Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

X3 Progress Status (0.9)

05 Jan 2015, 12:38

I just wanted to note down some information about forthcoming Beta v0.9 since it is taking slightly longer time than anticipated. There will be several cool implementations in v0.9, and we hope to make the release by the end of the week. Here are some highlights:

Performance
We have put a lot of resources into further improving performance and best practices following several authoritative guidelines. We hope to achieve a minimum score of 98/100 from Google-pagespeed, pingdom, gmetrix and YSlow, but I will need to confirm exact results later.

CDN Service
We have setup our CDN (Content Delivery Network) service for X3 JS/CSS files, available to all X3 websites/users. This service basically serves the core X3 CSS and Javascript files from high-performance servers distributed globally. In a nutshell, this will speed up the initial loading process, especially for visitors who are not located close to your host. We ended up using Amazon Cloudfront for this service for now. More advantages listed in a separate topic here:
https://forum.photo.gallery/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=8467

CDN Option
We have added an option to plug any 3rd-party CDN service into X3, for serving images across distributed networks. This is a very interesting option, which can drastically speed up delivery of your images, especially if you have a global or transatlantic audience. I wrote a bit more about this here:
https://forum.photo.gallery/viewtopic.p ... 244#p36244

* Just for reference: The above performance improvements have minimal impact on how fast your server is able to initially create and cache X3 pages+images. However, in the case your pages and images are already created, the above will have substantial effect.

Stylepicker
I can't really say much about this until its ready, except I think you are gonna love it. It will allow you to preview combinations of layout, skin and fonts in real-time from a beautiful Style picker. This will be a huge step towards making it easy to find a creative style-combination that suits you and your X3 website.

X3 Hosted (Flamepix Server)
Our forthcoming "hosted" X3 service from our dedicated virtual server is taking shape, and since we are in full control of the server, we are able to add a multitude of feature that will make it blazing fast. We are really looking forward to offer this service for any takers!

New Google Analytics
Also worth a note, is that we have implemented Googles new "Universal Analytics", and also set it up to track images views and more!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

Re: X3 Progress Status (0.9)

18 Jan 2015, 04:56

Dear followers of X3 updates,

As you may have understood, v0.9 is somewhat delayed but I think it is worth the wait. We are working on some major changes in next release, including several new features that cascade into other features. Therefore, it would not really make sense to anyone with an intermediate, premature release. Since we have the new X3 Styler ready for 0.9, it only feels right that we make a few new "skins" available also! With launch of 0.9, I believe we will be only one release short of official release.

zorensen

29 Jan 2015, 17:20

I love this gallery, buddy! ;)
Just playing around with the X3 a bit, but haven't really released it for the "public" yet.

Great work so far, I can't wait until the final release! :D

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

16 Feb 2015, 13:05

Just for cross-post reference, v0.9 was launched earlier today:
https://forum.photo.gallery/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=8514