Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

macgav
Topic Author

Where is slideshow.swf?

20 Aug 2010, 12:37

Hi
I've bought imagevue 2.1.8 this morning and it is already configured and working on my site as photoalbum (several images and folders). :D

Now I would like to insert into the homepage a slideshow related to a specific image folder.

I've read FAQs, Forum and documentation, I've also saw your demos about it, but...

The question is: where is slideshow.swf file???
in the ZIP downloaded is not present.

Should I take it from version 1? Or I've to call imagevue2 used for the photoalbum with some specific parameters??

Help, please :wink:

macgav
Topic Author

22 Aug 2010, 07:41

doesn't matter... :roll:
I've discovered by myself that slideshow is inside the Imagevue V1 ZIP.
Frankly speaking the documentation is not so good as the app.

BTW, can someone explain me (or give me a link to it) how to integrate (merge) V1 (for the part about slideshow) and X2 folders in a unique tree structure?
thanks

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

23 Aug 2010, 07:44

macgav wrote:doesn't matter... :roll:
I've discovered by myself that slideshow is inside the Imagevue V1 ZIP.
Frankly speaking the documentation is not so good as the app.
Yes, sorry about that. The current site is a mixup of old docs and new docs. We are releasing a new clean website within a week or two, with improved docs!
macgav wrote:BTW, can someone explain me (or give me a link to it) how to integrate (merge) V1 (for the part about slideshow) and X2 folders in a unique tree structure?
thanks
Not 100% sure what you want to achieve here. I wouldnt recommend trying to merge Imagevue V1 into Imagevue X2 - I don't see the point? In Imagevue X2, there is a "slideshow" file already integrated ... Meaning you can set a folder (for example the startpage) to simply slide through a few images.

Perhaps you can explain what you are trying to achieve?

macgav
Topic Author

24 Aug 2010, 09:15

I've a imagevuex2 photoalbum correctly working and configured. OK!

Then I need a slideshow included in the HTML home page (inside a 200x150px DIV).

I set an image folder as slideshow and I run it by Imagex2.
I've made a specific INI file about it (to hide main menu, thumbs, controls etc), but they are always displayed.
You know... in a 200x150px slideshow it's too much stuff... :roll:
I reasonably made something wrong but it is a pain to find it by myself.

I studied all of your examples and demos, but they are all related to slideshow.swf/php
None example of slideshow using imagevuex2 (at least found be me ;-) )

therefore it was simplier for me to install separately imagevuex2 (as photoalmbum) and Slideshow.swf (linking to imagevuex2's Content\ folder).
Ugly, but working.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

29 Aug 2010, 02:22

Let me get you right - You are trying to embed an Imagevue V1 slideshow into a html, so technically this has nothing to do with Imagevue X2 ...

So what I don't understand, is you are looking for "an example of slideshow using imagevuex2". What "slideshow" do you mean? There is a slideshow module in Imagevue V1, but that don't just work with Imagevue X2 as they are separate software entities. You could possibly set up the imagevue V1 complete files, and THEN use your slideshow (from imagevue V1) to target the same folders as you have in Imagevue X2 (but the programs will run entirely separate and unrelated)

So basically you have your Imagevue X2 gallery working, and a slideshow from Imagevue V1 not working? You would have to make sure you have both Imagevue V1 adn Imagevue X2 set up at least ... I could look at it if you give me a link, so I can see where we are at at least ...

Another option, is to use another slideshow module we have created(but not released public), that you can "hook" up to Imagevue X2 folders. It is very basic, but I would have to guide you on setting it up ...