Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

bwoy
Topic Author

Hints on how to create backimages

11 Oct 2006, 09:29

Hey!

I'm tired of waiting for this section to appear in the online documentation so I figured someone can help me with some hints on how to create a nice backimage for Imagevue!

If I go with the SWF option, what software do I use and what should I think of when creating it? What are the pro's/con's when using SWF over bitmap image?

Thanx!

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

Re: Hints on how to create backimages

11 Oct 2006, 20:58

bwoy wrote:I'm tired of waiting for this section to appear in the online documentation so I figured someone can help me with some hints on how to create a nice backimage for Imagevue!
Well basic idea i think is this: you grab your camera, take some nice pictures or just draw something, then select the best one, crop it, resize it and you're set.
bwoy wrote:If I go with the SWF option, what software do I use and what should I think of when creating it? What are the pro's/con's when using SWF over bitmap image?
Basically most of the people use Macromedia Flash. And the advantage is possibility to use some fancy animation/effects.

ps. Not really see why artistic guidelines should be included in documentation though.
firedev.com

Christopher
Experienced

12 Oct 2006, 09:41

Heyas...

As for SWF, it can get pretty expensive using Adobe Flash (macromedia flash) just to make a background. You might consider using Adobe's ImageReady (comes with photoshop), assuming you already have it. You can export your images as an swf file though not with too many options.

As for SWF over bitmaps, aside the the aforementioned, I can't think of too much really. I go back and forth sometimes just to see if I can get smaller file sizes, but that's all I can really think of.

As for other stuff to consider, I'd be aware of screen sizes and not getting too busy or bold with your background, lest you take away the attention from your pictures. You might also consider adding some 'info' or copyright info somewhere on your background so it always shows...

Hope these random thoughts help out! Good luck!
Christopher

bwoy
Topic Author

12 Oct 2006, 21:23

painz wrote:Well basic idea i think is this: you grab your camera, take some nice pictures or just draw something, then select the best one, crop it, resize it and you're set.
Ah, I could've never guessed :shock:

I was more thinking of how to size it (how do you guys size yours?) and mainly how different sizes appear in different screen resolutions.

I just noticed there's a M (middle)-option under backalign-setting. Might come in handy.

Edit: Hmm... why can't I quote painz, what am I missing?

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

12 Oct 2006, 22:21

bwoy wrote: Edit: Hmm... why can't I quote painz, what am I missing?
Hmm... just tried myself - seems like it's connected with [x] Disable HTML in this post setting. Works when its set to ON
firedev.com

DELETED

SWF

18 Oct 2006, 22:46

DELETED