Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

spinweb
Topic Author

2004 version not working.

28 Dec 2011, 14:26

Hi all,

Just found an old version of ImageVue I thought I'd use. Moved all the files to my host (powweb.com) who claims to have php and it doesn't work.
Doesn't seem to be creating the thumbnails and whatever else it needs.

Any obvious direction I should look?

Thx!

Rick

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: 2004 version not working.

29 Dec 2011, 08:52

Found? If you are gonna use an Imagevue V1, at least make sure you are using the latest version released. Also, a link would help!

spinweb
Topic Author

29 Dec 2011, 10:02

Fair enough: -removed-

This is a legit copy. I paid $35-$40 for it. Used it for a bit, stopped, then remembered I had it and dug it up on my server.

Please direct to latest copy and I'll update. Maybe that will fix?

Thx!

Rick
Last edited by spinweb on 30 Dec 2011, 09:33, edited 1 time in total.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

29 Dec 2011, 10:17

spinweb wrote:Please direct to latest copy and I'll update. Maybe that will fix?
Yes, it is possible. I have sent you a private message ...

spinweb1

14 Jul 2013, 22:27

My ISP says that they have the GD2 PHP extension on their server. I tried setting the
permission level to 777 (all) and the files are all named IMG_XXXX.JPG (standard iPhone image naming),
yet when I use the admin console to create thumbnails, all error out.

Is there any way to find out what error is being thrown? The console just says "error".

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

15 Jul 2013, 03:07

This original thread is a bit old. Are we still talking about Imagevue V1 here, or did you upgrade to X2? I am guessing that you did not resize image prior to uploading, and they are too large for the server to be able to resize them. Got link and login to your admin so I can take a look?

spinweb1

15 Jul 2013, 12:39

Bingo. I see that a few images, the ones that are smaller, do have thumbnails. (e.g., #73).
Since I want to keep the big size when taking my photos, what do you recommend? Do
people use a Photoshop macro ("action") to auto resize them all before uploading?

I wish there was a way to reorient the photos that were taken in portrait orientation in
the interface. By default, they get forced to landscape. I'd imagine I can also create a
secondary Photoshop action on all the portrait images.... just want to make the process
as simple as possible.

http://webinfinity.biz/imagevue-test/admin/ How do I change my admin password?

Thank you!

Eric

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

16 Jul 2013, 03:09

Still Imagevue V1 I see, which is basically outdated as we moved further progress to Imagevue X2.
spinweb1 wrote:Bingo. I see that a few images, the ones that are smaller, do have thumbnails. (e.g., #73).
Since I want to keep the big size when taking my photos, what do you recommend? Do
people use a Photoshop macro ("action") to auto resize them all before uploading?
If you were using Imagevue X2, you could resize images as they are uploaded online (it does not change your local high-res versions). Generally we do not recommend very large images for the imagevue web application ... why would you need that? They are scaled down to fit within an average 1280px screen anyway, so its just a waste of bandwidth and slow loads from the visitors perspective. For you, I would make a COPY of the folder of the images you are going to use, and then resize images in the copied folder either with a photoshop batch or any other resizer tool. As mentioned, in X2 this is done transparently on upload event.
spinweb1 wrote:I wish there was a way to reorient the photos that were taken in portrait orientation in
the interface. By default, they get forced to landscape. I'd imagine I can also create a
secondary Photoshop action on all the portrait images.... just want to make the process
as simple as possible.
You can rotate images in Imagevue X2. Normally, your image meta-data from the camera alongside the program that imports the photos, should be handling correct orientation of your photos. This is not something you should have to rely on a web application for, certainly not Imagevue V1.
spinweb1 wrote:http://webinfinity.biz/imagevue-test/admin/ How do I change my admin password?
Open the file admin/passwords.php

spinweb1

16 Jul 2013, 13:04

Thanks! Due to competing demands on available funds, I need to stick with my current version
for the time being.

Please tell me which folder/file needs additional permissions when I try to save text in the
admin console (for an image description) and it tells me "Error: You don't have permission to save
to this folder."

Best Regards,

Eric

spinweb1

17 Jul 2013, 10:57

I'm logged in as an admin and still I'm getting this: "You don't have the permission to save for this folder". It also says "Current user is restricted to imagefolder."
When I used this in the past it was very easy, none of these permissions, etc. issues. I've read through the posts here on this and I see no clear explanation of what's going on and how to fix it.

How can an admin not be able to save text descriptions? :(

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

18 Jul 2013, 01:46

spinweb1 wrote:I'm logged in as an admin and still I'm getting this: "You don't have the permission to save for this folder". It also says "Current user is restricted to imagefolder."(
Try setting folder permissions similar as to explained here https://www.photo.gallery/documentation/sett ... rmissions/. Either your server changed, or you moved files from one server to another and got problems with file permissions.
spinweb1 wrote:When I used this in the past it was very easy, none of these permissions, etc. issues. I've read through the posts here on this and I see no clear explanation of what's going on and how to fix it.
I am not sure how this was easier before. Imagevue V1 was created first in 2004, and its not like we updated it recently to not work. We moved on to Imagevue X2 years ago. Something with your server or migration.

spinweb1

18 Jul 2013, 16:36

Either your server changed, or you moved files from one server to another and got problems with file permissions.
I downloaded the most recent version we spoke about originally, only a few weeks ago. v1.8x and pushed it to my ISP's server.
My host is Powweb. From what I can see they set the permissions correctly in the first place.
Try setting folder permissions similar as to explained here https://www.photo.gallery/documentation/sett ... rmissions/.
Per your post, all folders in my content directory are set at 777. All other folders are set to 755. The changes are "sticking" as they
show correctly the next time I log in.

If you tell me the specific files related to writing text descriptions I can make sure the permissions are set correctly on those.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

19 Jul 2013, 02:20

I would need to see a link to your gallery, because to be honest I am not sure what files it is attempting to write to at the point of error you are referring to. As mentioned, this version was abandoned many years ago, for the benefit of adding improvements to a new version.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

19 Jul 2013, 02:25

mjau-mjau wrote:I would need to see a link to your gallery, because to be honest I am not sure what files it is attempting to write to at the point of error you are referring to. As mentioned, this version was abandoned many years ago, for the benefit of adding improvements to a new version.
Sorry, I had the link already from above. It seems to me that the login you are using is restricted to a specific image folder, and this may in fact be the reason it cant save, regardless of permissions.

You need to look inside your FTP /admin/passwords.php
Code
$data['guest'] = 'guest';
//$data['admin_password_here'] = '*';
What is the current login password for your admin?

spinweb1

20 Jul 2013, 22:25

$data['rigor@13'] = 'rigor@13';

Do I need to specify a path?