Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

tschortsch
Experienced

Re: X3 Beta V0.9

22 Feb 2015, 14:36

mjau-mjau wrote:There definitely is a .htaccess file inside the check folder, but often it is "hidden" when viewing FTP because it is regarded as a "system file". If it wasn't there, your check page would report a lot of errors. What is the link?

As long as rewrite and compression is working, you have nothing to worry about in regards to the specific apache tests. The tests themselves might not work and will create "notices" in the output, but we are just adding a lot of checks so it is easier for us to diagnose.
Hi Karl!

Of course, you are right! There is a htaccess file inside the check folder, my mistake, sorry! I do get following error messages at the top of the check page:
Code
Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_MOD_REWRITE in /www/htdocs/.../x3/check/index.php on line 902
Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_MOD_DEFLATE in /www/htdocs/.../x3/check/index.php on line 910
Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_MOD_DEFLATE in /www/htdocs/.../x3/check/index.php on line 911
Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_MOD_MIME in /www/htdocs/.../x3/check/index.php on line 918
Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_MOD_MIME in /www/htdocs/.../x3/check/index.php on line 919
Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_MOD_SETENVIF in /www/htdocs/.../x3/check/index.php on line 926
Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_MOD_SETENVIF in /www/htdocs/.../x3/check/index.php on line 927
Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_MOD_HEADERS in /www/htdocs/.../x3/check/index.php on line 934
Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_MOD_HEADERS in /www/htdocs/.../x3/check/index.php on line 935
I'll send you the link via pm, maybe this is interesting for you!

Two more questions:
  • How to activate the comments feature? (I have a valid Disqus-Account)
  • Will X3 support password protection for specific pages in a later stage of development?
Kind regards,
George

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

22 Feb 2015, 22:00

fsfs wrote:When can we expect the password feature? It's kind of important if a group of people wants to see there pictures more privately.
I have it in my v0.10 list, and will see if can integrate it for then.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

22 Feb 2015, 22:19

tschortsch wrote:I do get following error messages at the top of the check page:
Its not errors, just notices ... nothing to worry about!
tschortsch wrote:How to activate the comments feature? (I have a valid Disqus-Account)
Did you add your disqus shortname to main settings yet?
Code
disqus_shortname: mjau-mjau
After you have done that, simply add "disqus" tag to the layout setting of the page where you want to include comments. For instance:
Code
layout: disqus
tschortsch wrote:Will X3 support password protection for specific pages in a later stage of development?
Yes, and we hope to add this pretty soon.

tschortsch
Experienced

23 Feb 2015, 00:58

Good morning!

Thank you very much Karl for your information!

Added disqus-shortname but forgot to add it to the layout! :(

Kind regards,
George

ringo71
Experienced

23 Feb 2015, 02:40

Hi Carl!
Explain to me please how to use the "preload". This includes when completed configuration or configuration and downloading images?
Is it possible to upload images when the?
How to disable the "preload" and reset the cache, if you want to make changes to the site?
Connected "preload" with "Mod Deflate"?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

23 Feb 2015, 05:05

ringo71 wrote:Explain to me please how to use the "preload". This includes when completed configuration or configuration and downloading images?
Is it possible to upload images when the?
How to disable the "preload" and reset the cache, if you want to make changes to the site?
Connected "preload" with "Mod Deflate"?
I think you are overcomplicating preload ... When preload is set to true, X3 will create a data-file from your entire website, store it on the server, and serve it to visitors on entry page so the website becomes ultra-fast. The data-file is very heavy to create, and that is why it caches it on server ... However, if you keep on editing the website (images, pages etc) while preload=true, the server will have to recreate the data-file every time it notices something changed. This is very inefficient, and could make your server very slow, and should be avoided. Therefore, we strongly recommend to set preload: true only AFTER you are finished with an edit session ... Once you are going to edit again, you should set preload: false until you have finished editing.

This is just a recommendation, as we haven't yet figured out a better way to integrate this. If you don't have too many pages or images, I think you can safely keep preload: true all the time.

