Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

swamphox
Experienced

Re: Imagevue X3 [playground]

24 Oct 2014, 19:14

C'mon...like the other guy said...take my money....

I have been using imagevue for ten years now. I need to work on my site but I don't want to invest time on X2 when X3 is around the corner. You must have a good idea of when it will be released. Will you release a beta version? I will be a your guinea pig. Please give us a date...

thanks

swamphox.com

alexhenes
Experienced

24 Oct 2014, 21:01

I think a date for beta was given... Nov 1st is what I wrote down.
Alex
https://www.merelyafleshwound.com
https://www.goldenbikeshop.com

mcff

25 Oct 2014, 06:05

x3 will be published when? The new site design needs. and I'm waiting for the X3 product.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

27 Oct 2014, 01:17

I already noted a BETA launch date by the end of this week, see the thread here:
viewtopic.php?p=35026#p35026

Keep in mind, this is a premature beta, and it would almost be required to have live chat support with me, which I am more than willing to offer. For those with more patience, I would recommend waiting another 2-3 weeks. If you have reasonable technical understanding, you could easily proceed to to set up your gallery from the end of this week, but you will be doing a few upgrades and re-applying a few settings ...

dxodik
Experienced

28 Oct 2014, 11:01

hello!
Mobile version works strange and slow.
-menu when switching to another tab does not disappear, we have to be closed manually. sometimes just disappears menu button.
-while scrolling menu appears in the wrong moment.
-carousel on the home does not fit into the mobile version, interfere, will be able to turn it off?
Can make it as easy, no options, as in the x2.

sorry for my english 8)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

29 Oct 2014, 08:58

!Updates!

Actually, I got two updates that I didn't post here yet. One from Oct 21 and one from today (Oct 29).

Highlights

Extensive logo settings
Since your logos are gonna come in all shapes, aspects and varieties, I had to double-up on a lot of features and utilities to make the logo integrate nicely. We now got settings for adding logo title or uploading an image, or even adding your custom html into the logo area. Also included dozens of logo utility classes to modify size, width, padding and margin of the logo.

Slideshow
Mucho improved slideshow integration, especially for mobile- and touchscreen. Includes loads of accessible settings, and improved autoplay functionality. New Variations demo here, showing a "dots" navigation style, "autoplay" and "crossfade" transition. I would like to eventually add the slideshow as an option directly in the popup window, simply because it is very powerful for browsing through images.

Live Chat
Live chat options through two 3rd party services Olark.com (as seen in demo) or Firehosechat.com. Simple integration with X3 by simply adding account ID from vendor, and customized sweet design to suit X3. Some of you may wish to offer live chat on your website for real-time communication with clients. I will certainly need it for providing support soon!

Also, I will have a chat integrated in the admin panel, so I can provide live-support directly to gallery admin.

[shortcodes]
The start of a cool concept that allows you to write "shortcodes" directly into page content, for example [contact] will be replaced by a contact form. We will add other cool shortcodes later, for example simple stuff like [date] or [gallerylist] (ideas will come).

default page.settings and include.settings
Won't be able to say much about this right now, but basically it allows you to set default settings for all pages (that can be overwritten) per page, and set included settings that are included in addition to unique page settings.

Much more ++ You can see details of both updates here:
http://mjau-mjau.com/updates/

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

29 Oct 2014, 13:22

Defiant wrote:The only thing i have left to say, keep it up and release soon ;)
Yep! Thanks! My last official quote about launch date here: viewtopic.php?p=35026#p35026
alexhenes wrote:Will X3 have a utility to import gallery and image comments?
You can use the same content folder structure that you have for X2 in X3, although it will require a few manual modifications that can be done from the new panel. By default, X3 will not be able to import image titles- and descriptions (if that is what you meant?), although we may launch a converter tool at some point.
alexhenes wrote:When I bring up X3 in Chrome on a Nexus 10( andriod 10 inch latest OS rev) the mega menu is cut off. This is repeatable. Here is a screen shot.
Interesting ... The mega menu wasn't stress-tested on mobile/touchscreen devices, basically because most of them (including ipad), revert to the slidemenu, which is easier to operate from a touchscreen device. It should be fixed now! ... Thats one large-screen tablet you got there!
dxodik wrote:hello!
Mobile version works strange and slow.
This is new to me and my devices, and contrary to tests from 3rd parties. In fact, the mobile version is incredibly fast as it preloads the entire site data in a gzip, so page transitions are very swift.

