Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Nondo

Re: Imagevue X3 [playground]

30 Jul 2014, 03:06

I would be in the single level/basic portfolio category. I prefer something simple and clean that will allow my visitors quick access to my images.

So using your example: PortfolioA / Portfolio B / Portfolio C / About / Contact

The portfolio links would go directly to a gallery of thumbnails.

Maybe it's just on my end but one thing I noticed with Alex's multi leveled kayak gallery is just how "jittery" the menu navigation can be. Is that something that can be adjusted with these new galleries? For example, when opening up the deeper menus it seems as though mouse movements are hyper sensitive, so my cursor/selections are scrolling up and down rapidly.

winph
Experienced

30 Jul 2014, 08:37

Hi,

When will we be able to try it ourself? :) Public beta or we could purchase early beta?

win

katman

30 Jul 2014, 14:05

Hi Carl,
It's been a while since I've visited. X3 looks flippin sweet!

There's a lot of slick menu systems you shared!

I especially like these:
http://www.justcapelle.com/css3-sticky- ... -full.html
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/203 ... index.html

keep up the great work!!

nz-photo
Experienced

01 Aug 2014, 12:33

Yeah some really nice things here !
Love these menu with thumbnails or carousel included, really cool.
Empty your mind, be formless, be shapeless, like water...
www.nz-photo.com

esteban94

11 Aug 2014, 10:55

The X3 seems to be seems to be very promising !!
Any idea of a release date ? (I need to upgrade the design of my website ans the only way is to leard Adobe Muse and work...) :)

VincentCui

18 Aug 2014, 08:44

It looks more and more stunning!

Can't wait to see it!

Thanks for all of your hardworking!
Visual artist -- photographer, film maker.

http://www.vincentcui.co.uk

markam24
Experienced

18 Aug 2014, 22:11

I agree with Katman's choices. Just maybe not as deep so they take up less screen real estate. I've also found this super simple / clean menu recently and grabbed a partial screen recording.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/119 ... -08-18.mov

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

19 Aug 2014, 13:20

Sorry for the long silence ... I have been busy fixing flexible layout- and navigation options, and have not had the possibility to launch intermediate updates because of this. There is some REALLY cool "mega menu" options now, as well as a sidebar layout variation (menu+logo fixed on left/right instead of on top), a new cool flexible footer and a much-improved off-canvas menu (mobile menu). All these layout/nav options have also been made accessible to change on a per-site basis.

I need to wrap up a few things here, and I will have an update out within a week (although not all new cool layout options will be available in demo). After that, I am ready to push to a few sites and see where we stand.

nz-photo
Experienced

22 Aug 2014, 01:18

Now that's a great news Karl !!
Thanks for the right or left menu options, as we talked about, should be cool !
Still caaaaaannnn't wait to see all that running in a beta... :mrgreen:
Empty your mind, be formless, be shapeless, like water...
www.nz-photo.com

Vioto

28 Aug 2014, 08:26

I'm looking forward :)

keep up the good work

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

05 Sep 2014, 13:09

Sorry, just dropping by to leave a note as I am obviously delayed in regards to my last post. Basically finished several new layout options including sidebar, new topbar/dropdown, mega menu, slidemenu option (minimal), new offcanvas (mobile menu) and footer. Finishing off by re-applying styles/skins/fonts to these elements, and I figured I have to unchain X3 somewhat from the current "mjau-mjau" design ... So basically I am redoing some significant styling, and I will have a huge update ready shortly!

eskimo121
Experienced

Some important features

05 Sep 2014, 21:04

I figured if it was gonna take time, might as well add in a couple of features that would make Imagevue a full fledged image display application--

Please try to include features from X2 such as :

1.Slideshow with timer (those 5..4..3..2..1 ticking at the bottom),

2. When image is clicked as "fullscreen" in X3 it only occupies the middle space in screen( example http://mjau-mjau.com/concepts/grid/grid ... :Baise-moi ), however in X2 the pic would enlarge to occupy the whole screen (much better)

3.. When mouse placed on a thumbnail, the pic enlarges and displays a slightly bigger size for clarity. (just like in X2, when mouse placed on scroll strip at bottom bar, it enlarges to show a bigger size pic)

4. Option (a radio button in the admin panel) to Enable/Disable download for Each individual pic or all pics in an album Or All pics on site.

5. Bulk upload ofcourse! (if not already included)

New feature requests:

1. Ability/Option to add php code to header or <head> or inside <body> elements. (sometimes when we buy php scripts such as some Money donation script with paypal button etc, they ask us to copy the code in the <head> and <body> section of the page)

2. If possible, can u make a Report button appear near each pic (thumbnails and even when enlarged) when mouse is moved near it/on the pic, which when clicked brings up a small form with fields "Reason" and "offending link" which when submitted get emailed to webmaster (similar to contact us form).

