Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

Re: Imagevue X3 [playground]

19 Feb 2014, 23:23

fsfs wrote:I was thinking something like this with the sheets: http://www.onlinealbumproofing.com/beta ... friend/756
The "flip" style viewer is a bit interesting, although that page does not work on mobile- or small screen devices. Furthermore, I don't see that this gallery has any other features or advantages in terms of "proofing" for clients. Compared to the slideshow we have integrated, which focuses on the image and works nicely across all devices, it seems inferior:
http://mjau-mjau.com/concepts/slider/sl ... ned-ratio/
You can perhaps imagine that module in a more compact layout without the text section above ...

fsfs wrote:And about the comments, yes you've that already. I just saw this for vision: http://photopressdemos.com/album-proofi ... -and-uros/
Yep, seems to work well enough. I can't say that design is very attractive to neither view or use ...

Thanks for filling me on on proofing though ... We definitely want to optimize layouts/features so that you can create such section towards clients. We would likely need to add comments on a photo-by-photo basis also ... which is not a problem ...

winph
Experienced

27 Feb 2014, 00:28

Wow... is it available now? will x2 user get discount?

winph
Experienced

27 Feb 2014, 00:32

will you be adding blank layers for the images? i noticed that i can open the image in new tab or download the images.

winph
Experienced

27 Feb 2014, 02:29

hi, i notice that all grid view only the 1st column is clickable or can be click for larger view. This only happens in safari. Not in chrome :)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

27 Feb 2014, 07:09

winph wrote:Wow... is it available now? will x2 user get discount?
Not yet available. I may be able to make some forecast next week about when a beta may be available. Discount for X2 users? Yes.
winph wrote:will you be adding blank layers for the images? i noticed that i can open the image in new tab or download the images.
You mean like they do at Flickr? I guess this would be one way to make it slightly more difficult for a visitor to download the image ... of course, still quite easy for those with a little insight ... This could be interesting, but it will need to wait a bit ...
winph wrote:hi, i notice that all grid view only the 1st column is clickable or can be click for larger view. This only happens in safari. Not in chrome
Thanks for pointing this out. For sure there are many minor bugs around that need to get ironed out ...

illunis
Experienced

28 Feb 2014, 05:33

mjau-mjau wrote:
winph wrote:will you be adding blank layers for the images? i noticed that i can open the image in new tab or download the images.
You mean like they do at Flickr? I guess this would be one way to make it slightly more difficult for a visitor to download the image ... of course, still quite easy for those with a little insight ... This could be interesting, but it will need to wait a bit ...
Very important addition. I know there are ways to download the images but i like to at least have the illusion of safety. Will wait for that feature!

winph
Experienced

03 Mar 2014, 23:24

any timeline or target date?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

06 Mar 2014, 00:38

After an extended week dealing with unrelated stuff, I am back in 100% mode. Some minor updates:
http://mjau-mjau.com/updates/#05mar14
winph wrote:any timeline or target date?
I need to clean up a bit before I can deal with some major dependencies. Please let me get back to this exact question next week, and I will also add a short list of main features that need to be implemented before a beta can be launched. Ok?

drzylvon
Experienced

09 Mar 2014, 05:07

Keep up the good work !

winph
Experienced

19 Mar 2014, 00:42

any update? timeline? im very exited about this x3 :)
mjau-mjau wrote:After an extended week dealing with unrelated stuff, I am back in 100% mode. Some minor updates:
http://mjau-mjau.com/updates/#05mar14
winph wrote:any timeline or target date?
I need to clean up a bit before I can deal with some major dependencies. Please let me get back to this exact question next week, and I will also add a short list of main features that need to be implemented before a beta can be launched. Ok?

milchrice

19 Mar 2014, 16:34

let the beta free i buy it instant ^^

markam24
Experienced

21 Mar 2014, 10:57

Impressive! Staggeringly flexible from what the demo shows. I see some issues in iOS, but I imagine your working through it. Looking forward to trying it out -;)

drzylvon
Experienced

23 Mar 2014, 11:38

Dear Mjau-mjau,

Playing further with your alpha, I take it that the notion of "album" is currently materialized on two levels :
-the top menu
-within an item of that menu, as cards.

I was wondering if it would be possible to organize albums just the same ways as photos inside an album.

Example :
"Flickr" View #1 : each tile is an album entry point.
You click a tile and it makes you enter that album. There pictures follow another layout or the same.

So, Home page shows like
Title : Gallery
displayed : Tiles of albums
*click one tile*
Title becomes : Gallery\SelectedTileTitle

Also, you could have on one level of view one layout, then on the next level, another one, and so on, or decide you keep all the same layout.

Personnally, I'd like that flickr justified view everywhere.
Of course, some times would be greyed or non displayed, according to the authentication & authorisations

just some ideas :-)

Greetings,
Z

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

28 Mar 2014, 13:33

Ladies & Gents,

Sorry for the late response. I have been busy with a relatively large update, and wanted to work through a lot of semi-critical issues before updating- and posting here. Basically I have been doing a lot of somewhat boring- but important bug fixes, perhaps from a slightly premature initial release. However, I have also made a huge update to the gallery popup module. I rate the popup module as a very important part of Imagevue X3 ... The popup module basically comes into action when clicking an image within a gallery, regardless of style-, layout and device - It is the most ideal way to display an image in its full glory, and intuitively navigate through sibling images. I dare state that we have crafted the best overall image gallery popup module on the www (feel free to debate). Latest update:
mjau-mjau.com/updates/#27mar14

... or try the updated popup module with new HTML5 pushstate native browser navigation from this gallery, or access an image in popup directly ?pop:Solar-delight.

