Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

Re: X3 Images Sitemap Creator

30 Sep 2023, 00:30

I am conducting my own tests to see if we are getting images indexed. Apart from this, I must say you have unreasonably high expectations to performance, while at the same time you have very poor image optimization, with most image file names made up from some random text/numbers. How is Google supposed to know what your images are about? Google can't find images on your website, because file names are not actually words and don't represent anything. For example, if I search for an image on your website "site:architekturfoto.de 136-28.2048.jpg", nothing comes up.

If I search for an image on my website (even without using sitemap.xml) "site:mjau-mjau.com cat_people.jpg", the image comes up contained in one if it's parent gallery pages.

What does this tell me? Either Google has not indexed your sitemap and/or it doesn't care for all your image filenames without any context and/or your website simply ranks very low. Personally, I think it's a combination of all three, but I still believe your sitemap.xml has not yet been indexed by Google.

If Google has not yet indexed this forum PAGE "site:forum.photo.gallery x3 images sitemap creator", then what makes you think that your IMAGES, which are much lower ranked, will index any faster?
ed_f wrote:on the other hand my question, for which problem I continued searching, appeared in google less than an hour later, I'd say within minutes!
This comparison is so poor that I'm almost not bothered answering it. As I stated before, this is PAGE SEARCH, while your topic is about IMAGE SEARCH. Two entirely different things. Besides, that website probably ranks 1000000x higher than your website, and Google finds it useful to index pages frequently.

ed_f
Experienced

30 Sep 2023, 07:46

you asked for that example. no need to continue ranting.

I asked quite a few times if naming an image in the "description" field should be fine. does not seem to be the case. so I have to rename the relevant file names, which up to now I didn't bother to do. also because in my storage it would be very unpractical. it must be done on x3, or in a copied version. let's see if that helps.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

30 Sep 2023, 10:41

ed_f wrote:I asked quite a few times if naming an image in the "description" field should be fine.
I don't think I said anything like that. I stated that sitemap.xml will not and can't include any description. The description will however show on the image landing page that the image is linked inside, so it may go along to assist the "context" of the image once Google finds it. It's not a substitution for the file name in any way.

In my opinion, Google just hasn't indexed your images yet. According to the link below, it could easily take 2-3 months or even up to 12 months :/ Yes, seems slow, but what can you do? The more pages and the lower rank your page has, the more time it will take.
https://www.conductor.com/academy/googl ... ing-speed/
ed_f wrote:so I have to rename the relevant file names, which up to now I didn't bother to do. also because in my storage it would be very unpractical. it must be done on x3, or in a copied version. let's see if that helps.
I don't think you must rename your images to get them indexed, I just think it will help to show them higher on results.