Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

webmaker
Topic Author

Flash integration and missing thumbnailscroller

28 Jan 2010, 20:08

Hei all!

I'm new here, and have searched the forums without any luck.

Although I have many questions regarding flash integration of imagevuev2, one pressing problem has me stumped.

I have more or less successfully loaded imagevuev2 into an existing movieclip, but with no combination of settings am I able to get the thumbnailscroller to show up. It seems to me that it disappears below the movieclip.

I would actually like the thumbnailscoller to overlap the bottom part of the images in a slideshow.

How can I acheive this? Which settings do I change to place the thumbnailscroller relative to image?

Thanks in advance for any help!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

29 Jan 2010, 02:32

Unfortunately things are a little more complex than that ... This forum "html and flash integration" is really for Imagevue V1. Because of the nature of Imagevue X2(full stage, 100%), there are a few limitations as to how you can integrate it into another flash file:

#1 You should be using Stage.align = "TL" the same as imagevue X2, or positioning and alignments will be wrong.

#2 You need to make sure your movieclip where X2 is loading, is set to coordinates 0,0 (as well as using the TL setting above). Failure to do this, and the gallery will be mis-aligned vertically or hoizontally.

#3 You need to set Stage.scaleMode = "noScale" so that your gallery isnt scaling. This needs to be set to be compatible with the positioning/scaling logics of imagevue X2

#4 There are a few more possible pitfalls, like actionscript compatibility AS2, and non-interfering action script codes/classes.

webmaker
Topic Author

29 Jan 2010, 03:14

Thank you for the quick response!

My problem was that my including movieclip was, in fact, not at 0,0 but offset vertically to make room for the logo and site navigation of my site along the top...

The other points of your reply were set correctly.

I have moved the movieclip to 0,0 and resized the images so that my logo/site navigation are visible and yes! the thumbnailscroller appears at the bottom!

However, the problem now is the main menu. If there is a way to push it down vertically or move it to the right side. A top-margin value similar to the left-margin value perhaps?

Thanks again!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

01 Feb 2010, 08:47

You cant move it to the right, but you can increase the margin form the top when the menu is open (Of course, it will still collapse into top left corner, unless you set it to always display).

You can set vertical margin by going to admin -> themes -> edit your theme -> menu.mainmenu.vertical_menu ...

webmaker
Topic Author

03 Feb 2010, 18:18

Perfect!

Thank you again!