Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

How important is SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION?

Poll ended at 22 Oct 2006, 00:45

Sizzle is more important than SEO
1 (100%)
SEO is more important than sizzle
No votes

Total votes: 1

btos
Experienced
Topic Author

CONTENTFOLDER config issue

08 Oct 2006, 00:45

CONTENTFOLDER in config ini won't work to display the individual folder that I tried to set-up. I made another config file and named it: config10.ini file - installed the folder address into the duplicated file-> pointed to this url:

contentfolder= localhost/btos/?contentfolder=upload/content/Naval Aviation Museum/World War II/&configfile=config10.ini

I'm running development on my computer that's set-up for Apache with php etc. When I enter that url for the file foder, which seems to be accurate, I get an index of files within the btos, main folder. There's two categories that work in the normal mode, which I pointed the new config10.ini file to. I'm not getting into the Imagevue program with the url that I pasted into the browser...just my file index...Does that make sense?

This regular url address: localhost/btos/upload/index.php typed into the browser works just fine! Anyway, I've tried the online documenatation for this feature (exciting if I get it to fly) and cannot get it working. Any help sloving this would be appreciated. Thanks.

Bob
Last edited by btos on 08 Oct 2006, 09:12, edited 1 time in total.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

08 Oct 2006, 04:28

Hi btos,

Its abit hard to diagnose issues we can not access, but I'll try to address a few issues.
contentfolder= localhost/btos/?contentfolder=upload/content/Naval Aviation Museum/World War II/&configfile=config10.ini
First of all, I dont understand what you are trying to express here. You have the contentfolder parameter set twice in that sentence. Also, a contentfolder is usually relative to the imagevue setup, yet you are adressing it directly from an absolute path localhost. In your secoind contentfolder setting, you are using a relative path, but it sates upload/ as the first folder. Imagevue.swf and index.php is inside upload/ folder, so you wouldnt normally adress it like that.

Are you sure you havent misunderstood the difference between contentfolder and imagefolder? A content folder is by default "content", you you have set it to a single imagefolder.

If you had any chance to put any of this online, it would be much easier to show you how to work it out.

btos
Experienced
Topic Author

08 Oct 2006, 09:09

I think the config10.ini file is the problem. I don't know how to reference the alternate cofig10 file in the browser. This was a thought that didn't work when typed into the browser:

http://localhost/btos/index.php?contentfolder=World War II/&configfile=config10.ini

config10.ini:
contentfolder = btos/index.php?contentfolder= World War II
  • There's a reference in the documentaion on Globalpath (I don't understand), which is still set to false.
  • How does the config10.ini get entered into the url to reference the folder?
I'm stumped on this one and will have to abandon a project until I get an answer. Does this mean that unless I have the project online, I cannot get support? How can I post a project that is not functional?
Am I getting the right idea here? Use TWO config.ini files within the same folder, with different names :!:

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

10 Oct 2006, 14:41

It would atleast be much easier for me to understand where you are at and where you are going if you had something online -

Currently I see some fundamental misunderstandings:
config10.ini:
contentfolder = btos/index.php?contentfolder= World War II
Im not sure what you are trying to do here at all. All I can say is that it is wrong. You are setting contentfolder to reference a file index.php(which is not a folder at all).Also you are using parameters in the URL of the value.

btos
Experienced
Topic Author

10 Oct 2006, 15:17

From Documentation:
Useful when creating multiple galleries with different contentfolders and/or different setups.Example: https://www.photo.gallery/imagevue/[b]in ... er=content[/b]
Seems to me that there's paramaters in the examples' url?... I have no idea how to make it work with the info in documentaion. Makes no sense to me...https://www.photo.gallery/115
Can you even have multiple config files in the same folder?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

11 Oct 2006, 00:23

Yes, in the examples on that page the parameters are in the URL. You can change parameters for Imagevue and the slideshow in the URL in the browser. However, you are entering parameters behind a value in the configuration file. A configuration file is simply:

Parameter = value

But what I really dont understand, is that you have set "contentfolder = [some php file]". Like in that page you referred to, it points out that you have to point to a folder. In the example links, the following examples are displayed:

contentfolder=content2
contentfolder=content
contentfolder=../sites/somecontent/&configfile=config10.ini

It would perhaps be easier if you described what you are trying to do, or what you want to do, and I can perhaps give you a clearer guideline.

btos
Experienced
Topic Author

12 Oct 2006, 11:38

My intention had been to display presentations from folders that are set-up already for the main gallery. I thought I could make a slideshow presentation from a folder or group of folders to open from a specified url. Like if you had a New Orleans folder in the gallery group, you could write a url to open up the images within that folder and begin the slideshow for that group only- excluding the other folders and groups. Then if you had a Ferrari set of images, for a similar presentation, you could reference them with a separate cofig.ini file and write a url to reference that folder- using a different config.ini file that was named differently. I hope that makes sense, that's all I've got that I can tell ya.

I don't even know if I have the right idea about the ability to use a separate cofig file to do the presentation I had in mind. Doesn't look possible to me at this point. Again, can there be more than one config file? I cannot figure out what it is supposed to do. Can you tell me if I understand - that there's TWO config files to make this work? I've still not got an answer on that question, which seems to be the root of my problem.

I had given up on understanding what the contentfolder paramater actually does. Last week I had experimented with many different urls and config files, none of which worked to do what I wanted. I just posted one of my many many failures during the testing... I have not had time to try to go back and do more testing...especially since I don't know any more than I did a week ago. I went back to version 15 on my website. I'll keep trying to run the contentfolder config on my Apache localhost. If there's a way- then I'll post it.