Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

Re: POLL: What features for v0.10 RC (Release Candidate)?

13 May 2015, 15:35

New release date MONDAY May 18
Sorry Ladies & Gents, as we feel foolish for posting release-dates for this next beta that we cannot keep. Some of the new features in the panel are highly intricate, and require more attention than we anticipated. A few days extra does not hurt most of you, but at least I will keep you notified in this thread.

Another reason for delay, is that we figured out we are gonna add TITLE+DESCRIPTION settings for images/files.

GGANG
Experienced

14 May 2015, 09:44

mjau-mjau wrote:Another reason for delay, is that we figured out we are gonna add TITLE+DESCRIPTION settings for images/files.
That is a feature I need it.
Thanks Karl for your hard working. :D :D

andreamarucci
Experienced

18 May 2015, 12:24

mjau-mjau wrote:New release date MONDAY May 18
Waiting :wink:

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

18 May 2015, 15:17

Pheeeeeeeew!

So v0.10 (panel-only) has been released, although an extensive announcement post will have to wait until tomorrow as it's 2AM here. For those of you who can't wait, v0.10 is available for download with the usual "latest" link. You can just update the /panel/ folder, but you will also need to merge your login (from panel/config.php) into the new panel/config.php file ...

Please, no posts/questions about v0.10 until after I have posted the official announcement tomorrow. I will delete them, because it's unproductive.

EHRETic
Experienced

27 May 2015, 13:01

mjau-mjau wrote:Sorry Ladies & Gents, as we feel foolish for posting release-dates for this next beta that we cannot keep..
BTW, how many are "we" ? I'm just curious to know how many members is your team... :wink:

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

28 May 2015, 00:47

EHRETic wrote:BTW, how many are "we" ? I'm just curious to know how many members is your team... :wink:
It's mainly me, but I work with a few others on some aspects of X3 (primarily the admin-panel), who won't likely be participating in the forums. I prefer to use "we" because X3 is ultimately a conglomeration of contributors, including the team of beta testers in the forum.

Also, since I am schizophrenic, it is better to say "we" 8)

tschortsch
Experienced

28 May 2015, 04:11

:D X3 rocks!!!

swamphox
Experienced

20 Aug 2015, 08:53

I searched the forum for eCommerce for X3 and found nothing. I don't expect there to be a builtin shopping cart solution but I would like to see the variety of icons and links available to hyperlink to an eCommerce solution as there is in X2. Will there be the same type of choices in X3?

Also, with the RC coming and me wanting to play around with setting up a site would this be a waste of time because I would need to reconfigure everything when the RC is available?

Thanks

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

21 Aug 2015, 03:05

swamphox wrote:I searched the forum for eCommerce for X3 and found nothing. I don't expect there to be a builtin shopping cart solution but I would like to see the variety of icons and links available to hyperlink to an eCommerce solution as there is in X2. Will there be the same type of choices in X3?
We would be able to integrate Fotomoto (or similar e-commerce modules that simply piggy-back the system), like we had in X2. In next release of X3, we have included the full font awesome icon set, as well a new toolbar (side of screen) and extensive footer. Not quite sure what you had in mind specifically ...
swamphox wrote:Also, with the RC coming and me wanting to play around with setting up a site would this be a waste of time because I would need to reconfigure everything when the RC is available?
Yes I would recommend against this. I really wish we did not have to make these extensive changes to settings in the next version, but the benefits are too much to disregard, and it has to be done before we can make it public.

You can upload images and create pages, but don't spend too much time configuring gallery layouts, or with global settings.