Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

astralbaby
Topic Author

new install - Running

19 Jun 2010, 01:57

My client purchased this excellant script.. I have uploaded a flv.. and i am trying to embed this into the home page of my site.. i have played with the sample embed html.. and called the flv with correct path.. but no dice...

what could i be missing.

i created a folder called video, and uploaded the flv.. and plays correctly in backend.. but.. how the heck do i get it to play in imbedded code on my home page? Please please help me..

much thanks in advance..

btw.. i edited the html in embedded example html.. before i edited, my gallery would show correctly.. but i changed the swf to the one i would liked displayed.. just a black screen..

:(

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

19 Jun 2010, 13:32

You cant currently EMBED and FLV file into a textpage, or even load it as a filemod. Why? Because Flash by default does not play FLV files, but they are only played if they are loaded into an FLV player. This is how it works for videos in the gallery folder - When they are loaded, they are loaded into the FLV player ...

We hope to release an FLV player mod in the next release of Imagevue X2, so that you can have a video as an intro.

Not quite sure about what SWF you changed in the example.html. Something separate you created? I would need a link to diagnose anyway ...

astralbaby
Topic Author

19 Jun 2010, 16:11

I understand now. Do you have a standalone player? Is there a way to use imagevue's player by it self on a html page?

SofTones
Experienced

20 Jun 2010, 01:15

I have a free .flv player, and a small Java script to embed it and call it... it's a very small RAR file, give me your email address and I'll mail it to you ????

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

20 Jun 2010, 19:02

astralbaby wrote:I understand now. Do you have a standalone player? Is there a way to use imagevue's player by it self on a html page?
There are several free FLV players out there ... Just search "FLV player" in google ... You would have to embed your FLV into a html page, and add this html page to the gallery as a file.

Optionally, if you own Adobe Flash, you can import an FLV into the native player, and export as SWF. Then you could load it as a normal SWF into Imagevue as a filemod.