Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mcff

Re: Imagevue X3 [playground]

12 May 2014, 18:06

Imagevue X3 when the estimated release date?

Nondo

17 May 2014, 14:20

mcff wrote:Imagevue X3 when the estimated release date?
See here: https://forum.photo.gallery/viewtopic.p ... 721#p34721

mymz

20 May 2014, 12:31

I'm very interested in buying a private license for imagevue to build my own photo gallery. As there is version x3 in development I would like to know whether there will be a upgrade option from the current version. Will it be possible to upgrade or do I need to purchase both versions in case of I will buy the x2 now?

Thank you very much!

Regards,
mymz

Bulletproof IT
Experienced

20 May 2014, 15:53

Good Question!
I asked this a while ago but got no answer.
I don't think they've worked out their pricing. I am not sure whether they will offer loyalty pricing for customer who have been with them for 2-3 years, or whether EVERYONE must upgrade for FULL Price, unless purchased x2 in the last 6 months.

Of course it is all speculation, but they will have to be fair to those who have purchased x2, compared to other customers who have no licence. And those who purchase x2, and then wish to upgrade to x3 within 6 months, will surely be protected too...

mymz wrote:I'm very interested in buying a private license for imagevue to build my own photo gallery. As there is version x3 in development I would like to know whether there will be a upgrade option from the current version. Will it be possible to upgrade or do I need to purchase both versions in case of I will buy the x2 now?

Thank you very much!

Regards,
mymz
» I Imagevue X3 «

Martin
Experienced

20 May 2014, 16:02

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

20 May 2014, 16:37

Girls and Boys,

Apologies for the long period of silence, but I had to finalize a massive update which was launched today. This huge update primarily caters to folder layouts, which in some cases are also referred to as "albums". Update highlights:

Folder layouts
A folder layout basically displays a collection of child folders within the current page. Child folders are usually "galleries", but could also be any collection of pages, for example a blog section. Just like for the galleries module, there are many layout options available to the folder module, including "block-grid", "columns", "justified" and the default vertical stacking. Head over to the new "album" demos to get an overview:

mjau-mjau.com/concepts/albums/

Since folder layouts are now sorted, you can see additional changes to several pages that were listing child folders, including (but not limited to):
Start page - Lists the 4 last blog child folders.
Blog page - Lists all child folders in blog.
Concepts, Vertical, Slider, Grid - All these pages now display collection of child gallery folders in various block-grids.

There were so many goodies that came from development of folder layouts, that we will be moving several concepts over to gallery layouts also.

block-grid
We have launched a very robust- and flexible layout method called the block-grid, which works for both gallery- and folder layouts. You can easily control the grid layout with a simple tag setting:
block-grid:3,2,1 - Creates 3 columns on large screens, 2 on medium screens and 1 column on small screens. (default)
block-grid:7,4,1 - Creates 7 columns on large screens, 4 on medium screens and 1 column on small screens.
block-grid:3 - Creates 3 columns regardless of screen size.
block-grid - Defaults to block-grid:3,2,1.

Updatelog
See more new features in this release!
Update log

---

Notes
At this point, I believe we are getting closer to something that at least "looks" complete. Especially now with folder layouts available and a provisory admin panel ready just around the corner, I will hopefully be pushing a few prototypes shortly. Before anything though, I would at least like to launch a few "skins" just for some variety and proof of concept.

If it was entirely up to me, I would probably wish to wait a while longer before even launching a "beta" of X3. However, even I can see that things simply take too long unless I cut some corners to get things "launchworthy". Imagevue X3 will definitely be a "work in progress" after initial launch.

I would prefer to include a few optional page layouts (menu left, header, footer etc) prior to launch, but this may need to get in the queue also.

---
Martin wrote:... touchscreen menu issues ...
Thanks for the extensive reporting on various touchscreen issues. I am aware of a few of the issues already, and some of these things, especially related to the menu system, will just have to wait in line.
mymz wrote:I'm very interested in buying a private license for imagevue to build my own photo gallery. As there is version x3 in development I would like to know whether there will be a upgrade option from the current version. Will it be possible to upgrade or do I need to purchase both versions in case of I will buy the x2 now?
We wish to reward customers who have been with us since earlier versions, so we offer 50% discount on X3. If you became a customer of X2 recently and feel you deserve a free upgrade, drop an email or PM us and we can sort out something. Just keep in mind, we wont be able to deal with this until we have a public beta release out regardless.

drzylvon
Experienced

20 May 2014, 16:44

I was doing my daily check to the blog and found the new album layouts :D, came back here to see if you'd post...

The preloading is extremely impressive.

The album flexibility is as I had hoped for it. I'll give it a run on a couple of other devices :-).