The preload setting foes not affect your ability to upload images or create new pages. Furthermore, the preloader is not explicitly related to the cache either ... The data-object will empty itself from cache automatically when something changed in the website, and X3 will need to re-create it. The data-object se "compressed" with "Mod deflate", but it would work without mod deflate also ... Mod deflate is just a progressive enhancement in general.

ringo71
Experienced

23 Feb 2015, 05:56

Many thanks for the detailed answer! :)

ringo71
Experienced

23 Feb 2015, 17:08

Hi Karl!
Will somehow solved the issue with the publication of links to the gallery on FB? Now when you insert a reference to the empty block with the address of the site. No picture, no description.

Arturas Baroniunas

24 Feb 2015, 05:31

Hello,

i have problem with upload image. I can upload only till ~130kb file sizes. If upload bigger file, i have error with message "Internal Server Error".
I can upload big files per FTP, but then site show 404 error. Where is the problem? Here is small files which success upload http://nuotrauka.lt/x3/galleries/testas/
Thank You!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

24 Feb 2015, 08:51

ringo71 wrote:Hi Karl!
Will somehow solved the issue with the publication of links to the gallery on FB? Now when you insert a reference to the empty block with the address of the site. No picture, no description.
I don't see this problem ... when I share a page, I see this:

What page are you referring to? Please share so we can test. Also, you can try the facebook debugger:
https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

24 Feb 2015, 08:55

Arturas Baroniunas wrote:i have problem with upload image. I can upload only till ~130kb file sizes. If upload bigger file, i have error with message "Internal Server Error".
I can upload big files per FTP, but then site show 404 error. Where is the problem? Here is small files which success upload http://nuotrauka.lt/x3/galleries/testas/
Thank You!
Internal server error when uploading an image? Nothing anyone else has reported, and its just a plain uploader. Do you have login to your panel so I can take a look? May I ask why you have permissions 777 for content folders? This is considered insecure, and sometimes servers return errors because you have that permission.

fsfs
Experienced

24 Feb 2015, 10:13

mjau-mjau wrote:I had to add some stuff to the main post:
mjau-mjau wrote:Important! (Skins change)
With the new skins, we have abandoned the dark grey navigation background in the topbar and sidebar, as we couldn't really see any reason to keep it from a design perspective. Instead, the navigation background is either "clear" (same as global background), or "filled" with a slightly darker/lighter shade than the main background. This MAY of course affect your logo if you were using a graphic logo, so you may have to adapt it or try the different skins.
Karl,

I was wondering, about the nav system. It has clear and fill.

The clear doesn't work on the startpage, something you plan to change or is it a design thing?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

24 Feb 2015, 10:47

fsfs wrote:I was wondering, about the nav system. It has clear and fill.

The clear doesn't work on the startpage, something you plan to change or is it a design thing?
It doesnt work on startpage, because you have set "menu-absolute", so that the menu is OVER the slideshow. That means the slideshow will show beneath it ... That is the whole point of the "menu-absolute" on the startpage ... If you want the slideshow BELOW the menu, then why use the menu-absolute in the first place?

Im having problems trying to imagine what the problem is ... Do you have a link or something? If you are using "menu-absolute", it means you want the menu+logo OVER the startpage images ... It also means that your logo+menu should have solid contrast compared to the images in the startpage slideshow. You could also try menu-absolute-90 or menu-absolute-80.

fsfs
Experienced

24 Feb 2015, 10:53

mjau-mjau wrote:Yes it does ... I am not sure how it should work for startpage, where you have set "menu-absolute", so that the menu is OVER the slideshow. That means the slideshow will show beneath it ... That is the whole point of the "menu-absolute" on the startpage ... If you want the slideshow BELOW the menu, then why use the menu-absolute in the first place?

Ahhh... I'm a bit lost at docs, trying to understand what all the <variables> does. I saw menu-absolute - but it was in BODY section.

You're right, the menu-absolute was menu-absolute-20 as default.

- Thanks

Martin
Experienced

24 Feb 2015, 14:01

fsfs wrote:Ahhh... I'm a bit lost at docs, trying to understand what all the <variables> does. I saw menu-absolute....
Just plugging my document :-)

https://forum.photo.gallery/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=8502