Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

cshetler

Re: Imagevue X3 [playground]

09 Sep 2014, 10:33

Hello Karl:

Great work on the new gallery!

Any plans (please!) on incorporating the image "hotspot" functionality currently in the X2 gallery?

Regards,

Chris S.

Bulletproof IT
Experienced

11 Sep 2014, 22:23

Hey mate,

Any chance we can beta test and try the new gallery?

Due to the first two ETA's, we've never implemented the 6 projects using Imagevue (one licence each), and as a result, could have potentially given you a lot more business with regards to client sites.

Is there anything we can do to assist you in completing a product that can be used for a basic photo only gallery site?

Can you suggest any other solutions that can be used in the mean time, whilst we wait for ImageVue x3 (or x4)'s completion?

What is the ETA for a beta or public "usable" version of ImageVue v3 / v4?

Thanks again for your hardwork and commitment to this project.
There are numerous customers that I am sure will benefit from the new update.
» I Imagevue X3 «

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

12 Sep 2014, 00:08

Please hold on for another few days people, as we have a mega-update pending, which in many ways will factor in to answer recent questions and more ... I will backtrack and respond to all unanswered comments then.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

19 Sep 2014, 11:58

Huge update tonight, have a sneak peak:
http://mjau-mjau.com/

Will provide update details this weekend.

Martin
Experienced

20 Sep 2014, 15:01

Great menu bar!
The 'Concepts' tab shows so much possible layouts and variations in galleries... it's wonderful!!!

X3 will be fabulous :D

Wagner Alex
Experienced

21 Sep 2014, 03:34

Martin wrote:Great menu bar!
The 'Concepts' tab shows so much possible layouts and variations in galleries... it's wonderful!!!

X3 will be fabulous :D
WORD!!

Can't wait for it...

winph
Experienced

22 Sep 2014, 02:59

Will this be available anytime soon? Any timeframe?

morgenius
Experienced

22 Sep 2014, 17:10

Hello!

I have long been following the development of the new engine of the site. This new engine I really like.
I would like to know the actual release date. As time goes by, I'm waiting, do not run the site, losing potential customers. If I knew six months ago, so that the development is delayed, I would look for another solution.
But I'm still waiting and hoping that a miracle will happen and the new version will be available soon!
Сan you tell the exact release date?
Thank you that you make the perfect site for photographers!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

24 Sep 2014, 06:06

Attention! Massive Update!
A few days ago I launched a massive X3 update at mjau-mjau.com. Truth be told, I am currently on a 6-day "vacation" (I don't do much vacation trust me), so I did not yet get around to posting until now.

This is a massive update, and X3 has been taken one huge leap closer to release. Please allow me to explain some new monumental features:

Mega Menu
Mega menu's are not for all websites, but for those of you with more than just a few pages/galleries, they offer an incredibly visual way for users to navigate complex structures and create a "mind-map" of the website and gallery.

If you check the current mjau-mjau.com (not from a mobile device), you will see a topbar menu with 3 different examples of mega menu items:

- [Concepts] - In this example, we are using the "list" mega menu to create a very "human searchable" submenu with 2 levels of child items. Great for indexing deep gallery structures, and also provides an effective "preview" element.

- [Blog] - Uses the "Carousel" mega menu to index a handful of child items. Although in the example, we are using it for blog pages, it could just as well be used to preview a group of galleries. The carousel works well for submenus with 1 level of child items, especially if there is some "chronologic" pattern to the child items.

- [Contact] - Uses the "Data" mega menu to add simple data-, plugins or previews in the dropdown, for themenu item itself. Can be uses like in the example, to add contact form plugin and social plugin, or for adding preview of the page in the dropdown.

We have several additional mega menu layouts planned, including a grid-layout (good for gallery items), preview-hover and thumbnails. The new mega menu dropdown is state-of-the art UI.

Topbar fixed up
Visitors don't want to scroll all the way to the top of the page to get back to the navigation, but perhaps they don't want the navigation to be in the way when they are scrolling down either? We have integrated a trending interface method, which SHOWS the topbar navigation fixed when scrolling UP, but hides it when scrolling down. The idea is that if someone is scrolling down from the top of page, they are normally browsing for content below, while if they are scrolling up, chance is they are looking for the navigation. You can try this on the demo site ... simply try to scroll down in the mjau-mjau demo website, and then scroll upwards to see the navigation appear fixed. Pretty good no?

New Dropdown
There is also a brand new dedicated "standard" dropdown menu added, with better UI, unlimited levels and smooth animations, but unfortunately since we have are using mega-menu-options on all examples, we currently don't have this default method demonstrated.

Layout Schemes
You have seen font schemes, color skins and various gallery layouts, but the last part of the puzzle is layout schemes, which lets you decide the main navigation/layout. I had already created a new sidebar option, but I need a few more days to finalize it since the design changed a lot recently. Check out the links below for variations to the layout:

- Slidemenu - This is new minimalistic navigation layout method for X3. It hides all navigation until a menu button is clicked or hovered. This method is very beautiful and minimalistic for those who want to keep the canvas nice and clean. Essentially, this method is the same layout as the new default mobile menu, but is slightly enhanced for larger screens. Features smooth state of the art UI and a new tree menu within for unlimited depth submenu levels.

