Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

busipaln
Topic Author

Floating Menu

15 Jul 2008, 16:53

Hi There,

I seem to be having a problem with the main menu.

I have quite a few folders in the main menu (25+), however when you go through the main menu and click on folder 1 it starts to float upwards, and the very top sub menus dissapears off the page, unless you bring the mouse down. When you bring the mouse back down and try to click on Folder 1, subfolder 1, it will just go back up and off the browser again untill you point the mouse down again.

Is there a feature to stop the folders floating up or down?

busipaln
Topic Author

31 Jul 2008, 19:36

bump

jckpalmer

Re: Floating Menu

17 Jan 2010, 19:06

busipaln wrote:Hi There,

I seem to be having a problem with the main menu.

I have quite a few folders in the main menu (25+), however when you go through the main menu and click on folder 1 it starts to float upwards, and the very top sub menus dissapears off the page, unless you bring the mouse down. When you bring the mouse back down and try to click on Folder 1, subfolder 1, it will just go back up and off the browser again untill you point the mouse down again.

Is there a feature to stop the folders floating up or down?
I get what you mean ( I know this thread is old, but it's a valid question).

I would like to know the answer to this too in case it happens to me. I would like the menu to move when a user wants to see the bottom though. So not entirely sure what the point is. Can you give us a link to your site and problem?

Thanks, John

It's an excellent feature that you can't have with HTML alone but I can see the problem you have with many sub folders. I think that better question would be, can I have the ability to alter the mouse / movement for the menu.

Or can I add a different kind of navigation system? I would still like to see a site with your particular problem tho, I thought the Sub-Categories in the current menu make it easier to avoid this issue.

I myself don't like the way the menu when set to "startshow" disappears a little too quickly, I mean blink and you'd miss it disappear, missing the point of activating this feature. A "auto_hide_delay" field would be good. :D

I'm looking through the menu now to see if this exist's already. If not, can you tell me which file the auto_hide is in so I might hilariously try to fix the problem myself?

Looking forward to seeing a site with this issue now, don't have that many sub folders myself.

A good example of a possible feature for X3, multiple Navigation Menu Styles or a more detailed way to alter the state of the menu. Background images for each menu item might be another idea...;)

John