Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Bulletproof IT
Experienced
Topic Author

v0.4 BETA | BUG REPORTS

26 Nov 2014, 12:11

BUG: Slideshow (Thumbnail strip below > Red Square Indicator)
Browser: Firefox 24
When clicking next, next, next, everything works fine. But as soon as the 3rd photo in the filmstrip is reached, the RED SQUARE shifts and is offset from the thumbnail. You need to fix the offset, so that the Red Square remains over the edge of the selected thumbnail. In fact, you can see the first thumbnail - it shows the red square not wide enough.

ISSUE: The width of the red square is not large (wide) enough to match the dimensions (width) of the currently selected/previewed thumbnail square. No matter which navigation method you use to advance slides (photos), play, drag, next, thumbnail... the bug still occurs.
Note: Cannot reproduce issue within Chrome 38

:?: :idea: :!:

Unable to access v0.4 or 0.5 beta update (no idea which is current!), so only able to test public beta online demo.
2014.11.26 Online Demo - If that helps? :)
Cheers!
» I Imagevue X3 «

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: v0.4 BETA | BUG REPORTS

28 Nov 2014, 03:22

Bulletproof IT wrote:BUG: Slideshow (Thumbnail strip below > Red Square Indicator)
Only Firefox? I would appreciate if bugs could be reported in the "X3 Bugs" forum.
Bulletproof IT wrote:Unable to access v0.4 or 0.5 beta update (no idea which is current!), so only able to test public beta online demo.
2014.11.26 Online Demo - If that helps? :)
Cheers!
Sent you PM with secret link to "latest" download.

Max Bugno

28 Nov 2014, 04:10

Hi Karl,

do the 0.5 version solves the safe mode problem?
I cannot go very far by now ...

www.bugnoartgallery.it

Thanks.

Massimiliano

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

28 Nov 2014, 10:13

Max Bugno wrote:do the 0.5 version solves the safe mode problem?
I cannot go very far by now ...
Hi Max, I am going to have be very blunt on this: The answer is simply NO because it is impossible to get X3 to work with SAFE_MODE, which has been removed entirely from PHP, and was already deprecated since version 5.3 released in 2009!
http://php.net/manual/en/features.safe-mode.php

Ask your host to turn it OFF. If they say no, then change host! This is a very old setting, and has nothing to do on any modern hosting if you want to host a modern application. I really don't understand why it is on in the first place unless you requested it ... May I ask who is the host?

SAFE MODE is like booting your windows computer in "safe mode" because something is not working so it turns of most features just to diagnose. SAFE MODE OFF is required to run Imagevue X3, and we cannot make it work with safe mode on which basically prevents X3 from writing anything to folders including the _cache.

Max Bugno

29 Nov 2014, 10:36

Thanks Karl,

I will surely change my server.