Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

DaniMun
Topic Author

Flash Integration - Pre-purchase question

03 Oct 2008, 05:43

First off, nice work with your amazing Flash gallery! I really love it!

I've spent lots of time reading topics about it and testing its functionality, and now I can definitely say your work is simply amazing.

I intend to purchase a licence, but I'm afraid the gallery would prove almost useless for me if I couldn't find a way of embedding the flash file into an existing Flash site. The idea is pretty straight-forward: I need the gallery to get loaded into a blank loader movieclip, while I can still retain my main Flash website interface intact. So, here's my question:

Is it possible for the gallery to get loaded into a movieclip and still keep its functionality? I'm thinking about the MovieClip._lockroot property

Thank you for reading my post.
Cheers,
Dani

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

04 Oct 2008, 08:07

In V2 showcase forum you can find examples people loading it into another swf I think.
firedev.com

DaniMun
Topic Author

I'm a little confused

04 Oct 2008, 17:19

pain wrote:In V2 showcase forum you can find examples people loading it into another swf I think.
Could you please be more specific? I've searched the V2 showcase but I wasn't able to find what I am looking for :?
I'd like to know for sure whether it's possible or not for the gallery to retain its full functionality while being loaded into another swf. It's very important to me, so please let me know if I can achieve this.

Thank you

DaniMun
Topic Author

Re: Flash Integration - Pre-purchase question

06 Oct 2008, 14:02

DaniMun wrote:I intend to purchase a licence...
I've just purchased a private licence :) and I'm positively sure the $54 amount of money is well worth it :wink:
Now I just hope someone will point me in the right direction so I can embed the V2 Gallery into an existing Flash website. Any ideas, anyone? :)
I hope you have a wonderful day!
(and please, excuse my English, it's not my native language)

DaniMun
Topic Author

Still can't figure it out :(

07 Oct 2008, 06:09

I've emailed a request to Imagevuex support about my questions above (embedding the V2 gallery into an existing Flash site) and Karl (mjau-mjau, I think) answered promptly to it (thank you, Karl). However, your solution doesn't seem to work either. Here are the details:

1. My gallery link is http://www.idacas.ro/galerie/

2. The link of the main flash page, into which I intend to load the gallery, is http://www.idacas.ro/indexx.htm

3. I set the stage to align "TL", I created an empty movieclip, I placed it to the x=0, y=0 coordinates, I gave it the instance name of "loaderMc", and then added the following actionscript code to the main timeline:
Code
loadMovie("galerie/imagevue/imagevue2.swf?globalpath=galerie", loaderMc);
As you can see, the gallery swf file does load into my loaderMc movieclip, but it doesn't start, all I get is the swirling array of dots :(

What's wrong with my code? Can you please point me in the right direction? Karl, help me, please... :cry:

DaniMun
Topic Author

Help me please ...

08 Oct 2008, 07:42

I'm still waiting for support... :( is there someone who can really help me?

DaniMun
Topic Author

:( Still no support ... :( I'm highly disappointed

08 Oct 2008, 15:07

I must tell I'm highly disappointed because of the lack of the support... Come on, people, is it such a difficult task what I'm enquiring about? Can't believe there's nobody who could effectively help me. What happened to the "complete customer satisfaction" concept? :( :( :(

lowagie
Experienced

09 Oct 2008, 07:27

Cmon!

Give them some time... Your post is dated 07/10. Today we're 09/10... 48 hours... I also work in a support corner (for some medical systems, not for flash gallery's 8) ) and sometimes it takes some time before we can do some tests on an issue.

Same for imagevue, I don't think Karl know everything by head (or is he?) and sometimes you just have to wait untill he can look up some stuff..

Be patient and kind, then I'm sure somebody will help you!

Thijs

DaniMun
Topic Author

09 Oct 2008, 09:12

lowagie.be wrote:Be patient and kind
Oooops! Did I sound unkind? It wasn't my intention :oops: was just eager to get the gallery working as soon as possible.... hmmmm.... or maybe too soon ? Anyway, if I was being rude, then I'm sorry. I guess you're kinda' right

lowagie
Experienced

09 Oct 2008, 09:34

Nono, not that unkind, but just the complaining about "bad support"... hmmm... I think the support is pretty OK here.

I wish I could help you, but i'm too stupid for this custom flash stuff...

No hard feelings! :wink:

T

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

10 Oct 2008, 17:36

Sorry, Karl knows flash part better than me, and I thought he already answered.
I bugged him again though.
firedev.com

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

10 Oct 2008, 23:40

Sorry for the late reply. We are still operating under BETA version, and we haven't had time ourselves to look into loading V2 into a custom flash yet, so the topic is still relatively vague for us. I have also been busy working towards a huge new update.

I suggest you try this:
Code
loadMovie("galerie/imagevue/imagevue2.swf?globalpath=galerie/", loaderMc); 
Make sure you are using a trailing / (slash) after the globalpath value.

DaniMun
Topic Author

It's finally working :)

11 Oct 2008, 05:30

mjau-mjau wrote:Make sure you are using a trailing / (slash) after the globalpath value.
Almost can't believe there was such a small thing that caused me so much headache :lol:

However, Karl, I'm sorry for all my complaining and I hope you'll forgive me for that :oops:
And thank you very much for your valuable support!

Now, speaking about the V2 update,
mjau-mjau wrote:I have also been busy working towards a huge new update
can't wait to see what your amazing creative ideas will bring to us :wink:

Keep up the good work!

Greetings from Romania!
Dani

DaniMun
Topic Author

How can I load a specific folder or image?

15 Oct 2008, 09:51

mjau-mjau wrote:
Code
loadMovie("galerie/imagevue/imagevue2.swf?globalpath=galerie/", loaderMc); 
Make sure you are using a trailing / (slash) after the globalpath value.
Karl, I am facing another problem now: I have no idea how could I make the V2 gallery load a specific folder or a specific image by issuing call from a button inside my main Flash menu (not V2's menu).
I tried both
Code
loadMovie("galerie/imagevue/imagevue2.swf?globalpath=galerie/#/content/pictures1/", loaderMc);
and
Code
loadMovie("galerie/imagevue/imagevue2.swf?globalpath=galerie/content/pictures1/", loaderMc);
with no success whatsoever :?
I am almost sure the trouble is related to the globalpath variable, but I can't find the glitch
I'm puzzled ... I hate it but that't the truth... I feel I'm trying to bite off more than I can chew :cry: :cry: :cry:
Please, Karl, help me once again :oops:
Thank you so much :) :?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

17 Oct 2008, 05:10

You can't use the "#" url method, as this is a special method used by the javascript SWFAddress module for the URL field.
Code
You can however use the sstartpath parameter to go directly to a folder:
loadMovie("galerie/imagevue/imagevue2.swf?globalpath=galerie/&startpath=content/pictures1/", loaderMc);