Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

morgenius
Experienced

Re: X3 Beta V0.9

17 Feb 2015, 05:50

Hello Karl!

Thank you for a great job. Everything is working fine, i.e. russian fonts and display images in Firefox :roll: :)

I have one small suggestion :)

I think you should make navigating through the system. For example, I have a section of articles http://www.morgunov.ru/client/articles/. It contains subsections. They also have sub-sections. To return to the "average" level, I have to go back through the top-level menu. This is inconvenient and creates unnecessary movement.

Thank you :)

Martin
Experienced

17 Feb 2015, 05:53

mjau-mjau wrote: Unless you do it yourself, you can achieve it by adding this to custom/css/:
Code
.footer img {
  border-radius: 1000px;
  border: 3px solid white;
  margin-bottom: 10px;
}
I already imagined you being active with Photoshop :-)
Thanx for this info!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

17 Feb 2015, 06:21

fsfs wrote:- When can we expect the password feature? It's kind of important if a group of people wants to see there pictures more privatley.
I will add it to my list and see if it is something we might be able to do for next release v0.10 ...

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

17 Feb 2015, 06:24

morgenius wrote:I think you should make navigating through the system. For example, I have a section of articles http://www.morgunov.ru/client/articles/. It contains subsections. They also have sub-sections. To return to the "average" level, I have to go back through the top-level menu. This is inconvenient and creates unnecessary movement.
I am not quite sure exactly what you are proposing ... We already have the article-nav:
Exactly what additional navigation were you thinking of?

NoirCavalier

17 Feb 2015, 12:32

Great work Karl. :D

No need for me, but I think morgenius would like to see a breadcrumb navigation like:

Gallery > USA > Citycapes > Washington > Seattle
Gallery > USA > Citycapes > Minnesota > Minneapolis

So you can simply jump back to Cityscapes and choose another state and city, without going back to Gallery choose USA choose Cityscapes and so on. :wink:

morgenius
Experienced

17 Feb 2015, 16:00

NoirCavalier wrote: Gallery > USA > Citycapes > Washington > Seattle
So you can simply jump back to Cityscapes and choose another state and city, without going back to Gallery choose USA choose Cityscapes and so on. :wink:

Tthat's right! I meant it! :)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

17 Feb 2015, 21:52

NoirCavalier wrote:No need for me, but I think morgenius would like to see a breadcrumb navigation like:

Gallery > USA > Citycapes > Washington > Seattle
Breadcrumbs yep! We have been thinking about this for a while already, although I am slightly worried about the placement. Breadcrumbs would need to be placed under the menu or on top of page somewhere, thus leads to more cramped navigation and possible confusion for visitors. We will definitely be looking to add it as an option! Thnx @morgenius @NoirCavalier

tschortsch
Experienced

20 Feb 2015, 06:24

Hi Karl!

I have installed X3 0.9 right now and came across some problems with the checkpage. In the X3 docs it says there is an htaccess file within the check folder but there isn't. No problem at all, just want to mention that.

The result of the X3 check is good but following apache modules are shown as inconclusive:
  • mod_deflate
  • mod_mime
  • mod_setenvif
  • mod_headers
I asked my hosting provider but they say that all those modules are activated by default!

Do I have to care about the check in this case?

Kind regards,
George

ringo71
Experienced

20 Feb 2015, 08:18

I have a similar problem with .htaccess from a folder "check"
In version downloaded today is not working mod_rewrite and not send mail
In the first version 0.9 to work :(

nz-photo
Experienced

20 Feb 2015, 08:30

Ringo71, about the email sending problem check this answer from Karl
It has worked for me as after I pasted my former settings into the new ones : my indents were messy.
I had to remove some tabs and verify alignements to find email function working fine again... :wink:
Empty your mind, be formless, be shapeless, like water...
www.nz-photo.com

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

20 Feb 2015, 09:43

tschortsch wrote:Do I have to care about the check in this case?
There definitely is a .htaccess file inside the check folder, but often it is "hidden" when viewing FTP because it is regarded as a "system file". If it wasn't there, your check page would report a lot of errors. What is the link?

As long as rewrite and compression is working, you have nothing to worry about in regards to the specific apache tests. The tests themselves might not work and will create "notices" in the output, but we are just adding a lot of checks so it is easier for us to diagnose.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

20 Feb 2015, 09:46

ringo71 wrote:I have a similar problem with .htaccess from a folder "check"
In version downloaded today is not working mod_rewrite and not send mail
In the first version 0.9 to work :(
There is nothing in the "check" page that affects your gallery ... It is just a check, and apart from a few additional checks, we did not change anything. I suggest you check what nz-photo suggests in regards to mail. As for mod_rewrite, perhaps your server requires the rewritebase rule? If so, you will need to re-apply it every time you upgrade, because we cannot add this to default htaccess file. All servers work differently.

It would help a lot if you could offer me a link to your website ...

ringo71
Experienced

21 Feb 2015, 17:16

The problem is solved by replacing FTP client.
Now another problem. Of the three galleries in one photo displayed, and the other two do not. Identical settings. I've realized that C3 does not understand filenames with "_" at the beginning. This is corrected. But all the same in the two galleries of the photo is not visible.
http://fotopro.pro/galleries/photo/report/
http://fotopro.pro/galleries/photo/exhibitions/
http://fotopro.pro/galleries/photo/objects/
Photos are everywhere

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

21 Feb 2015, 22:16

ringo71 wrote:The problem is solved by replacing FTP client.
Now another problem. Of the three galleries in one photo displayed, and the other two do not. Identical settings. I've realized that C3 does not understand filenames with "_" at the beginning. This is corrected. But all the same in the two galleries of the photo is not visible.
http://fotopro.pro/galleries/photo/report/
http://fotopro.pro/galleries/photo/exhibitions/
http://fotopro.pro/galleries/photo/objects/
Photos are everywhere
I can only find out why no images are displaying in that gallery if you can offer me login to your panel. It is likely a setting in your pages, or something with the uploaded images.

ringo71
Experienced

22 Feb 2015, 03:40

I apologize!)))
Night inattention. I did not notice an error in the path of folder.