3. If possible, a "Add Credits" button appears beside the 'report' button where any user (any visitor) can add info about the name/url of the photographer --- This feature can turn X3 from merely a personal photoalbum site to a beautiful wallpaper site.
Thanks.

Bored? Browse through some cool images: Amazing Pictures

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

Re: Some important features

05 Sep 2014, 23:44

I just wanted to answer this quickly ...
eskimo121 wrote:1.Slideshow with timer (those 5..4..3..2..1 ticking at the bottom),
Yes. The slideshow/popup will eventually be extended be several nice features including toggle-play button and timer.
eskimo121 wrote:2. When image is clicked as "fullscreen" in X3 it only occupies the middle space in screen( example http://mjau-mjau.com/concepts/grid/grid ... :Baise-moi ), however in X2 the pic would enlarge to occupy the whole screen (much better)
Not quite sure what you mean here ... When I click the link you refer to and then click fullscreen, the image "fits" into the screen (without cropping), and that should be the default behavior of X2 also ... The variation would/could be that the image scales up to "fill" the entire screen, but this option means parts of the image are cropped by the screen aspect, and can be particularly unfortunate with portrait images on landscape monitors. Are you on some super high-res screen?
eskimo121 wrote:3.. When mouse placed on a thumbnail, the pic enlarges and displays a slightly bigger size for clarity. (just like in X2, when mouse placed on scroll strip at bottom bar, it enlarges to show a bigger size pic)
Sorry, what "thumbnails" are you referring to here? Imagevue X3 does not yet have a thumbnail-scroller in the popup, but I believe that is something we want to add ... As for loading a larger thumbnail on thumbnail-hover I don't know yet, might be a bit overkill? It can be added of course ...
eskimo121 wrote:4. Option (a radio button in the admin panel) to Enable/Disable download for Each individual pic or all pics in an album Or All pics on site.
This will need to be untangled eventually. Of course, enable/disable download could remove any "download" button, and add extra protection from right-click downloads. It cannot protect the image from any advanced users who for example know how to use the "web inspector" in any modern browsers. Also, I don't think we want to add settings on a per-image basis for several reasons ... Global settings and per-folder settings yes.
eskimo121 wrote:5. Bulk upload ofcourse! (if not already included)
Already. The admin is very stripped at the moment, but its already a very capable file manager, including batch-uploading.
eskimo121 wrote:1. Ability/Option to add php code to header or <head> or inside <body> elements. (sometimes when we buy php scripts such as some Money donation script with paypal button etc, they ask us to copy the code in the <head> and <body> section of the page)
Hmmm tough nut. We could easily allow pasting HTML or Javascript (or css for that matter), but PHP? That is a security concern, and needs to be processed before the output files are rendered on server. Need to think how that could be solved ...
eskimo121 wrote:2. If possible, can u make a Report button appear near each pic (thumbnails and even when enlarged) when mouse is moved near it/on the pic, which when clicked brings up a small form with fields "Reason" and "offending link" which when submitted get emailed to webmaster (similar to contact us form).
Never heard of this requirement before, but it can be done. As a UI designer, I would strongly recommend contemplating what options you need, because every UI element pollutes the interface.
eskimo121 wrote:3. If possible, a "Add Credits" button appears beside the 'report' button where any user (any visitor) can add info about the name/url of the photographer --- This feature can turn X3 from merely a personal photoalbum site to a beautiful wallpaper site.
Doable, but not a priority, and comes with complications. The data would need to get stored in the image meta data, and besides, does this mean anyone can add any info to each image? Sounds like it needs an admin interface to manage/edit data that was added. Truth be told, to me this does not sound like you should be using Imagevue for, but instead a database-driven gallery app of sorts ...

eskimo121
Experienced

06 Sep 2014, 03:00

* I forgot to mention about the Search button. Do include it if possible. (Does this need a database?) -- if not, is this of any help? http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/showt ... t-database

2. When image is clicked as "fullscreen" in X3 it only occupies the middle space in screen( example http://mjau-mjau.com/concepts/grid/grid ... :Baise-moi ), however in X2 the pic would enlarge to occupy the whole screen (much better)

Not quite sure what you mean here ... When I click the link you refer to and then click fullscreen, the image "fits" into the screen (without cropping), and that should be the default behavior of X2 also ... The variation would/could be that the image scales up to "fill" the entire screen, but this option means parts of the image are cropped by the screen aspect, and can be particularly unfortunate with portrait images on landscape monitors. Are you on some super high-res screen?

