Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

jamyshaw
Topic Author

Changing image description font

15 Aug 2010, 07:08

Hi,

I'm having problems changing the font for the image descriptions. You can see an example here http://www.jamesshaw.co.nz/#/content/Ed ... 0Maude.jpg

I am refering to the descriptive text on the left hand side that is currently tiny and serif times new roman?? (This is for the X2 gallery)

I have tried changing the CSS stylesheet under text_1 and text_2 and even tried adding a text_3, although it didn't allow me to save it. I have tried popping "font-family: "standard 07_53";" under the general sections, i.e. ".text_1 {" and specific sections such as ".text_1_description {".

For the life of me I can't figure out how to change this font, font size and colour?

Please help! Thanks in advance.

James.

jamyshaw
Topic Author

19 Aug 2010, 03:51

Anyone? Hopefully this should be an easy CSS fix? Should I be posting this in the X2 section? There doesn't seem to be anywhere to pop it though?

Thanks! :)

SofTones
Experienced

20 Aug 2010, 09:16

Jamy boy, I dunnow, but looks like you should be in "Themes -> (the theme you're using) -> Edit " and maybe you can play with fonts and things there ?? you can also play with what style-sheet you use... copy the theme and play, then rename it when saving it so you don't cock-up the theme you have as 'standard' know wad I mean, pal ?? Hope someone who knows more can see your S.O.S. flag !!!!!!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Changing image description font

23 Aug 2010, 08:14

jamyshaw wrote:Hi,

I'm having problems changing the font for the image descriptions. You can see an example here http://www.jamesshaw.co.nz/#/content/Ed ... 0Maude.jpg

I am refering to the descriptive text on the left hand side that is currently tiny and serif times new roman?? (This is for the X2 gallery)

I have tried changing the CSS stylesheet under text_1 and text_2 and even tried adding a text_3, although it didn't allow me to save it. I have tried popping "font-family: "standard 07_53";" under the general sections, i.e. ".text_1 {" and specific sections such as ".text_1_description {".

For the life of me I can't figure out how to change this font, font size and colour?

Please help! Thanks in advance.

James.
You mean this text?
I think it is working from here, because I have this font INSTALLED on my macbook.

This is a special situation, because you are in fact using a font that is EMBEDDED into Imagevue. Normally, you can only use fonts that are installed on users computers (just like in HTML). There are some complications with this font, because it has to be EMBEDDED within the code explicitly in actionscript(flash) wherever it is used. This is somewhat handled by Imagevue, but I am not certain it is flawless everywhere. One thing is sure - Unlike "normal" fonts, which inherit from the main .body class, this font needs to be set explicitly everywhere it is used. I checked your CSS stylesheet:

http://www.jamesshaw.co.nz/imagevue/the ... agevue.css

Isn't this left part of your description? Yet in your CSS files I see they do not have explicitly defined font:
Code
.text_1_description {
}
.text_2_description {
}
It may help, but I am not sure. Another thing - When using this font, you can't use text-formatting like bold or italic, because the fonts for this are not embedded!

If I was you, I would consider using a standardized font for these text areas, and then you can even apply html formatting. For example "Lucida Grande" or "Tahoma" look quite nice at small size ... This is what we did with the default Imagevue themes that use the embedded font that you are using. We integrated another standard font for textpages, and where there are longer texts ...