video.
- Export photo - Snippet code for people to share and embed photo.
- Export gallery -Snippet code for people to share and embed gallery content.
- Create galleries with Videos and mixed content (Video's uploaded to installation, or imported and linked from online resources).
- Ability to either Import and "rip" content so is cached to local server for streaming (similar to download and upload).
- Share as a link (not direct share to 3rd party service) to then copy and paste link to friends e.g. emails, messenger, publications, etc.
- Share a link and create a shortened URL? e.g. something not quite as long as http://my.photo.gallery.com/albums/1.Ho ... 567890.png
- Sharing galleries that are HIDDEN and not visible to the public. Direct link access only.
- Sharing galleries that are HIDDEN and not visible to public, by inviting certain registered members and not accessible to guests via direct link.
- Galleries previously shared and then made HIDDEN are still accessible.
- Galleries previously shared and then made DISABLED are no longer accessible.
- Ability to disable all SNS (social network services) per-gallery setting. e.g. To hide all SNS and 2nd option to hide Share code, Share links and Shorten URLs...
- Perhaps motivate people to share, by given them "Pip's" against their name for the number of times they've commented and shared content? Encourage people to distribute your content! Or in multi-user environment, encourage people to share other peoples content or their own content.
- Ability to content author (not admin) of content and request x y z. E.g. Photo shoot, landscape shots, or further examples of their work. Or even access to a hidden gallery or password protected gallery.
Friends, Relatives, Colleagues
- Create groups and assign an array of permissions, from Read\Write\Modify\Delete of Photos and Galleries to Comments and so on.
- As above, Enable collaborative functionality to allow multiple people to have restricted \ unrestricted access to galleries and content. E.g. Block download from within manager, but allow moving of content, copying (linking) of content, etc, etc, etc. But prevent download.
- Not much else to say as it is quite obvious, but perhaps the ability to select from the 20 - 50 permissions and create a group. Then assign people to that group.
- Enable\Disable accounts. Elevate accounts from visitor\guest to moderation, elevate to contributors and other custom groups or base group templates, already created.
I hope you find this useful!
Thanks mate. Keep up the hard work with the RC's! The finish line is in sight!