-- Oh nevermind. I guess in the flash X2 the space outside the image was filled with the image border frame and outside it the flash background design...so it did not look as empty/bland as it does with a dark/dimmed/semi-transparent background. Guess it would fill the screen and give the same experience when the zoom buttons are used.

3.. When mouse placed on a thumbnail, the pic enlarges and displays a slightly bigger size for clarity. (just like in X2, when mouse placed on scroll strip at bottom bar, it enlarges to show a bigger size pic)

Sorry, what "thumbnails" are you referring to here? Imagevue X3 does not yet have a thumbnail-scroller in the popup, but I believe that is something we want to add ... As for loading a larger thumbnail on thumbnail-hover I don't know yet, might be a bit overkill? It can be added of course ...

--- Nevermind this too, since the thumbnails are big enough anyway. What i meant was, in the flash pic scrolling strip at the bottom, the pic sizes were small and when you place the cursor over it , it would show an enlarged 'preview' of the pic before you clicked it. Its only useful if the thumbnails are too small.

4. Option (a radio button in the admin panel) to Enable/Disable download for Each individual pic or all pics in an album Or All pics on site.

This will need to be untangled eventually. Of course, enable/disable download could remove any "download" button, and add extra protection from right-click downloads. It cannot protect the image from any advanced users who for example know how to use the "web inspector" in any modern browsers. Also, I don't think we want to add settings on a per-image basis for several reasons ... Global settings and per-folder settings yes.

-- I actually mentioned this from the point of view of a "Photo hosting/showcasing site" where different photographers submit their pics to be included in our site, and we can add the credits (below the pic as an overlay or somewhere in the corner) with their name and link and people would visit their website if they wanted to buy it [ so in a sense, my site would only act as a showcasing site for various photographer submitted photos] and if the photographer chooses to keep it as a free download, I can selectively enable the button for it from the admin panel --> In fact i unwittingly said this with my flash X2 in mind since ppl cant download from flash without the button, but Now realize the X3 is not flash and anyone can download it from the source....However, from a legal standpoint, the site owner can argue that he only allows download of certain free pics (indicated by the download button beside it).

1. Ability/Option to add php code to header or <head> or inside <body> elements. (sometimes when we buy php scripts such as some Money donation script with paypal button etc, they ask us to copy the code in the <head> and <body> section of the page)

Hmmm tough nut. We could easily allow pasting HTML or Javascript (or css for that matter), but PHP? That is a security concern, and needs to be processed before the output files are rendered on server. Need to think how that could be solved ...

--- I'm not sure if its possible to make this php-input from admin console overwrite or add the actual php files in the filemanager/cpanel (literally adding the code in the relevant files by itself) . If not, you could just mention the filenames/file paths along with what they're related to (ex: to modify/add scripts related to the pics, add ur script to /public_html/imagevueX3/styles/xxxx.php To add footer related scripts, add it to /public_html/...../yyyy.php etc) in the admin that need to be manually modified to add any php scripts.

2. If possible, can u make a Report button appear near each pic (thumbnails and even when enlarged) when mouse is moved near it/on the pic, which when clicked brings up a small form with fields "Reason" and "offending link" which when submitted get emailed to webmaster (similar to contact us form).

Never heard of this requirement before, but it can be done. As a UI designer, I would strongly recommend contemplating what options you need, because every UI element pollutes the interface.

--- I meant a report button of this sort http://wallbase.cc/wallpaper/2940947 its at the top right corner which when clicked opens up. Maybe it would look odd if placed beside each thumbnail, but i guess it would look fine if placed near an opened/enlarged pic.

3. If possible, a "Add Credits" button appears beside the 'report' button where any user (any visitor) can add info about the name/url of the photographer --- This feature can turn X3 from merely a personal photoalbum site to a beautiful wallpaper site.

Doable, but not a priority, and comes with complications. The data would need to get stored in the image meta data, and besides, does this mean anyone can add any info to each image? Sounds like it needs an admin interface to manage/edit data that was added. Truth be told, to me this does not sound like you should be using Imagevue for, but instead a database-driven gallery app of sorts ...

--- Yes I meant anyone could add front the front end, and if that sounds like a bad idea, then the possibility that the admin could browse to the pic in the backend admin panel and add the info himself as a Note that would be displayed beside the pic.

In this way I believe Imagevue could be used in multiple ways.
Thanks.

Bored? Browse through some cool images: Amazing Pictures

zorensen

08 Sep 2014, 04:28

This looks simply amazing! Great work with this one.
Of course, I want to update to X3 like yesterday :P

So, when will we be able to get our hands on this?
It looks a lot better than X2, and the preformance in X2 isn't that good :)

Can't wait to upgrade to X3!