Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

Re: X3 Beta V0.7

21 Dec 2014, 06:21

swamphox wrote:I don't know what happened to it. SHould be there.
Well, what does your FTP say? X3 can't delete this folder if it exists both in the src and target of the update ... I can't "guess" why you have issues after update unless I can access your check page OR your panel.
swamphox wrote:The only thing I did was change a name of a folder and save it. That is it. Folder is missing and the logo is combined with other text.
What folder is missing? the one you created?

The logo combined with text is an issue in your settings that I can diagnose if you provide the means to diagnose it. It has nothing to do with the application files. Nobody said updating between beta's would be super simple ... You can overwrite ALL application files, but you may need to keep track of your /content/ folder slightly. Normally, you would NOT update that folder at all, but you would still need to update the file within: content/_shared.yml, as that is settings, and settings get updated.
swamphox wrote:What happened to Flawless managed+hosted X3 by ImagevueX ?
It's up http://flamepix.com/x3/ ... I am awaiting a last fix so that we can create user-areas. Sorry, this service takes a few more steps than I may have insinuated, as it needs to be done properly.

swamphox
Experienced

21 Dec 2014, 19:05

The diagnostics folder is in the content folder. Tell me what it is and where it should be. I have not changed anything to get rid of it. What is the best method of undoing something when something goes wrong. Why can't I just over write a file?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

21 Dec 2014, 23:47

swamphox wrote:The diagnostics folder is in the content folder.
Seems you haven't updated to the "check" page, which was added a few versions ago. Instead you have the previous "diag" option: http://delmarvadesigns.com/diag/... not really a problem, but it seems you are not updating anything inside your content folder when upgrading. At some point, you will need to update some items like content/_shared.yml, content/custom/*folders, and the content/check/ page/.
swamphox wrote:Tell me what it is and where it should be.
In the release, you have a folder content/check/, it should be inside your content folder also: content/check/.
swamphox wrote:I have not changed anything to get rid of it.
Yes because you are not updating your content folder, which is OK ... But as mentioned, you will need to add some items eventually.
swamphox wrote:What is the best method of undoing something when something goes wrong. Why can't I just over write a file?
"Something" is a bit vague, but you can overwrite a file ... Sounds to me like you have something wrong in a page though, so it won't help overwriting all files EXCEPT the page. Looks to me like you just have this problem on your START PAGE? That page is content/1.index/ in your content folder, so basically you would need to overwrite that ... In fact, it is just an orphan/corrupted setting. What do you want to see there?