X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

Photo Gallery X3.32.0 🐻

12 Sep 2023, 06:04

Photo Gallery X3.32.0 :bear:
PHP 8.2 support, updated Files Gallery with watermarking options, new images sitemap creator and several fixes.
photo.gallery/blog/photo-gallery-x3-32/

How to update?
See docs or simply navigate to X3 Panel > Tools > X3 Updates and click "update now".

sound_and_light
Experienced

Re: Photo Gallery X3.32.0 🐻

07 Oct 2023, 20:56

I'm trying to get the Files Gallery working, but it keeps prompting me for a license key.

I went into the config.php file and uncommented 'root'.  Then I changed it to point to
the content folder :
Code
'root' => 'content',
But when I save the file and view the page again I get this error:

root dir "content" does not exist.

I'm doing this because I read "To be able to use Files Gallery for free with X3, the root config option must point inside the X3 content directory."

Thanks!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

08 Oct 2023, 11:10

sound_and_light wrote:
Code
'root' => 'content',
Please use the following, because content is in parent dir of the Files index.php file:
Code
'root' => '../content',
This should be included in the default config, but the config might not be included if you are upgrading from an older version.

sound_and_light
Experienced

09 Oct 2023, 21:05

That worked.  Do I understand correctly that it's free if I use it in this directory, but I would need a license
to put it in a different folder?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

09 Oct 2023, 23:11

sound_and_light wrote: That worked.  Do I understand correctly that it's free if I use it in this directory, but I would need a license
to put it in a different folder?
That would be correct yes. You can change it to another dir inside content like '../content/gallery', but if you want to point to folders outside of X3's "content", you would need to use the unlicensed version or purchase a license.

sound_and_light
Experienced

06 Nov 2023, 18:45

I'm using the /files/ app.  Most of my folders have square thumbnails imposed over the folder images
for each folder.  How do I add these? Some folders don't have them.  I've looked around but can't see a way to add them.  
I wondered whether it's in the "page.json" file, but I didn't think you'd do it that way.

(P.S.  I could not add a sample because it said I'd added too many characters!)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

06 Nov 2023, 21:34

sound_and_light wrote:I'm using the /files/ app.  Most of my folders have square thumbnails imposed over the folder images
for each folder.  How do I add these? Some folders don't have them.
Files Gallery will add a preview image to all folders that have at least one image directly inside it. It won't add preview images if the folder itself does not contain any images, and it won't look into subfolders to find preview images (too much processing). Does that explain why some folders don't have them? If not, I would need to see a link.

You can't assign preview images manually, because Files Gallery is fully automated and doesn't store options on a per-folder basis. However, you should be able to upload a file _filespreview.jpg, which takes on the role of the folders preview image, without actually becoming visible within the folder's gallery.

I would appreciate if you could post future questions about Files Gallery in the dedicated support:
forum.files.gallery

sound_and_light
Experienced

17 Nov 2023, 18:22

Thanks, Karl