- Topbar center - This is currently the default layout as in the default mjau-mjau link. The topbar menu allows mega menu items, and fixed-on-scroll-up.

- Topbar float - This is similar to topbar float, except it shows logo on the left and menu on the right.

- Sidebar-left and Sidebar-right layouts to be demonstrated next week.

With all the improvements above to the topbar layout, I believe that some of you who originally preferred a sidebar menu, may now wish to consider the topbar menu. However, the new sidebar menu is still pending to be demonstrated shortly.

Mobile Slide Menu
We had to spend some time creating a new dedicated off-canvas slide menu for small screens and touchscreen mobile devices. The new mobile slide-menu is similar to the slidemenu layout option, which also works nicely for larger screens. Try out the demo from any touchscreen mobile device to experience the new smooth mobile menu, including the new tree menu within!

Design
I figured it was time to break away from the previous mjau-mjau.com design, into something more approachable and flexible as default for X3. As you can see, there has been a fair amount of change to design layout, font and colors.

Lato Font
Changed to the beautiful and versatile Lato font as default, which suits a wide range of styles- and combinations on all devices. Fonts can of course be changed, but this is the best combo I came across.

New Footer
New cool default fixed footer for topbar layouts, editable from admin, with plugin options (social).

More ...
- Contact form - Widget for menu, editable from admin. Improved anti-spam measures. Remembers field entries from same user with html5 localstorage.
- Custom CSS - Add custom CSS directly from the admin.
- Social widget - Add social account links to settings, and apply social widget to menu and/or footer.
- Trimmed - Trimmed away approximately 30% excessive CSS and JS, improving loading and performance.
++ much more

See update log with further details:
http://mjau-mjau.com/updates/#19sep14

Some info ...
* For the record, the audio player has been temporarily removed. Basically it has to be re-coded, and re-integrated into the layout options, and I did not see this as a critical issue.
* Skins and font-scheme links from earlier update posts may currently be broken, as I need to re-amend a lot of stuff after the heavily re-designed update.

I will answer all your recent questions/comments this Friday, and also add some information for the future!

andreamarucci
Experienced

24 Sep 2014, 06:18

I'm waiting to put my hands on this updated code to completely revamp my gallery. I think the only question from us will be just "when" :-)

elpd
Experienced

24 Sep 2014, 06:34

It's indeed a major upgrade and improvement Karl! I can't wait to use/test it on my own server. I hope we can buy/download a beta version real soon. Thx!

Max Bugno

24 Sep 2014, 11:56

Karl,

i really appreciate your work. X3, for what I see, is increasing a lot week by week, but, as someone wrote here before, we are becoming a little disappointed by continuous delays on the release date.
I waited patiently May for the release of the X3 beta to renew my website, but suddenly this appointment disappeared. Probably I misunderstood something. I have been checking this forum (particularly this topic) every week in the last months to see if there were news on the beta or final release, but nothing till now.
I think it would be nice to have an idea of the release date now.

Please tell us something.

Massimiliano

Bulletproof IT
Experienced

24 Sep 2014, 18:01

@KARL,
Hi there mate!
I am glad I got this topic moving again. It had been stationary for months...

Just so you know, your site looks great, but there are quite a few dead images. "This image could not be loaded..."
http://mjau-mjau.com/concepts/grid/grid-300/

QUESTION:
Does this X5 update have a tool to "Find broken media" in the gallery??
:D
mjau-mjau wrote:Attention! Massive Update!
» I Imagevue X3 «

Bulletproof IT
Experienced

24 Sep 2014, 18:07

NEXT / PREV BUTTONS
When scrolling down that first part of the page, i.e. 1 scrolling action or 1 jump, I see the < and > arrows duplicate from 2 to 3 or even 4. So two above (left and right) and two below (left and right)... The top ones are located to the left and right of the TITLE (e.g. GRID 300). And the 2nd set of arrows will *sometimes* appear at the top left corner of the 1st image, and the top right corner of the 5th Image (or however many are in each row). The last image in first row, to the top right of that image.

You may want to experiment with Chrome and see if there is a bug or issue that was missed. The 2nd arrow flickers. Comes and goes. In this scenario, it was only on the RIGHT hand side, and not the left, as per the Grid300 Gallery above in my previous post.

Last edited by Bulletproof IT on 25 Sep 2014, 23:53, edited 2 times in total.
» I Imagevue X3 «

Bulletproof IT
Experienced

24 Sep 2014, 19:01

TOP MENU / MEGA MENU
Hey Karl,
Will you offer a setting / configuration option so that the top menu is always visible when scrolling down the page?

Currently the top Mega Menu's "mini menu" is only visible if you start to scroll UP, but if you scroll DOWN the mini menu is removed completely.

Thanks. :D

EDIT:
Rather than "fixed-on-scroll-up", perhaps we could also have "fixed-on-scroll-updown"??
» I Imagevue X3 «