Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

GGANG
Experienced

Re: POLL: What features for v0.10 RC (Release Candidate)?

07 Apr 2015, 23:42

Hi Karl,
Is it possible to add a kenburn on the slideshow section?
maybe just a simple kenburn without any customizing. :D

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

08 Apr 2015, 02:03

localhost wrote:Regardless of how it works, I would like to see a customise contact form to be add in the RC. It should be more than the existing Name, EMail and Message...
It sure should ... I think we will be able to add this for RC.
GGANG wrote:Hi Karl,
Is it possible to add a kenburn on the slideshow section?
maybe just a simple kenburn without any customizing. :D
Possibly in the future, but unfortunately not something we will be able to add to RC. It is a very complicated effect to add to Ken Burns to a responsive slideshow that works nicely on all screen sizes, and I don't think I have seen it before.

GGANG
Experienced

08 Apr 2015, 03:40

Thanks Karl for kenburns. I'm sure you have in your plan for that.
It's very very nice if kenburns play on X3. It doesn't matter when you will be add.
Lets take a look my client wordpress website. It's a simple kenburns without customizing.
This website will replace by X3 as soon as.
http://www.kittipongphotography.com/

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

08 Apr 2015, 07:00

Looking good. We will have a Ken-burns module ready at some point, but I am not sure it will be the existing slideshow module.

masquefotos
Experienced

08 Apr 2015, 10:42

that wonderful photo, congratulations

GGANG
Experienced

08 Apr 2015, 20:11

@masquefotos
Thank you and you have a wonderful gallery too.
I love a baby newborn. :D http://www.jcarloscruz.com/galerias/Bebes/

tschortsch
Experienced

09 Apr 2015, 04:04

Hi Karl,
I really love the look of flamepix.com, I'm totally impressed by X3 and can't wait to see it as RC!

Will the upcoming release candidate already include the improved admin panel you mentioned some time ago? A subtle hint for the release date? :D

Thanks for this great gallery!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

09 Apr 2015, 13:44

tschortsch wrote:Will the upcoming release candidate already include the improved admin panel you mentioned some time ago? A subtle hint for the release date? :D
It will not include THE panel (2.0) which we intend to make at some point, but it will include several critical improvements making it more usable and intuitive. In fact, we are working on a substantial panel-update right now, in an attempt to get the panel ready for RC (release candidate). Next intermediate X3 release will therefore be strictly panel-related, before we make a push towards a RC for X3.

Feel free to let us know if you have any critical requests for the panel. In fact, I was originally hoping to get more feedback for the panel in this post, but of course we already have a long list of our own. Unfortunately, we will not currently be able to address the complexity of applying settings to pages, because this is interweaved with the X3 core, which is still very much in the making.

TEASER
Below you can see the new panel folder menu, which is much more effective than the current menu. It loads a single file from server, and sub-branches open up instantaneously. It is cleaner and faster to navigate, and has buttons for "expand" and "collapse". The best however, is the new "context menu", which allows you to rename, delete, move, copy, upload and create new folders directly from the menu without having to load pages first ... This is a super-cool feature which lets you administrate your pages and structure faster and more intuitively.

Below, the collapsed menu, hovering over an item and showing the "context menu" actions:

Below, the menu has been fully expanded, the blue background shows current active page, while a hover shows the context menu on another item.

RBachmann
Experienced

09 Apr 2015, 16:20

The new panel looks nice! If you expect some more input about what is wished for a new panel version, two things come to my mind:
1. A possibility to display anomalies of the galleries/folders configuration. I have around 30 galleries created in X3 and sometimes I lose track of individually configured settings I wanted to try out some time ago. This feature would show me, that I have e. g. 27 galleries designed the same way and 3 galleries differently.

2. A little helper to assist linking to other pages: If not auto-completion, maybe a button that let's us search through the directory and create the correct path. For example, I use this relative-url to link from my blog to the panoramas:
Code
[Panoramas](../../../static/collections/panoramas/)
. X3 could assist me here by telling me exactly, how many times I have to write "../" ;-)
A browser would - furthermore - help to find the correct path to an image used as a preview thumbnail. As far as I know, I have to put the following code to get the correct picture. Without the numbers (3., 3., 22.) it wouldn't work:
Code
image		: 3.events/3.2013/22.london-2013/IMG_9061.jpg
Last thing to mention here is that it would be awesome if X3 would notice whenever I rename a gallery and adjust the links in all pages automatically.

