Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mahsidi
Topic Author

Best Alt-image size

14 Apr 2010, 15:10

Hi,

whats the best image size to view on the gallery.

Im going to have my original images in _altimage folder. So i was wondering whats the best size/aspect ratio for me to convert the originals so that they are easy to view in gallery

Thank you

so im after

resize size: ??
format: ??

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

15 Apr 2010, 03:16

There is no strict answer to this question, but in my opinion, you should use high-quality(low compression) JPG files at perhaps 1024px(long side).

1024px is big enough so visitors on modern 17-19" LCD screen will see nice big versions of your photo. Leaving the JPG at high quality/low compression (for example 90 or higher in photoshop) will leave the picture nice and crisp, and hard to distinguish from the original. Using the JPG format however, will optimize the size of the image so it is fast-loading from internet connections.

Optionally, if you are VERY concerned with quality, you could use PNG24(lossless), but this will make your files sizes about 2-3 times bigger than with JPG, and provide almost no visible difference.

If you want incredibly fast-loading gallery, you could of course make images smaller (640px long side) but I think that is too small if you want visitors to really experience your photos.