X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

christianch
Experienced
Topic Author

How embed a simple carousel inside a blog

02 Aug 2021, 05:46

Hi karl,

May be the way is obvious, but I didn't find it. 
How create and embed a basic carousel from images loaded and selected inside gallery of  a blog'page?
In my case I just want a link's from an Image e.g "Image 1  seagull " to one carousel with the three images.

ex: https://lepetitbleausard.fr/Bleau/test-carousel/

I set "hide the gallery" because it's appear on the bottom of the page ..... (why ?) ...  I wan't it here but in link with the the "image 1 seagull" 

Thank for your help 
Best Regards

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: How embed a simple carousel inside a blog

02 Aug 2021, 05:58

Your question is not clear. In the link I just see some images and text and no reference to any "carousel". Also, what do you mean carousel? You mean popup where images display large when clicked? Or an actual in-page carousel like this?
christianch wrote:I set "hide the gallery" because it's appear on the bottom of the page ..... (why ?)
Why? Because uploaded images in an X3 folder ALWAYS create a gallery on the page from uploaded images. This is exactly how X3 works. If you don't want to create a gallery from your uploaded images, then you will need to HIDE the gallery.
christianch wrote:How create and embed a basic carousel from images loaded and selected inside gallery of  a blog'page?
X3 will automatically create a gallery from any images uploaded to the page. You can then choose the LAYOUT of the gallery (including the gallery layout option "carousel").

The only other way to create a carousel, would be to use the carousel content plugin (see this page, scroll down to "carousel plugin"), but then you will need to prepare all the html code yourself, and it's not dynamic.
christianch wrote:In my case I just want a link's from an Image e.g "Image 1  seagull " to one carousel with the three images.
It's not clear what you mean "link from an image to one carousel". What do you mean? You want the image to link to a different page with a carousel? Or you want the image to open a POPUP showing other images?

christianch
Experienced
Topic Author

02 Aug 2021, 06:35

The only other way to create a carousel, would be to use the carousel content plugin (see this page, scroll down to "carousel plugin"), but then you will need to prepare all the html code yourself, and it's not dynamic.
That's what I feared .....
Or you want the image to open a POPUP showing other images?
I copy the code from the gallery and past it in my page ....... see the result 
https://lepetitbleausard.fr/Bleau/test-carousel/ 
but is complicated I should see the code trought the console copy and past ...... If I want change the contain of the gallery is the hell

christianch
Experienced
Topic Author

02 Aug 2021, 10:50

Why? Because uploaded images in an X3 folder ALWAYS create a gallery on the page from uploaded images. This is exactly how X3 works. If you don't want to create a gallery from your uploaded images, then you will need to HIDE the gallery.
Of course. this has not escaped me from the beginning, it is a strong point of your application
But how could I put text or other objet ( maps, links, ...) after this Gallery?
this is the background of my subject on this post.

christianch
Experienced
Topic Author

02 Aug 2021, 11:08

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

03 Aug 2021, 01:54

Ok, I understand. In X3 there is only ONE custom "content" section, which can be assigned to display above or below the gallery (carousel). In your screenshot I see content is placed above the carousel, but you also want to place other content below the carousel, correct? Unfortunately, this is not currently possible, because there is only one content section available, but it may be possible in a future release.

I can offer a basic WORKAROUND which allows you to include text content below the carousel. However, this method I have in mind does not allow HTML content (images, formatting etc), just plain text. Let me know!

christianch
Experienced
Topic Author

03 Aug 2021, 04:25

you also want to place other content below the carousel, correct?
Exactly, I'm sorry if I wasn't more specific earlier. 
The workaround would only help me if I could place a frame or href link. 
Based on your answer, I believe this is just plain text.
But, tell me how place some plaintext, it's could be interesting
So, many thanks for this idea. I'll see how to adapt to the context. 

Thanks again for your attention. :thumbsup:

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

03 Aug 2021, 04:35

christianch wrote:But, tell me how place some plaintext, it's could be interesting
The idea is to use CSS :after selector assigned from the page settings > page > advanced > page css
Code
.gallery:after {
  content: 'Add any plain text here ...';
}
You would probably need to add some styles for margins/formatting also.

christianch
Experienced
Topic Author

04 Aug 2021, 03:09

It work well !
Many thanks;