Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Chinobli
Topic Author

Thumbnails -> no more aspect ratio?

30 Dec 2008, 20:11

I noticed that in "new" (read: later) version of Imagevue Gallery thumbs are no longer created with the same aspect ratio.

I have all pics resized in 640 x 360 so it will fit the exact size of the gallery module. That's a 2:1.125 ratio. Now in the old version (before >1.7) the thumbs were created with the same ratio, creating a (white) edge on top and below the thumbnail image, which itself has a 1:1 ratio. So the actual "picture part" of the thumb, was an exact scaled-down version of the larger image.

Now in 1.7 that whole 1:1 ratio is used to display the picture. So the thumbs are no longer exact representations of the larger image (the sides get chopped off).

Is there anyway to alter this behavior or do I have to, what I have done so far, is let the old version create the thumbs, then upload these thumbs into the later version.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

02 Jan 2009, 01:34

You can set the thumbnails however you like. It's only in the default version there is a set aspect/size as to make thumbnails flow nicely in the thumbnails page.

Go to admin -> config -> thumbnails.thumbnail.resizetype ... Seth this option to "resizetobox" and it will always keep the original aspect ratio. Then use the "boxwidth" and "boxheight" parameters to set the limits that you want your thumbnails to be resized within. For example, if you set 100 and 100, you will get landscape thumbnails 100x56, while portrait thumbnail may be 56x100(depending on original aspect of course).

pjmbi

concerning aspect ratio

25 May 2009, 08:23

this is concerning the thumbs, the thumbs are generated automatically according to a default setting. no problems there.

there is also the description that pops up on mouse over, in the case of excessive text ( friends requesting assistance with their sites will always put my skills to the test in one way or the other)

especially with the thumbs on the top row the description pop up can partially disappear from view when activated.

Is the a way to make the description text pop-up window (colored black with default theme) stretch sideways to allow for more text?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

25 May 2009, 09:56

hmm, you mean the tooltip that appears when rolling over the thumbnails? Currently that only displays text above the image. There is a setting though to increase the available WIDTH so that it stretches horizontally instead of vertically. Go to admin -> settings -> thumbnails.tooltip.maxwidth ... Change the value from 200, to something much higher ...

pjmbi

25 May 2009, 11:35

Hello and thx for fast reply;
mjau-mjau wrote:hmm, you mean the tooltip that appears when rolling over the thumbnails?
yes
Currently that only displays text above the image. There is a setting though to increase the available WIDTH so that it stretches horizontally instead of vertically.
was looking for that in admin
Go to admin -> settings -> thumbnails.tooltip.maxwidth ... Change the value from 200, to something much higher ...
my admin has the item named Thumbnails -> has 4 options ->

1. thumnails
2. thumbnail
3. thumbnailscroller
4. tooltip

option tooltip allows me to config the following;

1. select - enable (select or not)
2. select - items (name, title, date, descr.)
3. interval - set value for delay
gonna make one heck of a tutorial for this flash gallery one day .....

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

26 May 2009, 04:23

sorry, its actually a theme settings. Go to admin -> themes -> edit your theme -> thumbnails.tooltip.maxwidth

pjmbi

28 May 2009, 12:54

mjau-mjau wrote:sorry, its actually a theme settings. Go to admin -> themes -> edit your theme -> thumbnails.tooltip.maxwidth
just what the doctor ordered! thx!
gonna make one heck of a tutorial for this flash gallery one day .....