Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

rosliothman
Topic Author

Putting sitemenu on my opening page

22 Jan 2008, 18:10

Hi there,

You've answered my sitemenu query before and i hope you can help me on this one as well.

I wish to use just the same sitemenu on my blank startpage. Is there a way to do that? if there is, would you mind sharing it with me because this is the only thing that's holding me back from launching my web.

Oh, another thing..how do I add a line of copyright info (in plain txt) at the bottom of my gallery page.

p/s: I'm no IT person but I can follow steps.

Many thanks!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

24 Jan 2008, 22:57

Unfortunately, the sitemenu is an imagevue-native SWF module only. It can not be extracted into html, and would not be able to work the same way from there anyway. We do have examples of some basic html menu here, which looks similar to the sitemenu: https://www.photo.gallery/imagevue/index ... basic.html

You can find more information here: viewtopic.php?t=2544 (Check links at thge bottom)

rosliothman
Topic Author

26 Jan 2008, 19:50

Hi there mjau-mjau..

Thanks for ur reply. before i venture myself into embedding the gallery to my index.html I would like to know whether my SITEMENU will come out on the index.html once I embed the gallery into it.

also could u please tell me which .ini files or .php files i should change the globalpath values as well as set the so.advar codes? in which folder/folders? and what other value/settings should i change.

Thanks 10000x

rosliothman
Topic Author

26 Jan 2008, 19:59

soo sorry...I've just realized you've already answered my SITEMENU query haha. Anyways..if i were to embed the gallery into my index.html, which .ini files or .php files i should change the globalpath values as well as set the so.advar codes? in which folder/folders? and what other value/settings should i change?

p/s: do i have to set the sitemenu to false before i embed? since the site menu would not work in html.

many thanks!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

27 Jan 2008, 23:25

rosliothman wrote:p/s: do i have to set the sitemenu to false before i embed? since the site menu would not work in html.
I think you have misunderstood - The sitemenu is part of the imagevue flash. It works from imagevue, and it also works if imagevue is embedded into a html page. However, you can not get the sitemenu to work standalone without imagevue, which seemed to be your first question.

If you are to embed the gallery into a html page, you don't really need to change anything unless the html file is in a different location than the imagevue gallery root. If it is, you need to add the globalpath parameter in the document to tell it where the imagevue root folder is. For example, you have:

yoursite.com/yourpage.html
yoursite.com/imagevue/

In yourpage.html where you have the gallery embedded, you would need to set:
Code
so.addVariable("globalpath", "imagevue/");

rone
Experienced

06 Aug 2009, 01:45

Is there anyway to make the site menu appear below, side or on top of the middle interface?

Another thought, is it possible to center the menu buttons over the top of the interface?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

06 Aug 2009, 08:45

You are speaking for Imagevue V1 I presume ...

Unfortunately, you can ´t relocate the position of the sitemenu. You can however center the buttons with the align option.