Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

dkfxphotography
Topic Author

Really slow loading pictures / Problem with hidden folders

05 Dec 2012, 10:13

Hey Guys,
I'm having some issues with my website with the images in the gallery pages loading extremely slow. I really like the images to be near full screen size, so I usually upload around 2000x1000 or so and the margin I believe is 10, but the loading has slowed waaaay down.

I know I made some changes but not sure if its' something I did or i'm just at the capacity of the program. I understand it's a bit older, and have thought about upgrading, but if the upgraded version won't fix my issue there's no sense in me doing so. I need all images to load up extremely fast.

here is the site www.dkfxphotography.com

I'm also having an issue with hidden folders showing up as 'blank' or 'grey/white' pictures. I have a hidden folder here, and not only do the pictures load EXTREMELY slow, but my viewers must refresh the page multiple times before the images show up.

www.dkfxphotography.com/#/content/CC/

Any ideas guys? Thanks in advance.

-dan
-dan
- www.dkfxphotography.com
-www.Flickr.com/btmlinedan

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Really slow loading pictures / Problem with hidden folde

06 Dec 2012, 02:36

dkfxphotography wrote:I'm having some issues with my website with the images in the gallery pages loading extremely slow. I really like the images to be near full screen size, so I usually upload around 2000x1000 or so and the margin I believe is 10, but the loading has slowed waaaay down.

I know I made some changes but not sure if its' something I did or i'm just at the capacity of the program. I understand it's a bit older, and have thought about upgrading, but if the upgraded version won't fix my issue there's no sense in me doing so. I need all images to load up extremely fast.
When you say "the loading has slowed waaay down" ... you mean since updating your images to bigger files? Imagevue loads the images in at the capacity of your bandwidth, and it cant even load them slower if it wanted to. I tested your gallery here and could not see that it was specially slow, perhaps a bit below average. If anything, this is a factor somewhere between your internet connection, your server bandwidth, and perhaps also the times of the which affect traffic. As mentioned, I did not experience anything specific, but you would need to consider the speed of your host ... It all comes down to that, because it is not capped by Imagevue in any way.
dkfxphotography wrote:I'm also having an issue with hidden folders showing up as 'blank' or 'grey/white' pictures. I have a hidden folder here, and not only do the pictures load EXTREMELY slow, but my viewers must refresh the page multiple times before the images show up
What do you mean "grey/white" pictures? I checked that link, and I see this:
Again, it seems to load at acceptable speed here, and this is related to the same answer as above anyway. I can't confirm the page not loading, as in something that happened suddenly?

Most importantly though, should you not consider upgrading? You are on version 2.0 release perhaps more than 2 years ago, and now we are on 2.8.6:
https://www.photo.gallery/updatelog/

dkfxphotography
Topic Author

06 Dec 2012, 08:56

thanks for the help, maybe i'll contact Go daddy and see if there is anything they can do on their end. Did the 'hidden' folder load up fine when you pulled them up? Is there anyway for that folder (or any hidden folder) to have a password on it? I'd also like it to start right away with an image and the scrollbar at the bottom opposed to the gridlike form it's showing now.

I'd love to update, but when I go to the update page I get "invalid username or password" error...even though i'm logged in with the correct password. Any ideas?
-dan
- www.dkfxphotography.com
-www.Flickr.com/btmlinedan

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

06 Dec 2012, 23:28

dkfxphotography wrote:Did the 'hidden' folder load up fine when you pulled them up? Is there anyway for that folder (or any hidden folder) to have a password on it? I'd also like it to start right away with an image and the scrollbar at the bottom opposed to the gridlike form it's showing now.
In regards to the "blank page" issue, I would in general just recommend upgrading simply because this might solve it. Adobe Flash even introduced some bugs into a recent release of their players, and we had to fix some things in a recent release:
https://www.photo.gallery/updatelog/imagevue-x2-8-5/
dkfxphotography wrote:I'd love to update, but when I go to the update page I get "invalid username or password" error...even though i'm logged in with the correct password. Any ideas?
The forum access is separate from your original Imagevue account where you login to access Imagevue downloads. You need to locate the original e-mail you received on purchase, or just go to the downloads page and click "forgot password" on the login page. Optionally, I can try to find your original license if you provide me the name/email you may have purchase by ...