Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

blueloyal
Topic Author

WHAT IMAGE SIZE DO I USE??????

30 Jul 2009, 11:53

Hi guys,

I'm trying to keep all the images I put up in a consistent size. I started off by making the length 800 pixels and have played around with the margins but there is still a fairly noticeable difference in size with some images.

I would really appreciate any insight

thanks...

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

31 Jul 2009, 04:25

I believe this might be related to height, by default Imagevue tries to fit whole image on the screen.

You can read more here:

https://www.photo.gallery/v2docs/articles/scalemethods
firedev.com

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: WHAT IMAGE SIZE DO I USE??????

03 Aug 2009, 09:07

blueloyal wrote:I'm trying to keep all the images I put up in a consistent size. I started off by making the length 800 pixels and have played around with the margins but there is still a fairly noticeable difference in size with some images.
Well, I think 800px length is generally a good choice. Of course, everything depends on various factors, like the size of the screen from where the gallery is being viewed, and also the aspect of the picture. Since almost all screens are landscape, and these days also widescreen, then of course landscape pictures display much better on general computer screens. Portrait pictures are often sized down a lot as to fit their height within the stage height.

Depending on the screen from which the gallery is being viewed, Imagevue often scales down the image to fit within minimal margins. There are settings in the config to change the margins, so that for example your image takes the entire height or width of the stage and are displayed more optimally, but then they would overlap controls and you may have to disable some controls(which is in fact a viable option).