What exactly are you referring to "slow"? Page load speeds? ... or some kinda animation? If you are using an older version of Android, it may not be supporting CSS3 transform, which is essential to make the menu seem fluid.
dxodik wrote:-menu when switching to another tab does not disappear, we have to be closed manually. sometimes just disappears menu button.
-while scrolling menu appears in the wrong moment.
What do you mean "Switching to another tab"? Yes, the menu button appears only after TOUCH on the screen, meaning interaction is ongoing ... after a while of inactivity, the menu button will disappear until screen is touched again, for the benefit of keeping it out of the way until it is required.
dxodik wrote:-carousel on the home does not fit into the mobile version, interfere, will be able to turn it off?
This is a super modern responsive carousel, and even fits nicely on my old iphone 4 ... It is "responsive", so it will show less items on smaller screens, and on an iphone 4, it shows 1 item, but it can still be swiped!

The carousel is only an optional gallery, you can easily use any other method!

What I am most curious about:
What kinda device are you viewing this from?
dxodik wrote:Can make it as easy, no options, as in the x2.
In X2 there are LOTS of options ... I think too many! Imagevue X3 will also be possible to setup without changing much, but on initial release, things are not as intuitive as I would like them to be eventually ... I am here to help anyway.

mcff

29 Oct 2014, 15:32

LiveChat support we can get other applications?

etc: http://livehelp.stardevelop.com

dxodik
Experienced

30 Oct 2014, 09:33

mjau-mjau wrote: What I am most curious about:
What kinda device are you viewing this from?
thanks for the response
Sony xperia tablet z - android 4.4.4 + chrome

What price of x3, it is necessary to calculate the budget)

synanhero

30 Oct 2014, 20:13

what i wonder is i have a x2 licence . how much i need to pay for x3 . and in x2 on the same server i was be able to install this script for 2 website will it be same on x3 . thank you very much

alexhenes
Experienced

31 Oct 2014, 00:17

alexhenes wrote
Will X3 have a utility to import gallery and image comments?

You can use the same content folder structure that you have for X2 in X3, although it will require a few manual modifications that can be done from the new panel. By default, X3 will not be able to import image titles- and descriptions (if that is what you meant?), although we may launch a converter tool at some point.
This is a huge deal for me as I have close to 100 albums with an average of 30 or more photos. Most photos have descriptions but no titles. About half of the albums have titles and descriptions.

Will the new format for album and picture titles/descriptions be available? I could write a script and do the conversion myself. I think I did this when converting to X2.

Please advise.
Alex
https://www.merelyafleshwound.com
https://www.goldenbikeshop.com

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

31 Oct 2014, 01:16

Release?
Since many of you will have this question on your tongue today, I am working my socks off here to get an early beta ready including basic documentation. I should have something ready for tomorrow for the eager ones, but I will definitely be using the whole weekend to get some things ready. Also, I can't stress enough the fact that this early beta is not for everyone, but for those of you who are dying to proceed, have an acceptable amount of technical understanding, and willingness to communicate with me to get things rolling.
mcff wrote:LiveChat support we can get other applications?
etc: http://livehelp.stardevelop.com
I was hoping to avoid this, but essentially it should not be a huge problem to offer other chat services. Don't you find the interface of that chat unattractive? It looks like it was designed in 1999, and never changed since ... We will offer best custom design integration with the chats mentioned in my update post.
dxodik wrote:What price of x3, it is necessary to calculate the budget)
I may need to make a few adjustments to pricing structure at some point, but initially, X3 will be offered at 50% discount to existing X2 customers with the same prices as before.
synanhero wrote:what i wonder is i have a x2 licence . how much i need to pay for x3 . and in x2 on the same server i was be able to install this script for 2 website will it be same on x3 . thank you very much
You should be able to run X3 on the same server- and location as X2, and you can even use your gallery folder structure from X2 in X3. However, you will need to re-apply settings, titles, pages and any other non-physical data ... I will need to offer more info on this later.
alexhenes wrote:This is a huge deal for me as I have close to 100 albums with an average of 30 or more photos. Most photos have descriptions but no titles. About half of the albums have titles and descriptions.

Will the new format for album and picture titles/descriptions be available? I could write a script and do the conversion myself. I think I did this when converting to X2.
I wouldn't mind looking into this, but at this point I simply can't give a time estimate for some conversion tool. In X3, there are two ways to display titles+captions for images: 1) titles+descriptions stored in the image file IPTC data ... This method offers best flexibility, as data is stored directly in the image, and will be available for all future applications. 2) There will be a method to store image titles in the folders' page.yml file, which basically replaces folderdata.xml, but is smarter and easier to edit ...

frankd14321

31 Oct 2014, 14:30

Can't wait to give this a go, will be exactly what I'm needing for our Photography

localhost
Experienced

31 Oct 2014, 18:31

Mjau,

Please consider to add me on the early user of the v3.

I stopped using the v2 since ages ago and wasted $$ after only a few months of using it.

The sample on your website for the V3 looks very promising and making me reconsider using it as my main photo gallery.

esteban94

01 Nov 2014, 06:50

Hi Mjau,

Any way to get Imagevue X3 beta ??
Can't wait anymore after using V2 since years :-(((