Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

RobW
Topic Author

problem in IE7 + flashplayer 10

26 Nov 2008, 15:19

Hi,
recently I'm having troubles with my site, but only in IE7 (Mozilla, Chrome works fine. Also Safari in Mac no problem).
http://www.smellenbergh.be/frameset_flash.html
I'm using on this site 2 galleries (Creaties and Specials). Since a few days (?) above "Creaties" it says "imageVue Gallery", and apart from that the number of pictures is shown between brackets.
No real disaster here... But switching from one gallery to the other is resulting in not showing any thumbs any more. Game over. The only thing you can do by then is hitting F5 and selecting the gallery you want to see.
I allready posted a message on the site apologizing for the trouble for IE7 visitors (75%).

No clue on how to fix this. Call Microsoft/Adobe?
Any feedback is highly appreciated.
Rob

PS : posted a dutch version on the dutch forum as well
Last edited by RobW on 28 Nov 2008, 11:18, edited 2 times in total.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

27 Nov 2008, 21:43

I tried your gallery in IE8(emulating IE7) and I didn't see any problem. I went between "Creaties" and "Specials" galleries a few times, and in both cases thumbnails were loading once I clicked a gallery menu.

RobW
Topic Author

28 Nov 2008, 04:22

mjau-mjau wrote:I tried your gallery in IE8(emulating IE7) and I didn't see any problem. I went between "Creaties" and "Specials" galleries a few times, and in both cases thumbnails were loading once I clicked a gallery menu.
Tnx for your feedback mjau-mjau .
We discovered now that the combination IE7 / flashplayer 10 is causing the trouble. IE7 + flashplayer 9 works fine. Can you check wich version of flashplayer you have installed?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

28 Nov 2008, 07:18

You are right ... I had flash player 9 where I checked earlier. I tried it now with flash player 10, and it doesn't reload after the first gallery.

It's not anything to do specifically with thumbnails though - It simply seems like it will not load after first time. I also noticed a difference in your layout when using the flash 10 player. With Flash 9, there was some additional area to the left of the gallery where the menu was.

RobW
Topic Author

29 Nov 2008, 10:46

mjau-mjau wrote:You are right ... I had flash player 9 where I checked earlier. I tried it now with flash player 10, and it doesn't reload after the first gallery.

It's not anything to do specifically with thumbnails though - It simply seems like it will not load after first time. I also noticed a difference in your layout when using the flash 10 player. With Flash 9, there was some additional area to the left of the gallery where the menu was.
we fixed it.
Into the flash of the fotobrowser there is detection of the installed flash player on the client side, so that eighter imagevueplayer6.swf or imagevueplayer7.swf is loaded...Somewhere into version 10 there is an error so that it loads imagevueplayer6.swf in stead of imagevueplayer7.swf
Since the greater part of the visitors wil have player 7 or higher we removed the older version.