Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

arassimo
Topic Author

Thumbnail with false click??

25 Aug 2009, 04:49

I want to have a gallery that has thumbnails that are not opened when clicked, just with text mouse over. Also if this is done by config, can I set different attribute for each gallery.

like I have links like this:

INFO

GALLER1 --- 10 IMAGES THAT CAN VIEWED WHEN CLICKED ON THUMBNAILS

GALLER2 --- 10 IMAGES THAT CANNOT BE VIEWED WHEN CLICKED JUST WITH DESCRIPTION MOUSE OVER

CONTACT

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

26 Aug 2009, 04:03

Unfortunately, that is not possible as the the thumbnail "click" setting is global for the entire gallery.

The only way you could possibly set that up, would be to set it to LINK, and set custom links for all thumbnails. Some would just go to "#"(nowhere), while you may set some to go to the image "#/content/folder/image.jpg". This is obviously a very awkward method, and not recommended.

jeff

18 Oct 2009, 07:37

hi, thats what im searching for,
but when i use "#" as link then a new browser-tab appears with http://www.mysite/undefined

any idea?

thx!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

19 Oct 2009, 09:17

Sorry, I found some small bug in the code. This has now been fixed, and will be available for next release. You can get the latest SWF here:
www.photo.gallery/soda/imagevue/imagevue2.swf
Right-click and choose save-as ... Make sure you clear your cache before downloading, then overwrite your own imagevue/imagevue2.swf.

Now all "internal links", eg. those beginning with "#", are treated as internal links by default,and won't open any external window. That is of course unless you use "*_BLANK" to open a specific internal link in a new window. See following LINK examples:
Code
"#/content/pictures1/" - Goes to pictures1 in same window
"#/content/pictures1/*_SELF" - Goes to pictures1 in same window
"#/content/pictures1/*_BLANK" - Goes to pictures1 in NEW window
Some of you may know, that by default LINK events open in _blank browser window. However, with internal links default behavior is opening in _self window because internal links will in most cases but used for that specific reason - Internal linking in same window.

twholm

20 Oct 2009, 16:35

mjau-mjau wrote:Sorry, I found some small bug in the code. This has now been fixed, and will be available for next release. You can get the latest SWF here:
www.photo.gallery/soda/imagevue/imagevue2.swf
Right-click and choose save-as ... Make sure you clear your cache before downloading, then overwrite your own imagevue/imagevue2.swf.

Now all "internal links", eg. those beginning with "#", are treated as internal links by default,and won't open any external window. That is of course unless you use "*_BLANK" to open a specific internal link in a new window. See following LINK examples:
Code
"#/content/pictures1/" - Goes to pictures1 in same window
"#/content/pictures1/*_SELF" - Goes to pictures1 in same window
"#/content/pictures1/*_BLANK" - Goes to pictures1 in NEW window
Some of you may know, that by default LINK events open in _blank browser window. However, with internal links default behavior is opening in _self window because internal links will in most cases but used for that specific reason - Internal linking in same window.
PERFECT!!! Now I can rebuild the entire site for a model agency with 150 models with imagevueX. cant wait to drop the totaly manual production and publishing- thanks for the respons :-)
Thomas Wilhelm Holm