Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

kabeck@compro.net
Topic Author

Problems with gallery view

17 Nov 2009, 17:50

Hello.

Just purchased X2 and I like it very much !! good job !!

However I have my site set up for our booster club and now see problems with the preview of images.

Some of the previews are just a text with jpg in it and the others show the thumbnail correctly. I looked at the size and it looks like most are under 1.5mb. Also some of the larger files DO show the thumbnail so I do not think it is a issue with size.

Also tried to clear cache and rebuild / rebuild all but no change. IV should be latest x2 load as I DL it two days ago.

The site is http://harborcityvideo.com/#/content/LE ... T_11_2009/

I used FTP to put the files into the web then did a recreate all missing etc... I am a little lost now...

Thanks in advance to all.

Keith

kabeck@compro.net
Topic Author

Tried cache clear

17 Nov 2009, 19:02

Just saw a post about the same time.

I did try the clear cache in Admin and then in browseer with no change??

Thanks,
Keith

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

18 Nov 2009, 06:08

I believe some images are just too big to be processes using your current server memory restriction. Also 1.5mb for jpeg.. Are you uploading directly from camera?

You need to pre-size them to reasonable dimensions and filesize.

Actually when I'm writing this your gallery doesn't work, /content folder is missing. Did you change something recently?
firedev.com

kabeck@compro.net
Topic Author

18 Nov 2009, 15:36

Thanks for the reply.

I just deleted all the images and ftp'ed the files back up and then did an ADMIN cache clear and a rebuild all thumbs and now it is better. So, I do not know why yet but will try to look for a pattern. I did use Adobe camera raw and placed them into a folder before using FTP. This time I let dreamweaver do it and it worked???????

Will see if I can duplicate and get an answer or pattern. Might be a bad jpg or something.......

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

21 Nov 2009, 23:49

Either they just corrupted or too big. But in any case, 1.5mb per image is not normal.
firedev.com