Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

kleber
Topic Author

email Setup

20 May 2009, 07:06

I'm new to PHP and Flash coding, so I'm trying to set my contact form email receiver uncussessfully. Is there ant tutorial to set it up ?
I set email configuration with my email address, supposed to receive such contact form. But when I click on SEND buttom nothing happens... seems to me that I need to set any other script or somehing like that, but i didn't found it. Can you Help me ?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

21 May 2009, 02:05

Unless you are running your own server, it should "just work". IF you have your own server, then you would have to set up email first I guess. I am not familiar with setting up this, but perhaps pain is ...

Do you have a link btw?

kleber
Topic Author

21 May 2009, 19:29

Karl,

I'm using a local provider, not myself server. When i went to contact form it seems to be ok, but when you try to click nothing happens. Looking at imagevue docs I found a setup text (https://www.photo.gallery/v2docs/articles/sendemail) but nothing... I tried to edit contactform and contact at template folder.. nothing ... i do know what else I need to do... my site is www.kcmelo.com/cadu .. thanks for your help.

kleber
Topic Author

21 May 2009, 22:22

Karl,
Itried everything a know... nothing ! So, as i have a little time to get it working, i use temporarily a external form link as my contact form (was impossible to me to include internaly on imagevue as part of its flash). I have duplicated my site to www.kcmelo.com/cadu_v2 to still working on it and solve this issue. You could help on this new site and if you want to do some internal test you can use my admin user and pw admin .

Thanks

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

22 May 2009, 02:24

I checked the admin, and couldn't log in ... So perhaps you can provide me with your admin login?

I can see immediately that the server doesn't even support the GD2 extension used to resize images into thumbnails. My guess is that the server isn't even set up to use an emailer.

Why not open the contact form in a new window, so it doesn't disrupt the gallery experience? Just add your link like this:
Code
imagevue/contact/form.php*_blank

kleber
Topic Author

22 May 2009, 22:08

Karl,

did you try to login at www.kcmelo.com/cadu_v2 ? Anyway, user = Admin password = Admin .

I will check to my local provider to ensure that I can send email from there , also I will test later your suggestion.

Thanks

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

23 May 2009, 09:39

I tried again today, as you have added the "contact" form again. It simply says: "email disabled" when I try to send an email. This is your server settings, so I suggest you ask your server provider.