Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack

Re: Imagevue X3 [playground]

24 Jun 2014, 15:13

The logo animation was from the begining :) only the animation method is changed. If I well remember, previously it was done by the animate.css. Current implementation (and a way nicier! ) I believe is Karls' invention, made in velocity. I like these "freaky cat moves" of the logo :D

Karl, would you be able to make some kinda default landing page for images? Instead of:
http://mjau-mjau.com/concepts/grid/grid ... p:Beardman
would like to see independent document (like mjau-mjau.com/concepts/grid/grid-300/Beardman) not a popup with the album metadata...
In this case, the url would contain extra SEO data (image name, description, authorship, licence, canonical, etc...) and a solid background for a more advanced content controll/showcase/interaction in the future.

I haven't said that yet - great work :!: I especially love this insane load speed!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

24 Jun 2014, 16:38

Martin wrote:... and I really love what you have done with your logo... the flipping and turning, I mean...
I haven't noticed it before, so I think it must be new...
Artur wrote:The logo animation was from the begining :) only the animation method is changed. If I well remember, previously it was done by the animate.css. Current implementation (and a way nicier! ) I believe is Karls' invention, made in velocity. I like these "freaky cat moves" of the logo :D
Originally, this was a pure CSS3 effect with 8 animations triggered randomly ... Smooth, but somewhat static. Recently I upgraded it to a pure javascript programmatic effect with endless combinations of duration, easing and 3D-transforms for a much more organic touch. I have started to use velocity.js to compliment better programmatic animations and transitions in X3.
Martin wrote:.(but I suppose it is not a feature of X3... I really wished I could do something like that to my logo)
Not sure it is feasible to include with X3, but there is no reason I can't help anyone set it up. There are some requirements though: The logo kinda needs to be in plain font format, although it could perhaps work with SVG (vector) ... Also, it might not look that interesting unless you can split the logo into two words like the "mjau mjau logo".
Martin wrote:Karl, would you be able to make some kinda default landing page for images? Instead of:
http://mjau-mjau.com/concepts/grid/grid ... p:Beardman
would like to see independent document (like mjau-mjau.com/concepts/grid/grid-300/Beardman) not a popup with the album metadata...
In this case, the url would contain extra SEO data (image name, description, authorship, licence, canonical, etc...) and a solid background for a more advanced content controll/showcase/interaction in the future.
Yes, this exact feature has been on my mind for a while. I think the link would be something like /folder/img/[imagename] though ... The X3 backend kinda needs a cue for it to create an "image page", and I think it is good practice. You are right it will definitely be ultimate for SEO, and it is a good "landing-page" option instead of popup, for social sharing or detailed views. Likely, I would change links by default to point to img landing pages, and only override them with popup (if enabled) by javascript.
Martin wrote:I haven't said that yet - great work :!: I especially love this insane load speed!
Thank you! I am also very happy with the speed- and localStorage integration, and I'm looking forward to see it in real world examples!

Martin
Experienced

25 Jun 2014, 01:39

mjau-mjau wrote:
Martin wrote:Karl, would you be able to make some kinda default landing page for images?....
Martin wrote:I haven't said that yet - great work :!: I especially love this insane load speed!
Ah... you've mixed up some 'Martin wrote's and 'Artur wrote's :)
Now it looks if I made all those intelligent remarks :D

andreamarucci
Experienced

25 Jun 2014, 04:17

I love what I'm seeing so keep up the good work and release it asap :D :D :D

Martin
Experienced

25 Jun 2014, 14:52

mjau-mjau wrote:
Martin wrote:.(but I suppose it is not a feature of X3... I really wished I could do something like that to my logo)
Not sure it is feasible to include with X3, but there is no reason I can't help anyone set it up. There are some requirements though: The logo kinda needs to be in plain font format, although it could perhaps work with SVG (vector) ... Also, it might not look that interesting unless you can split the logo into two words like the "mjau mjau logo".
Well, that's a nice offer to help set it up.
It is a bit premature perhaps, but when my site has the X3-DNA I would quite be interested.
Can 3 words be used too?.... Like 'Martin Broeze Photography' ?...
If there is anything that I can do to experiment with it already?... just let me know...

