Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

dkgrindrod
Topic Author

Control of folder access

11 Sep 2010, 17:15

I have purchased the software and it is really cool and just what I have been looking for. I have installed X2 version but struggling to find a way to control access and hide different folders. I can possibly use .htaccess files and also create different paths but it would be good if this could be included or if someone could inform me how to do it within the software.

One bug is that with _altimage set in the settings it is not possible to download when there is no _altimage dirtory. It would be good that it downloads the lower resolution if the _altimage option is set.

Good product none the less.

David

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

13 Sep 2010, 08:48

We have passwords scheduled for next release, so you can set passwords for separate folders ...

Currently, you need to either use .htaccess to protect folders, or simply set the to "hidden" and link to them for private users who you want to show the link. For example:
gallery/#/content/hidden-holder/

As for the _altimage option, I hear what you are saying. Having an option to automatically detect this however, would require that we load the image through PHP so we can detect if the altimage exists or not ...