Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

benthesnake
Topic Author

embedding fonts into slideshow.swf via slideshow.fla

06 Aug 2008, 11:08

Hello
I want to embedd to desert dog hmk font into the slideshow.swf by editing slideshow.fla.
I tried asking in the v2 support board but i dont think the guy understood my request.
It must be possible to do this so can someone please explain to me how it is done.
Many thanks - oh does anyone know why imagevue dosent work in internet explorer on mac ?

Many thanks

Benthelookinglassnake

Patrick_D1985
Experienced

06 Aug 2008, 15:44

Well currently it's a BETA meaning no FLA just yet.
You could decompile the swf offourse using for instance Flsh Eltima ... or IIRC Flash Decompiler Trillix and then replace the fonts.

but that would mean doing so which each and every beta update ...
PFSquad : Party Freakz Online
Owner / Webmaster / Administrator / Head of Photography

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

Re: embedding fonts into slideshow.swf via slideshow.fla

06 Aug 2008, 16:57

benthesnake wrote: Many thanks - oh does anyone know why imagevue dosent work in internet explorer on mac ?
Do you mean IE5/MAC ?
"– Excuse me, are you from the past?"

Being mac user myself I can run ie6 or 7 in virtual machine ofcourse, but which one you've been talking about?
firedev.com

benthesnake
Topic Author

07 Aug 2008, 04:43

hi Patrick_D1985
I am not on v2 but v1 instead which is why i am not posting on v2 board. i have slideshow.fla located in my source folder.
So i will ask again:
How do i embed desertdoghmk font into slideshow.fla ?
Please dont say somethign cryptic like " you cannot load embedded fonts through an external swf into the main swf file" i would just like a simple answer to a simple question.
Thanks for you help

pain:
err think you can run i.e. 7 without the aid of virtual machine no ?

Cheers guys

Benthelookinglassnake

Patrick_D1985
Experienced

07 Aug 2008, 20:16

benthesnake wrote:hi Patrick_D1985
I am not on v2 but v1 instead which is why i am not posting on v2 board. i have slideshow.fla located in my source folder.
Ah thought you meant v2 ;)
well i would check this link :
viewtopic.php?t=1150
PFSquad : Party Freakz Online
Owner / Webmaster / Administrator / Head of Photography

benthesnake
Topic Author

cheers ?

11 Aug 2008, 07:37

err thanks patrick

i appreciate your trying to help & all but that link takes me to a post which is specifically about embedding fonts into imagevue.fla NOT slideshow.fla - i had already read that and several other posts relating to this issue but no where was i able to find anything about embedding into slideshow.fla which is why i decided to post in the first place.
We are in the "slideshow module" board are we not ?
You will have to forgive my frustration mon ami but i have been posting on this board for 2 week now asking the same question "how do i embedd fonts intoslideshow.fla" i really cannot think of a way of putting it more simply - and yet i have not received a single straight answer from anyone despit posting threats on several different boards.
Surely if if the people that made imagevue are on here they must know how to do this??

So once again for anyone out there who knows anything PLEASE!....

"how. do. I. embed. fonts. into. slideshow.fla ?"

*Thanks you*

Ben

mikeatenor

11 Aug 2008, 21:53

I wish I had an answer for you, but have you asked mjau-mjau directly on this? I know he and Pain are VERY busy in the V2 forum right now. I know they are pretty much using their entire time monitoring that forum and working out bugs for V2. I would send mjau-mjau (Karl) a PM and see if he has an idea.

Best of luck!

And if you find out...let me know :D
Thanks,
Mike

benthesnake
Topic Author

on and on and on

18 Aug 2008, 13:36

still trying to do this with no luck at all
i succeeded in embedding the font into slidshow.fla and exporting as swf but it still did not change the picture headings i.e. the names it reads from the filenames of the images i have uploaded so they must be generated outside of slideshow.fla ?
i thought this would be a really easy thing to fix but been at it for weeks now with no joy.
suggestions anyone ?

Thanks

Ben

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

19 Aug 2008, 03:15