mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

Re: X3 Cart Plugin [under construction] 🚧

15 Jul 2022, 10:23

metallissimus wrote:
Code
  --x3-cart-text-download-filename: 'download'; /* prepend to zip download */
This doesn't seem to work. I downloaded a whole gallery as well as a selection of n photos and the filename didn't contain "download". In the first case it was simply the folder name of the gallery, in the second case "folder name + [n] + some weird numbers".
It only prepends the value of --x3-cart-text-download-filename when the download contains files from different directories, because that's the only time it's required.

1. All images from one folder, dirname.zip.
2. Some images from one folder, dirname[count].datenumber.zip. This is required because the user (or you) may download multiple times different images from the same folder, and we then need to differentiate file names with 1. count (amount of selected files in the download) and 2. download date, to make the filename unique. We can't just use dirname[count].zip, as two different downloads with same amount but different files would return the same file name.
3. Images from multiple dirs (global cart), download[count].datenumber.zip. This is the only case we need to use "download" instead of the directory name, because the download is not from one directory so we need to use a generic name.
metallissimus wrote:Is it possible to force the cart to open with the popup? I think side by side view is absolutely genius, but visitors would need to find out by accident or be told how to find it.
There is no way to force the cart to open ONLY when adding from the popup. There is the option "Automatically show cart": [on any add], which will always display the cart when items are added (also from the popup).
metallissimus wrote:Is it possible to assign keys to the add/remove button in the popup?
Keyboard shortcuts? No, it's just buttons.
metallissimus wrote:Is it possible to customize the icons of the cart buttons?
You can hide them or change color, size etc ... anything that can be done from CSS. You cannot select different icons though. These icons are pre-selected from Google's material design icons, because frankly they look more professional than Font awesome which was included in X3.

You can change the ICON used in the actual cart button (bottom right) because that uses font-awesome, and can be changed to a different icon. I can't really see anything else usable at fontawesome.com/v4/icons though.

metallissimus
Experienced

15 Jul 2022, 13:43

mjau-mjau wrote: It only prepends the value of --x3-cart-text-download-filename when the download contains files from different directories, because that's the only time it's required.
I see, that makes sense.
There is no way to force the cart to open ONLY when adding from the popup.
I'm not sure I understand, maybe I am hitting a language barrier here.
Let me rephrase what I hoped for: Once visitor opens an image in popup, the cart is shown automatically.

About the icon: I am not gonna call it cart, but selection (because I'm gonna use the plugin for proofing, as you probably already gathered). So I'd like to have a somewhat more neutral icon, like a list, star or check mark maybe. If neccessary and possible I am happy to change some code for that (also manually again after updates).
www.danielbollinger.de – corporate photography
hochzeiten.danielbollinger.de – wedding photography

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

16 Jul 2022, 00:24

metallissimus wrote:I'm not sure I understand, maybe I am hitting a language barrier here.
Let me rephrase what I hoped for: Once visitor opens an image in popup, the cart is shown automatically.
You mean you want the cart to open when popup opens, even if the cart is empty?

There is no option that links cart-open to popup-open. It could perhaps be hacked in Javascript by creating a click event for popups, and triggering the cart open function.
metallissimus wrote:About the icon: I am not gonna call it cart, but selection (because I'm gonna use the plugin for proofing, as you probably already gathered). So I'd like to have a somewhat more neutral icon, like a list, star or check mark maybe. If neccessary and possible I am happy to change some code for that (also manually again after updates).
  1. Go to https://fontawesome.com/v4/icons/
  2. Find an icon and click it.
  3. At the top, find where it says something like "Unicode: f00c".
  4. Assign your custom icon using the unicode in Settings > Custom > Custom CSS:
Code
#button_cart:after {
  content: "\f00c";
}

metallissimus
Experienced

19 Jul 2022, 03:53

I have a possible final setup now and I really like it. Thanks again so much for including this amazing feature and your outstanding support!

In case someone wants to take a look, here's my template: https://www.danielbollinger.de/template ... l-galerie/

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

19 Jul 2022, 05:56

metallissimus wrote:In case someone wants to take a look, here's my template: https://www.danielbollinger.de/template ... l-galerie/
Yea, looks nice :sunglasses: Just one thing I noticed: The cart footer with buttons does not stretch 100% of the container, which looked a bit weird. I think it's because some of your custom CSS which is targeting <footer> (like the tag name), which is perhaps meant for the main X3 footer? The "margin: auto;" style is preventing the footer from stretching 100% of container.

metallissimus
Experienced

19 Jul 2022, 06:29

mjau-mjau wrote: The cart footer with buttons does not stretch 100% of the container, which looked a bit weird.
I thought so, too, but I didn't realize my custom CSS was messing it up :D I'll have a look at it. Thanks for pointing that out!

TristanJo
Experienced

31 Jul 2022, 02:10

I love the new update.

Can't you make a PayPal option?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

31 Jul 2022, 04:20

TristanJo wrote:Can't you make a PayPal option?
Can, but ... What happens after user pays? ... nothing, and they just have to wait? Who wants to pay like this? ... And where will the cart get prices from? This means we need option to added prices from panel. Will user be able to add multiple orders [-]2[+] for each item? Special options for each item? Currency? Tax/VAT? Does user need to leave a shipping address? Then you want "success" pages where you write "payment was successful" and other instructions, right? You want X3 to be able to check that payments went through successfully? This requires special server IPN endpoints. Then you want to add orders into a database right?

Unfortunately, most seems to underestimate the tasks of building a successful cart system.