Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

phall
Topic Author

images out of sequence

20 Feb 2009, 01:57

My jpeg files are uploaded and named numerically (001, 002, 003, 004, etc) in the order I wish to see them and have them listed as thumbnails and in the slideshow-- yet the thumbnails of them are display completely randomly, image number 006 is first in the thumbnail list, then is fllowed by say jpeg image 002, then 005, etc. Completely randomly. Imagevue used to list the files in order 001 first 002 second, etc, Now its just pure chaos. Erasing the files and re-uploading them does not help. Alternate numberiings do not help. The Admin module 'previews' the jpegs-- in the correct order. But when you go to my site, the jpegs are organized in a random order. How do I get Imagevue to simply display the jpegs in the order I name them, with --1 being seen first, followed by 002, etc. It used to do this, but no ore, And it seems impossible to get it to to work. Your help is greatly appreciated

phall
Topic Author

20 Feb 2009, 03:56

Its unbelievably remarkably mind boggling that something so simple is absolutely impossible, so it seems. My entire presentation is useless as the images are in completely random order, and make no sense. I have no control over how to do something as simple as decide what order files will be see in. PLEASE someone tell me there is an easy fix to this! Many thanks!

phall
Topic Author

20 Feb 2009, 04:27

wanted to clarify:
In the Admin module, the slideshow preview shows everything in the order its listed, in the correct order, in the order that I want. When I go to the website, the order does not match this: it is random.
It is not anything to do with the config.ini file
or the order that they were uploaded: all tested, all correct.
I can't believe the server is doing it, and there must be some manner in Imagevue to address something this basic. Please advise, and many thanks for your help
http://www.lovebrain.net/paintings

carter2
Experienced

20 Feb 2009, 06:00

is that the correct link? that looks like imagevue V1

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

23 Feb 2009, 05:22

Keep in mind, in your config you have set Data Ascending for sorting method:
http://www.lovebrain.net/paintings/temp ... config.ini

They will sort by date, not by name ...