What's next?
It is still a bit early to give any launch dates, but let me give you a few ideas about whats immediately next in line. From now, I am consciously trying to focus on tasks which bring us closer to release, although there will still be a lot to do after we get that far ... If I was to finalize our complete visions prior to launch, it would take ages!

# Maintenance - In lack of a better phrase, I need to clean up scss(css), scripts and templates, and fix several issues.
# Albums - Album layouts (pages listing subfolder galleries) are technically in place already, but need some work. Ultimately, we would like to be able to offer similar layouts for albums, as we already have for galleries w/images.
# Skins - As soon as possible, I will be showcasing a few examples of different skins for the gallery. SKINS are basically different color schemes- and font-combinations, which have little- or no effect on the structural layout of the gallery. In some ways, it can be considered the same as a "theme" in Imagevue X2. This is an important milestone.

Edit, April 03: As for the message below, I have already received several requests, and cannot accept more at this point.
mjau-mjau wrote:Can I try?
After the above, although there is still some distance to go, I may be looking for a few very early trialists. I have come to a stage where I find the mjau-mjau.com website to be slightly limiting, mainly because I want to move it in a slightly different somewhat blog-oriented direction ... I would like to implement on a dedicated gallery-oriented website. I will be looking for a few candidates, but there will be some requirements and warnings for those even interested:
  • Will have to accept me working directly with the website at an early stage.
  • Those interested must be somewhat tech-savvy, and comfortable with managing files through FTP and editing some basic text files.
  • A certain level of quality for images/photos to be showcased.
  • Accept that there will be a lot of updating going on through a period of time, likely crossed with various bugs and missing features.
  • Accept that "feature A" which you are demanding, might have to come second in line to other priorities.
Feel free to contact me by PM! Keep in mind, there is nothing wrong in waiting for a more complete beta. The above would be for those who are very eager to move on from their current gallery implementation (Imagevue or not).
Date
Because some of you want more specific information, I'm gonna give a ballpark figure on beta launch date. Lets say we aim to have something beta available by the end of May. This does not mean it will be well documented or complete, but I hope we can have something satisfactory that can be downloaded and used directly out-of-the-box.

Over to you folks ...
winph wrote:any update? timeline? im very exited about this x3
See above! 8)
milchrice wrote:let the beta free i buy it instant ^^
I like your style!
markam24 wrote:Impressive! Staggeringly flexible from what the demo shows. I see some issues in iOS, but I imagine your working through it. Looking forward to trying it out -;)
Yes, and I believe we worked through a lot of fixes in the latest release. Feel free to give feedback about any issues you come across ... We are aware that there are bugs, especially for many of the ambitious interface elements and layout variations across devices, screens, browsers and operating systems.

---
drzylvon wrote:Playing further with your alpha, I take it that the notion of "album" is currently materialized on two levels :
-the top menu
-within an item of that menu, as cards.
Exactly.
drzylvon wrote:I was wondering if it would be possible to organize albums just the same ways as photos inside an album.
That is the main idea, yes. There are some challenges involved ... For example, some layout styles like "justified" don't generally work with text, simply because it squeezes the height of an an image element to fit within a specified row height ... Technically you can still have album listings without text of course (or display on hover), but I feel it is generally more important to have title/date/description on album listings than in normal galleries. Other layouts, like the column/masonry layouts, work fine regardless. Also, there will be a few additional layout options that only apply for album layouts.
drzylvon wrote:Example :
"Flickr" View #1 : each tile is an album entry point.
You click a tile and it makes you enter that album. There pictures follow another layout or the same.
Yep. Only thing as mentioned, I dont think it is possible to use justified layouts with text displaying in the element (on mouse hover, yes) ...
drzylvon wrote:So, Home page shows like
Title : Gallery
displayed : Tiles of albums
*click one tile*
Title becomes : Gallery\SelectedTileTitle
Yes! :P
drzylvon wrote:Also, you could have on one level of view one layout, then on the next level, another one, and so on, or decide you keep all the same layout.
Yes, and it almost works like this already as you can see in the various gallery examples. There is a default layout, and then you can add "tags" to apply specific styles of layout to a gallery (or album).
drzylvon wrote:Personnally, I'd like that flickr justified view everywhere.
After implementing, I tend to also prefer justified layout ... It depends a bit, as pinterest-style columns/masonry layouts often work better for elements that include titles/text. Also, the main difference, is that justified emphasizes horizontal-aspect photos, while columns/masonry emphasizes vertical-aspect photos. In most cases, it would make sense to be consistent with your layouts in any regards.
drzylvon wrote:Of course, some times would be greyed or non displayed, according to the authentication & authorisations
Yes.

Your insight is appreciated.

alexhenes
Experienced

30 Mar 2014, 19:06

Will the new version lend itself to easily inserting JS like Google ads into our sites?
Alex
https://www.merelyafleshwound.com
https://www.goldenbikeshop.com