Btw, when can we expect the next update? Maybe already in April?

localhost
Experienced

10 Apr 2015, 20:09

GGANG wrote: Lets take a look my client wordpress website.
WOW! Amazing... great images

Now I want this feature too Karl, regardless when hahahha you have more important features to release but this one is definitely will be on my request list.

GGANG
Experienced

11 Apr 2015, 22:24

localhost wrote:
GGANG wrote: Lets take a look my client wordpress website.
WOW! Amazing... great images

Now I want this feature too Karl, regardless when hahahha you have more important features to release but this one is definitely will be on my request list.
@localhost Thanks for love it.
Did you have listened to the music until the end? It's several version of the Canon in D. http://www.kittipongphotography.com/
and this is the another site of simple ken-burns enable. I am sure that ken-burns made by Karl on the X3 will be greater than other templates.
I can't wait to see on X3. :D :D
http://www.pingpongphotography.com

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

12 Apr 2015, 03:37

RBachmann wrote:1. A possibility to display anomalies of the galleries/folders configuration. I have around 30 galleries created in X3 and sometimes I lose track of individually configured settings I wanted to try out some time ago. This feature would show me, that I have e. g. 27 galleries designed the same way and 3 galleries differently.
I totally understand where you are coming from in regards to this request, and in the long-term, we plan to make gallery/page settings much more intuitive. For instance with settings-templates, and auto-complete settings/tags. For the time being though, I have to admit the specific request is not feasible.
RBachmann wrote:2. A little helper to assist linking to other pages: If not auto-completion, maybe a button that let's us search through the directory and create the correct path. For example, I use this relative-url to link from my blog to the panoramas:
Code
[Panoramas](../../../static/collections/panoramas/)
. X3 could assist me here by telling me exactly, how many times I have to write "../" ;-)
A browser would - furthermore - help to find the correct path to an image used as a preview thumbnail. As far as I know, I have to put the following code to get the correct picture. Without the numbers (3., 3., 22.) it wouldn't work:
Code
image		: 3.events/3.2013/22.london-2013/IMG_9061.jpg
Yes, you can expect some helpers eventually for easier adding links and images into the content.
RBachmann wrote:Last thing to mention here is that it would be awesome if X3 would notice whenever I rename a gallery and adjust the links in all pages automatically.
Hmm maybe, but is very complicated. The "content" part of X3 is in fact entirely "freestyle", which also makes it something that by default is not "managed" by X3 either.
RBachmann wrote:Btw, when can we expect the next update? Maybe already in April?
There will be a nice update to the PANEL (only) in April, and hopefully RC (release candidate) in May.

GGANG
Experienced

23 Apr 2015, 01:00

Hello Karl,
How do you think about?
1. sitemap.xml and sitemap-images.xml for add to google webmaster tool.
2. The meta keywords on each pages.

Today, it's fine weather in Thailand. :D
Have a great day!
Lek
Last edited by GGANG on 23 Apr 2015, 02:28, edited 1 time in total.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

23 Apr 2015, 02:00

GGANG wrote:1. sitemap.xml and sitemap-images.xml for add to google webmaster tool.
There is already sitemap. The below links are the same:
https://demo.photo.gallery/sitemap.xml
https://demo.photo.gallery/sitemap/

Im not a huge fan of sitemap, because Google will index websites flawlessly without a sitemap. Sitemaps are mostly beneficial if you want to make Google aware of pages that are hidden and not available in any links.
GGANG wrote:2. The meta keywords on each pages.
Maybe, but what are you going to use it for? Google does not use meta keywords, and it has no practical use.

GGANG
Experienced

24 Apr 2015, 06:23

mjau-mjau wrote:There is already sitemap. The below links are the same:
https://demo.photo.gallery/sitemap.xml
https://demo.photo.gallery/sitemap/
I have never known it before, already you have a very useful sitemap like this.
mjau-mjau wrote:what are you going to use it for? Google does not use meta keywords, and it has no practical use.
Maybe I have a wrong knowledge, I've used the premium SEO plugin for Wordpress. They have the meta keyword on each page. but if it is not necessary. I have to follow you.

Now I am waiting for the Panel 2.0
How nice it is?
Thank you