Super !

Martin
Experienced

21 May 2014, 13:28

mjau-mjau wrote:... a massive update which was launched today. This huge update primarily caters to folder layouts, which in some cases are also referred to as "albums"....
This is sooo GREAT!!
Just what I tried to achieve with my workaround in X2, but so much more modern and elegant...
I LOVE THESE FOLDERS!

VincentCui

21 May 2014, 13:57

mjau-mjau wrote:We wish to reward customers who have been with us since earlier versions, so we offer 50% discount on X3. If you became a customer of X2 recently and feel you deserve a free upgrade, drop an email or PM us and we can sort out something. Just keep in mind, we wont be able to deal with this until we have a public beta release out regardless.

To be honest, I don't think this is fair enough for all the people who has purchased previous version.
All of us should know you will upgrade whenever you do it.
If you don't want to wait for the new release, you can buy it, but since you purchased the previous version you should be same as us who has been with imagevue longer. Otherwise, it couldn't be fair to everyone.

And also, there are three package for X2 right? I purchased the most expensive package, in this case, shall we have same discount?

I think it will be solved perfectly.

Can't wait to use X3!
Visual artist -- photographer, film maker.

http://www.vincentcui.co.uk

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

22 May 2014, 00:58

VincentCui wrote:To be honest, I don't think this is fair enough for all the people who has purchased previous version.
All of us should know you will upgrade whenever you do it.
I don't want to step on anyones toes here, but do you really find it unfair when we create a brand new cutting-edge product, and offer half-price to existing customers, after 5 years of the previous version w/free upgrades? We could of course spend our time with "clients" instead, which in some cases would be paying 100x times as much for a similar customized website. We don't have the volume to be able to work on a this for years and then launch for free for 100s of customers who all need support.

If you are not satisfied with the upgrade price, then feel free to contact us and we will sort something out!
VincentCui wrote:And also, there are three package for X2 right? I purchased the most expensive package, in this case, shall we have same discount?
50% discount meaning top package will have more discount in sum, same in %.

Martin
Experienced

22 May 2014, 01:31

mjau-mjau wrote:... but do you really find it unfair when we create a brand new cutting-edge product, and offer half-price to existing customers, after 5 years of the previous version w/free upgrades?
I think VincentCui meant that regardless the moment one buys X2 that everyone should have the same discount. So people that only recently bought it should not get it for completely free, but should have to pay the 50% also....

Me, I do not care...

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

22 May 2014, 12:42

Martin wrote:I think VincentCui meant that regardless the moment one buys X2 that everyone should have the same discount. So people that only recently bought it should not get it for completely free, but should have to pay the 50% also....
Yep, reading through it again, I think you are right! I don't mind either, but I just want to offer some flexibility for those who are currently interested in X2/X3, and for those who may feel misinformed upon release of X3. This thread is basically the only place we are currently offering public information about Imagevue X3 ...

phall

22 May 2014, 16:25

Karl,

I've been looking at the new Imagevue X3 and it is certainly fantastic, congrats and many thanks for all the hard work, I can't wait for the full version. The one question I am most interested in: Text. any comments on how this will be implemented in X3? Flash always proved difficult in using text; it would be great to be able to see the actual layout and images... while writing the text, almost like being on the site online and instead of reading the text, clicking on it and being able to write, add edit, etc. No one does images and video better than you IMO, I am hopeful that text can be deployed fluidly with as much beauty in X3 so it all comes together to perfection. Multiple templates with padded, non padded texts, fonts tied to differnt kinds of layouts, ready to go would be fantastic so images and text are tied together from the start in smart ways which ofcourse can be modified and made more personalzied. Know this is much to ask but I'm excited by what you've done and it could be amazing to have it all come together, Text and text layout all folded in with image together. I am most excited by Text in that it will provide search engines much more to work with and go after than in Flash, so text will drive up traffic. Best--

winph
Experienced

23 May 2014, 20:02

pricing is fair enough. of course there is x3 in development so who would buy x2 right now.

btw grid view still now working properly with safari. only 1st column is clickable. but in the new album it is working properly.

phall

23 May 2014, 20:42

I guess what I was trying to get at Karl is writing Text without the need for HTML markup, with most common fonts like Helvetica supported, the ability to Copy and Paste from apps like Apple Pages / Text Edit with the formatting preserved, (italics, bolds, etc) in the Titles of Galleries as well, and if you don't want a sub header or Title, you don't have to have any text there. Imagine a Gallery where the top half of the page is a large photo and the rest below is an entire area for text to be written edge to edge, free of any formatting limitations / copy-pastable. Some templates thought out like this, What do you think?