Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Tracy
Topic Author

Any way to add the "purchase" link to the mobile gallery?

19 Jul 2012, 15:02

I asked the question under the mobile gallery post but I should have asked it here. Basically I use the "purchase" variable on each image to link to a paypal cart item. I figured out how to get that to show up in the html version by putting it as a text link in the description that says "buy print" but I can't figure out a way to get the either the shopping cart icon for purchase or the description link for "buy print" to show up in the mobile version.

Any help on how this could be done or if this is something that is being worked on for the future, anything would be great.

Thanks!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Any way to add the "purchase" link to the mobile gallery

19 Jul 2012, 18:32

Since the mobile version is so much different than the desktop flash version, we naturally need to compromise the design and in turn it looses some flexibility. In fact, I wonder who actually bother to go through a payment process from a mobile device in the first place ... is it worth it, taking into consideration it compromises the design? Also, the page your purchase link goes to, does it contain a mobile-friendly interface?

Do you have a link so I can take a look?

Tracy
Topic Author

19 Jul 2012, 20:36

Well it's true the likely hood of some one purchasing from their phone is low, but from a tablet or ipad it is much much higher, I use my tablet more then my pc when I am not working on a project. Also I am an art director for a marketing company as well, and I have some one who was interested when I showed them the site but wanted at least a link from the images to the product pages individually from all iterations of the gallery which is why I was asking if it was something in the works for down the line.

As for my gallery it is here http://art.xexart.com/ Not all the prints are for sale but a lot of the ones under original, which is the starting gallery are.

Thanks for any help and reply!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

20 Jul 2012, 06:54

Tracy wrote:As for my gallery it is here http://art.xexart.com/ Not all the prints are for sale but a lot of the ones under original, which is the starting gallery are.
Your landing page seems it would function fine on mobile. We will be adding support for purchase links in an update coming very soon ... However, it will require that you change the mobile folder view in settings: mobile -> view. You will need to check one of the "Images..." options instead of using thumbnails. Why? Because the thumbnails link to "swipe" interface that is somewhat limited because of the features.

Stay tuned!

Tracy
Topic Author

20 Jul 2012, 07:42

Awesome, sounds good!

Really any customizable space for a link of some type will work. I do like the thumbnail/swipe gallery better, but I understand the limitations.

You may want to consider if what you add works to add it to the bottom bar that appears when you tap the image once. The top bar has an x for closing the image/lightbox type effect. You could add title to the top bar and then add the purchase or description variable to the bottom bar.

One more thing and I don't "need" this functionality personally but you should consider adding the social media sharing icons to the mobile interface. Even if most people won't buy on their phone everyone uses their phone for social media, sharing, and connecting.

Thanks again for your time!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

20 Jul 2012, 09:10

agreed