Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

DarrenSeth
Topic Author

How to Upgrade

24 Nov 2008, 19:33

Hi-
I'm about to upgrade from the last version to the most recent version of V2 however I'm not able to find any documents showing what files to upgrade and what to leave alone.

Also is it possible to delete one's site using the admin panel? I'm unable to get the site to load at www.susanwattsphotography.com/gallery and none of the files which had been uploaded are showing in the gallery when I look via ftp.

-Darren

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

25 Nov 2008, 00:21

I am not sure - Are you upgrading from V1 to V2, or are you upgrading from an earlier version of V2, to the latest?

v1 -> v2
To upgrade from a V1 gallery, you can keep your images/folders in the "content" folder but nothing else. Delete other folders, and simply upload the v2 files- and folders(except the "content" folder as you wish to keep the one you had).

v2 ->v2 upgrade
To upgrade your V2 gallery with latest release, simply upload all files except the "content" folder. New files will overwrite old ones, and you keep your content with images- and folders.

Not sure what's wrong with www.susanwattsphotography.com/gallery - Seems to be working fine here, except perhaps one issue: Startpath is set to "content" which doesn't contain any images, so startpage remains blank. You need point startpath to an actual gallery folder or a textpage if you want am opening page.

globetrotter
Imagevue Expert

25 Nov 2008, 02:16

mjau-mjau wrote:v1 -> v2
To upgrade from a V1 gallery, you can keep your images/folders in the "content" folder but nothing else. Delete other folders, and simply upload the v2 files- and folders(except the "content" folder as you wish to keep the one you had).
Do you also need to delete the thumbnails which were created in V1?

I am not completely sure, but I believe I had some problems with showing thumbs in my gallery after upgrading from V1 to V2. I had 2 thumbs with the same name, eg.: tn_DSC00001.jpg and tn_DSC00001.JPG. After deleting all the thumbs and create them again, everything was fine.
Rene
http://www.globetrotternet.nl/

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

25 Nov 2008, 23:44

globetrotter wrote:Do you also need to delete the thumbnails which were created in V1?
Thumbnails from V1 should be compatible with V2, but there may be some issues with uppercase/lowercase in some cases. In V2, thumbnails are strictly created with lowercase, while in V1, if you have uppercase filenames, it will mirror the extension "*.JPG" in uppercase also.

So if you have problems with thumbnails after upgrading from V1, then simply goto your admin -> manage, and click "recreate thumbnails in all folders".

darktowers

Thumbnail problems

17 Dec 2008, 13:02

I'm having the same problem. I updated from V1 --> V2 by simply installing V2 in a new directory and then moving my old V1 /content folder to the new V2 location. Everything EXCEPT thumbnails (that appear in the CENTER of the screen when you first go to a gallery) works. I have tried recreating the thumbnails via the Manage screen -- I tried it in an individual folder AND throughout my entire content, but neither worked. Here are some screenshots to explain what I now see -- please let me know if there's a setting I need to do get ALL thumbnails back on screen.

When I navigate to a directory, only ONE thumbnail is showing, see below:

When I click on that one thumbnail from the previous screenshot, the image loads and the bottom thumbnail navigation loads.

This is happening for ALL my galleries that worked perfectly fine in V1.

Hope someone can help!! :)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

17 Dec 2008, 23:45

darktowers: Please send me link to your gallery and admin password in PM

globetrotter
Imagevue Expert

18 Dec 2008, 01:57

globetrotter wrote:Do you also need to delete the thumbnails which were created in V1?

I am not completely sure, but I believe I had some problems with showing thumbs in my gallery after upgrading from V1 to V2. I had 2 thumbs with the same name, eg.: tn_DSC00001.jpg and tn_DSC00001.JPG. After deleting all the thumbs and create them again, everything was fine.
Maybe this will help?
Rene
http://www.globetrotternet.nl/