Search…

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

Re: X3.31.0 Cart, Breadcrumbs and Files :lion_face:

06 Mar 2023, 08:58

MaciejK wrote: No, it is not working
Next test:
  1. Download latest Files Gallery index.php.
    https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/files.phot ... /index.php
  2. Create and add to new folder in your X3 /files2/index.php.
  3. Test in browser /files2/
Does it work?

MaciejK
Experienced

06 Mar 2023, 10:31

It works. Of course showing no pictures but the file browser opens normally.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

06 Mar 2023, 22:52

MaciejK wrote: It works. Of course showing no pictures but the file browser opens normally.
Ok, so we are slowly getting somewhere, now try this: Download the latest Files Gallery index.php again, but now overwrite the existing /files/index.php in your X3 dir.
https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/files.phot ... /index.php

This will essentially upgrade it from 0.5.7 to 0.7.0, but keep the existing config with login. To me, this looks very much like 0.5.7 is not working for you on iOS, and newer version 0.7.0 does. Why, I don't know, because 0.5.7 works fine on other iOS devices from other locations. 

MaciejK
Experienced

07 Mar 2023, 06:17

We are there! I replaced index.php with newer version and now all is working ok.

By the way, do You have plan to implement un-zip feature in upcoming versions?
It would be handy to extract e.g. after uploading panorama created on marzipano tools.

Great support like usual

Thank You Karl

drzylvon
Experienced

25 Apr 2023, 15:37

Hey Karl, 

Just curious, are you still working on X4 ?

thanks

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

25 Apr 2023, 23:44

drzylvon wrote:Just curious, are you still working on X4 ?
I haven't started work on X4 yet no, but I am busy with a big update of files.gallery, which would be core part of X4 as control panel, and possibly other core features. I will be considering starting X4 soon.

drzylvon
Experienced

29 Apr 2023, 04:31

Thanks, the files foundations seem really good indeed.
Still hot on X4, hoping for continuity with our past convo & the best for your projects.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

12 Sep 2023, 06:12

metallissimus wrote:Another suggestion for your list: Sorting options for the cart. In a proofing situation sorting by name would sometimes make more sense than sorting by order of adding to cart.
This was added in X3.32.0. See release post:
photo.gallery/blog/photo-gallery-x3-32/

I was not 100% sure about adding it, but now it's there under Settings > Plugins > Cart. The sort by name seems a bit strange for cart, because items will get sorted into the middle of the cart while the user adds them, and they might not even find the latest cart item they added because of this. Someone might find it useful in some scenarios.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

12 Sep 2023, 06:27

metallissimus wrote: Is it possible to name these "undefined" labels?
This was fixed in X3.32.0. See release post:

metallissimus
Experienced

13 Sep 2023, 06:50

mjau-mjau wrote:
metallissimus wrote:Another suggestion for your list: Sorting options for the cart. In a proofing situation sorting by name would sometimes make more sense than sorting by order of adding to cart.
This was added in X3.32.0. See release post:

I was not 100% sure about adding it, but now it's there under Settings > Plugins > Cart. The sort by name seems a bit strange for cart, because items will get sorted into the middle of the cart while the user adds them, and they might not even find the latest cart item they added because of this. Someone might find it useful in some scenarios.
Thanks for adding this! I realize now I was a little bit unclear about my idea though: I thought about an option for the user, not in the backend. This way they had a choice and there would arise no confusion.
www.danielbollinger.de – corporate photography
hochzeiten.danielbollinger.de – wedding photography

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

13 Sep 2023, 23:19

metallissimus wrote:Thanks for adding this! I realize now I was a little bit unclear about my idea though: I thought about an option for the user, not in the backend. This way they had a choice and there would arise no confusion.
I believe this is our dialog from earlier:
mjau-mjau wrote:You mean make sort option available to the user? Or as a cart config option? If it's a user option, it could be confusing, since the default sort method is "the order in which you added them to cart" (which is not strictly a sorting method).
metallissimus wrote: I was thinking for the user, but a cart config option would be nice, too. Benefit: No more item that has to be squeezed into the cart interface.
mjau-mjau wrote: "the order in which you added them to cart"
Try fitting that in an options list in the front end, haha.
It could possibly have gone into the frontend, but for me, this just seems very confusing for the user. There would be two options "list alphabetically" and "list on top as items are added to the cart". Although alphabetically might seem logical, when adding items to cart, it's definitely more intuitive to see latest added item on top. I think we would be digging a hole for the user, who will not have the time and patience to understand this sort option, and it clutters the interface further. As noted, I was not convinced about adding it to settings either, but once I got started, I saw no reason to not complete the task ;)

metallissimus
Experienced

14 Sep 2023, 03:03

Oh, so I was clear about that. Sorry, as you can see I actually didn't remember. But I will use this, because as I said, in my use case I think by name does make some sense.
www.danielbollinger.de – corporate photography
hochzeiten.danielbollinger.de – wedding photography

GeoPal
Experienced

14 Sep 2023, 03:03

Sorting in the panel resulting in sorted email output is great /at least for my needs and thank you for that/. Imagine having hundreds of photos and someone chose 50 in a random order, much easier to follow the list (logically) later on.
Keep up the great work!
G