Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

willing
Topic Author

Displaying a gallery/slideshow within an html page

11 Jun 2009, 22:28

Hello

I don't seem to be making much progress looking at documentation (when will the x2 site be up?) but wondering how I can get a gallery to appear like below

http://www.luscenic.com/galleries/#/content/Galleries/

ie. without the menu, just a specified gallery within a web page.

can anyone help?

Thank you very much

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

12 Jun 2009, 06:52

mmm, thats a good question and something we are working on. Unfortunately, the main menu is part of the main configuration/settings, and you can ´t have multiple configurations across multiple links. The only way to do that right now, would be to have multiple gallery installations.

I can assure you, we are working on a new admin, where this feature will be available.

willing
Topic Author

12 Jun 2009, 06:55

Thanks.

Can you explain what you mean by "have multiple gallery installations"?

And how did the link I provide do it?

Thanks

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

12 Jun 2009, 08:50

Well, because the ultimate solution would be either:

lusceninc.com/galleries/?showmenu=false#/content/folder/
or
lusceninc.com/galleries/?config=menuless#/content/folder/

Unfortunately, Imagevue does not support that URL parameter, or the config URL parameter. If it did, you could have another configuration file with the menu disabled. Therefore, since that is currently not possible, you would have to create an entirely new folder with imagevue and the image folders - I don ´t think that is a good option.

As mentioned, we are already working on a new interface which will support such features - viewtopic.php?t=5226

gadgetologist
Experienced

12 Jun 2009, 12:25

willing wrote:Thanks.
And how did the link I provide do it?

Thanks
I can tell you the solution is very much handmade and certainly is not in a state where it could be installed and operated in a easy fashion by a user without a certain amount of technical knowledge (html, css, PHP, Javascript, Apache). It's quite nice, yes, but if one did not recognize this was not a custom solution, than I suspect they may not have the necessary skills to replicate.

--G