Thnx in advance!!

winph
Experienced

25 Jun 2014, 22:07

mjau-mjau when will be this commercially available? im about to upgrade my site but i decided to wait for x3. :)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

26 Jun 2014, 04:36

Martin wrote:If there is anything that I can do to experiment with it already?... just let me know...
I launched it at codepen here http://codepen.io/mjau-mjau/full/KryHo/ ... You can download the zip here https://d.pr/f/Qiis. You can see what you make of the css and JS, but I can't offer any hands-on help to get it integrated with a custom logo at this point.
winph wrote:mjau-mjau when will be this commercially available? im about to upgrade my site but i decided to wait for x3.
I'm trying it out on another website next week, and that will offer some feedback on how close we could be to a public beta. I will keep you updated within next week.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

26 Jun 2014, 10:52

Minor maintenance update:
http://mjau-mjau.com/updates/#26jun14

winph
Experienced

27 Jun 2014, 00:31

mjau-maju wrote:I'm trying it out on another website next week, and that will offer some feedback on how close we could be to a public beta. I will keep you updated within next week.

nice. :)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

01 Jul 2014, 09:02

Just a small update ...

Since I am preparing for a few layout variations, I have created a new vertical tree menu for X3:
http://codepen.io/mjau-mjau/full/yDKBh/ (prototype)

Although few gallery websites are deeper than 2 levels, this menu can expand to unlimited levels. Furthermore, it has settings to start expanded- or collapsed, as well as a close_same_level setting.

There are 3 situations in which the vertical tree menu will be used in X3:
1. Left- or right sidebar layout (which I am working on now).
2. Off-canvas menu (appears on mobile devices, similar to what currently appears on mjau-mjau.com).
3. Hover menu, similar to the menu in Imagevue X2.

winph
Experienced

01 Jul 2014, 09:41

mjau-mjau wrote:Just a small update ...

Since I am preparing for a few layout variations, I have created a new vertical tree menu for X3:
http://codepen.io/mjau-mjau/full/yDKBh/ (prototype)

Although few gallery websites are deeper than 2 levels, this menu can expand to unlimited levels. Furthermore, it has settings to start expanded- or collapsed, as well as a close_same_level setting.

There are 3 situations in which the vertical tree menu will be used in X3:
1. Left- or right sidebar layout (which I am working on now).
2. Off-canvas menu (appears on mobile devices, similar to what currently appears on mjau-mjau.com).
3. Hover menu, similar to the menu in Imagevue X2.
will these also available in horizontal menu?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

02 Jul 2014, 04:52

winph wrote:will these also available in horizontal menu?
Well, we already have a horizontal menu (as in current demo), and it doesn't really make sense to mix the two methods. The horizontal menu doesn't really work well for mobile devices, and therefore will normally "convert" to an off-canvas menu for mobile devices (also in the current demo). Furthermore, in my personal opinion, horizontal menu works best for simple structures: Either a single-level dropdown, or no dropdown at all ... I believe required functionality is already available in the horizontal menu ... ?

We will however be adding layout variations to the horizontal menu, for example:
# A skinny/slim horizontal menu. (current demo is big/fat and takes a lot of vertical space)
# Place logo centered above centered horizontal menu.
# Fixed horizontal menu option, so that it sticks to top of screen on vertical scroll.

nz-photo
Experienced

02 Jul 2014, 14:06

Thanks for the update.
Love the skinny one :) though will need to see it on a real layout page.
Also the options under review for the horizontal one are interesting.
Still good work Karl!
Empty your mind, be formless, be shapeless, like water...
www.nz-photo.com

eskimo121
Experienced

some sites for ideas..

02 Jul 2014, 18:25

Hello Mjau-mjau,

here are a few nice sites for some layout ideas/looks/visualization if needed :

links hidden

ps: post may be deleted if needed.
Thanks.

Bored? Browse through some cool images: Amazing Pictures

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

Re: some sites for ideas..

02 Jul 2014, 18:58

eskimo121 wrote:here are a few nice sites for some layout ideas/looks/visualization if needed
Some really good finds there, especially the first 2-3, which I have bookmarked for future evaluation ... They are mostly Wordpress themes, and although there is nothing essentially wrong with that, there are many drawbacks ...

I removed the links from this thread, as they are slightly unproductive at this point, but thanks for posting!